The Student Room Group

How can AMericans call Bush stupid?

I Don't get it, we see Americans making fun of Bush the whole, claiming he's stupid and incompetent..

I mean who voted for him, was it not the majority of Americans, (the same people that call him stupid today?)

and not just once but TWICE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oookay...

Maybe you should go to bed.
Majority of Electoral College voted for him twice, majority of popular vote voted for him only once like forreal.
Reply 3
62m voted for Bush in 2004 out of 122m voters
Kerry got more popular vote (1 million) than Bush did during the 2000 elections like forreal.
Reply 5
Original post by Fusion
62m voted for Bush in 2004 out of 122m voters

I don't care how much he got, he still got the majority of votes.
Reply 6
Well, not everyone did? Even if they did vote him in, doesn't mean they could foresee every decision he was going to make, so that doesn't make them hypocritical for then calling him stupid afterwards.

Plenty of students voted for Nick Clegg but now view him as incompetent - this doesn't make them hypocrites, opinions are allowed to change.
Reply 7
Original post by SomaliMan
I don't care how much he got, he still got the majority of votes.

That still leaves a minority of 60m voters. Presumably his biggest critics are within this group (numbering the population of the UK)
Reply 8
They're going to hate Obama so much worse than Bush when his time is over.

Surprised America is making a big deal about how he's been doing the opposite of what he promised?
Reply 9
Quite a lot of people didn't vote for him, the ones who did probably didn't think he was stupid/didn't care.
Reply 10
Original post by KellyKellyFan411
Kerry got more popular vote (1 million) than Bush did during the 2000 elections like forreal.

Kerry didn't run in the 2000 elections.

Like, forreal.
Reply 11
Original post by Yawn11
They're going to hate Obama so much worse than Bush when his time is over.

Surprised America is making a big deal about how he's been doing the opposite of what he promised?

Obama was handed a disaster and he's slowly doing his best to transform it back into a country.

Already he's delivered as best he could (hampered by uncooperative Republicans) on health care reform, and he made the only real viable choice regarding the situation in Irak and Afghanistan.

He's also made a big move towards maintenance of federal infrastructure and green technology was strongly supported in his stimulus package.

He's done a fairly good job considering, when the economy swings round his approval ratings will climb again.
He bought the Texas Rangers enough said.
No they didnt, he cheated in Florida in 2000.
Original post by Eldedu
Kerry didn't run in the 2000 elections.

Like, forreal.

You know what I mean I meant Al Gore like forreal
Reply 15

No doubt.
Or you just screwed up and it hurts to, like, admit it, but whatever.
Reply 16
Original post by Eldedu
Obama was handed a disaster and he's slowly doing his best to transform it back into a country.

Already he's delivered as best he could (hampered by uncooperative Republicans) on health care reform, and he made the only real viable choice regarding the situation in Irak and Afghanistan.

He's also made a big move towards maintenance of federal infrastructure and green technology was strongly supported in his stimulus package.

He's done a fairly good job considering, when the economy swings round his approval ratings will climb again.

No his system is set to fail. Because he's being told what to do by elite bankers/ the bilderberg group.

American Presidency works like this:
- There'll be a standard president, who will seem fine at the beginning.

- But eventually people will realize what they are trying to implement or have done, goes against their wishes.

- This president turns into the enemy, and becomes mocked or ridiculed.

- A new president is selected based on his charm, and ability to make good speeches.

And that's what Obama was, handsome, young and charming, all this crap about change had all fooled he won't do ****.

He said he would bring the troops back, and what does he do? Send off 30, 000. American government is corrupt atm.
Reply 17
Original post by Yawn11
No his system is set to fail. Because he's being told what to do by elite bankers/ the bilderberg group.

American Presidency works like this:
- There'll be a standard president, who will seem fine at the beginning.

- But eventually people will realize what they are trying to implement or have done, goes against their wishes.

- This president turns into the enemy, and becomes mocked or ridiculed.

- A new president is selected based on his charm, and ability to make good speeches.

And that's what Obama was, handsome, young and charming, all this crap about change had all fooled he won't do ****.

He said he would bring the troops back, and what does he do? Send off 30, 000. American government is corrupt atm.

You can't be a rational human being and believe in the Bilderberg group. I suppose the freemasons are somehow to blame too?

I've already given examples of things he has done, so your argument falls through.

I think your core ideas about big business having too much power and democracy being corrupted are sound but you've pushed it from reasoned consideration into the much more hostile terrain of crackpot conspiracy theories.
Reply 18

Hes totaly serious you guys
Reply 19
Original post by Eldedu
You can't be a rational human being and believe in the Bilderberg group. I suppose the freemasons are somehow to blame too?

What makes it irrational? Especially as it has known members, and even Obama has acknowledged them, as well as the Council for Foreign Relations. Don't see what freemasons have to do with this.
Original post by Eldedu

I've already given examples of things he has done, so your argument falls through.
By that logic so should yours, because I've suggested examples of what he has failed to do.
http://www.moveleft.org/obamas_promises/index.html

Original post by Eldedu

I think your core ideas about big business having too much power and democracy being corrupted are sound but you've pushed it from reasoned consideration into the much more hostile terrain of crackpot conspiracy theories.

That's your opinion, I didn't even scratch the surface on it's corruption tbh. No point in trying, once one has got their solid views, only they themselves can change it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending