The Student Room Group

hello sexxxiii wanna hook up 2nite??? ;) - the demise of gentlemen

Scroll to see replies

Girls, you have no grounds on which to say such things.
Original post by plok
Chivalry is dead because women killed it.

Women want everything plus more. Why should men be chivalrous to them when they're not doing anything in return? Nor do they appreciate it.
What does the modern woman do to deserve chivalry? Not much, I'm afraid. This is just another example of women expecting relationships to be a one way street in their favour.
The problem here is that most women in this day and age simply don't deserve it. There seems to be this underlying idea that men are inherently inferior and therefore, have to "prove", through arbitrary and utterly meaningless actions such as chivalry, that we are not. That is why chivalry seems to have died.

Chivalry in today's society is very excessive. Women are constantly adored and adorned with affection and gifts and so on. They wanted liberation and equality and they got it - in most places. And adding chivalry to the mix seems just logically wrong.
Why does the man constantly have to make all the effort; spend all the money; support her; change his ways and so on. Just watch all the holiday gift ads: the women get diamonds and cars, the men get razors. The problem with gender equality is that most women just want the benefits of equality without all the red tape.

Wow :daydreaming: I've never liked a post so much like this one. Im in awe of you, mister.

Original post by SamiFFXIII
Really?! A girl falls for that?

Depends how you say it :wink:
Generalisations are overused and overrated badumdumtsshhhh on both sides of the fence - 'women' as a whole didn't kill chivalry, and not all men say 'sexxii'.

It's really a matter of taste. Direct and a little vulgar Vs the very soft touch. I'm impressed by any man or women confident enough to make a direct first move, but would advise on atleast making the effort to use non text english if they want sex or a date. If a guy or girl really cares, appeal to something that makes the guy or girl feel respected.

Any never offer sexual pictures if the person's said no, repeatedly, to dating and or a just sex relationship -_-. Ever. Period.
Reply 143
Original post by shinytoy
folk

im appalled at the lack of gentlemenliness in todays society.

im a classy gal, all my skirts are below knee length and im always fairly covered, never drunk (teetotal) and virginal. however, this is the third time i have met a dude in a party/bookstore/trainstation and had an intelligent conversation which resulted in him inviting me for dinner.

on all occasions, the dude texts me something like 'hi sexxiii whatcha doin??wanna hang tom nite lolzz? meet 4 dinna yea?? ;-)) xox'. since when does a gentleman ask a lady if she 'wana hang'? since when do you address a classy lady as 'sexxiiii!!!;-))'

another thing i have noticed is dudes are so accustomed to loose moralled gals that they expect some sort of relations on the first date. now i dont usually kiss a dude on the first couple dates, i prefer to know the person well. but some of these guys are so used to gals giving head on date 1 or 2 they come to expect it and if you dont offer it they think you dont like them.

also, even BEFORE the first date, i have had dudes trying to feel out if they will get any action to see if it is a waste of time or not. they text stff like 'lookin fwd 2 c u 2nite, u real hott bin thinkin bout u in my arms all day sexxii ;-)). if i greet u with a long slow kiss is that ok or watt??' being a classy lady, no way am i gonna snog a dude i barely know.

but most dudes think if you spot a good looking dude and he sees a hot girl, you dont need to know each other you should just start shagging since you already like the look of each other. and many gals are that way in this day and age, so alot of guys come to expect that from a gal. and when the gal is a classy lady who dresses modestly and doesnt snog random dudes or offer sex for the price of a dinner in Pizza Express, they dont know how to react and either think you dont like them or are gold-digging.

anyone else notice this? what do you do? are there any gentlemen left or only a bunch of wannabe pimps and PUAs?

EDIT: have met most of these types of men after work or walking around in my lunch hour so i have been wearing marks and spencer business suits (skirts all below the knee length, with black tights and no revealing splits) with pearl necklaces, and hair in a bun. i also carry myself in a classy way and work in tax so do not come across in a disgusting way. also these guys are also not chavs, they seem classy intelligent and educated, most have MBA or LLM and wear suits, and speak properly. it is only after the inital approach they try to go all 'street'on me

Also the demise of 'the lady'. I receive text messages from women that are similarly crude, outrageous and blunt. While many men are like that, there are plenty who are gentlemen, dress well and are 'classy', just as there are classy women. However, you seem to have forgotten that there are just as many classless women as there are men; more in my experience, in fact.
Reply 144
Original post by plok

Women want everything plus more. Why should men be chivalrous to them when they're not doing anything in return? Nor do they appreciate it.
What does the modern woman do to deserve chivalry? Not much, I'm afraid. This is just another example of women expecting relationships to be a one way street in their favour.
The problem here is that most women in this day and age simply don't deserve it. There seems to be this underlying idea that men are inherently inferior and therefore, have to "prove", through arbitrary and utterly meaningless actions such as chivalry, that we are not. That is why chivalry seems to have died.

Chivalry in today's society is very excessive. Women are constantly adored and adorned with affection and gifts and so on. They wanted liberation and equality and they got it - in most places. And adding chivalry to the mix seems just logically wrong.
Why does the man constantly have to make all the effort; spend all the money; support her; change his ways and so on. Just watch all the holiday gift ads: the women get diamonds and cars, the men get razors. The problem with gender equality is that most women just want the benefits of equality without all the red tape.

WELL SAID! I will give you a thumbs up tomorrow.
Original post by katyness
Wow :daydreaming: I've never liked a post so much like this one. Im in awe of you, mister.

Depends how you say it :wink:

Oh tell me tell me, lol i need some pussy haha. :wink:
Reply 146
Original post by plok

Jesus christ... wow, i mean, wow. That is amazing.
ahaaa, i don't know why but reading this has made my night!
I agree.

Whatever happened to the age old tradition where a couple would go out for dinner and a movie, and then maybe bid farewell to chaste in a comfy bed later that night?

Now we have 'oi bbbz, wana meet up l8r 4 gd tym :tongue:?' 'yh k lollll'
Original post by SamiFFXIII
Oh tell me tell me, lol i need some pussy haha. :wink:

Try this: look at her, like that a good look at her head to toe and look at her in the eyes and say <you look stunning>
There's an example where you could use that and the girl would fall for it. Because she 'knows' that you mean it.
Original post by katyness
Try this: look at her, like that a good look at her head to toe and look at her in the eyes and say <you look stunning>
There's an example where you could use that and the girl would fall for it. Because she 'knows' that you mean it.

Lol im sorry but thats not gonna happen, even if it try, im 18 lol. Girls aren't gonna jump on me for that. or do you mean i say this when i go clubbing? Actually pm me lol, i need this advice, especially since you're a girl.
Original post by goewyn

Unfortunately, a lot of men don't see women as empowered and independent members of society, and the dinner buying and door holding is seen as some compensation... But this is also because the women expecting the door holding and dinner buying aren't seeing themselves as independent and empowered.

Source? A lot of girls/women these days base their ideas on youths who think being young is about having sex and getting drunk etc then assume men even decades older think like this.

Men have got to a point where they are still "trained" to think they have to treat women, pay for meals and presents etc and I have pretty much most times I have gone out hd women not even acknowledge me unless I buy them a drink, have had girls steal a drink I have just purchased at the bar in front of me then say they dont have to replace it since I am a man and have to buy women drinks! I have read articles in womens magazines detailing how to go on a night out and get taxis to town and back and not spend a penny all night and get drunk.
To be quite honest, most times I am a gentlemen it is met with hostility and ridicule. I tried to tell a young lady that she was sitting in a puddle of vomit and after saying "Excuse me" she begun to shout very loudly (attractting everybodys attention) that I was not good enough for her and should not be trying to chat her up. "Excuse me" gets that sort of reaction.

Being gentlemanly nowdays is seen as nothing but a cheap act. So the few good men try to avoid it now. The only gentlemanly act I can do now is holding a door open. Everything else I'm a pervert. Why would I bother?
Reply 153
Original post by drbluebox
Source? A lot of girls/women these days base their ideas on youths who think being young is about having sex and getting drunk etc then assume men even decades older think like this.

Men have got to a point where they are still "trained" to think they have to treat women, pay for meals and presents etc and I have pretty much most times I have gone out hd women not even acknowledge me unless I buy them a drink, have had girls steal a drink I have just purchased at the bar in front of me then say they dont have to replace it since I am a man and have to buy women drinks! I have read articles in womens magazines detailing how to go on a night out and get taxis to town and back and not spend a penny all night and get drunk.

Not sure why you've quoted me here or what source you're looking for - everyone on this thread appears to be using incidental/personal experience as evidence, including yourself.
The guys i've met are not like that. :confused:
And if i do ever meet a guy like that and TYPE like that, they wont hear anything from me anymore.
Original post by goewyn
Not sure why you've quoted me here or what source you're looking for - everyone on this thread appears to be using incidental/personal experience as evidence, including yourself.

You claimed that "most men" dont see women as independant and overcompensate etc, which is a huge generalisation.

My comments come from what I have read, what I have experienced, what other people have experienced and told me etc.
Reply 156
I'm appalled at the amount of women who act like men in public.

1. Loud mouths
2. Constant use of profanity
3. Dressing like you work at Hooters
4. Falling over in the streets drunk
5. Throwing yourself at men who are only interested in one night stands
6. Abusive behaviour
7. Fighting in night clubs (girl fights)
8. Bad manners - burping, scratching your ass in public.
9. Women drinking pints of Stella rather than drinking with class and using womanly glasses
10. Old Women that dress like their daughters
11. Girls acting like prostitutes to get in clubs for free or under aged
12. Insist on paying half the bill, NO I WILL PAY IT, I'M TAKING YOU OUT!

There's more but I'm not going to go into it.

Let me now continue by saying, not all women are like this but there do seem to be an awful lot of these woMEN around in today's society.

I would prefer to go out on a date in a civilised way and talk about things and have a good time, have a meal, then take you home, and see you another time.

Then eventually, after a few dates, things can develop on from there if I deem you to be a proper woman and not a woMAN.

Things women should be/do

1. Dressed smart to show they are intelligent - looking smart makes you attractive and interesting
2. Speak politely and not be rude shouting in pubs.
3. Have enough drinks she can handle rather than falling about in the streets trying to get a free taxi off a group of boys
4. Be more interested in clever men or nerds at university, instead of retarded chavs who only want to use you.
5. Let the man pay the bill instead of always moaning about how WE ARE ALL EQUAL - yes we are equal but there is such thing as treating someone
6. Good manners
7. Drink out of half pint glasses or vodka, champagne glasses instead of downing a pint of Stella like the woMEN on Shameless.
8. Never EVER have sex on the first date. Men will respect you more for it and if they are seriously interested they will contact you again regardless of whether or not you jump into bed with them at first chance.

Seriously, a lot of women in Britain need to go on Ladette to Lady and start to act more womanly.

A woman acting purely like a woman, feminine ways, is far more attractive than a woman trying to be Frank Gallagher.

Also as for the chavvy chat up lines - I haven't got a clue how they work but they do because women seem to be taken in by such moronic chav's in our society.
I get those type of messages on facebook now and then and they really disgust me. I hate to think that those kind of sleazy chat up lines work on some girls...
Reply 158
Original post by drbluebox
You claimed that "most men" dont see women as independant and overcompensate etc, which is a huge generalisation.

My comments come from what I have read, what I have experienced, what other people have experienced and told me etc.

Nah, I said a lot of men don't see women as independent and empowered. I also said part of the problem is that a lot of women also don't see themselves as independent and empowered. And I didn't say anyone overcompensated - only that buying dinners and holding doors is seen as some part compensation for this view (for both sexes).

If you read the rest of my post clearly, you'd see I even had an example of it all working quite well and a male and a female both respecting each other but also treating each other as male and female (and therefore sometimes differently).

My sources were the same as yours.
Is nobody else wondering how old this girl is meant to be if she's running around in marks and spencers suits with pearl necklines?

Or was that just me :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending