The Student Room Group

Religious African Americans are crazy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flowermaster91

Original post by flowermaster91
theyre those damn nigerians i bet! get them out of the country i say

@mods this is racism. Give this man a perma ban.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by yoyo462001
@mods this is racism. Give her a perma ban.

LOOL! go away, the amount of times theres been racist posts and the mods didnt do anything :hand:
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
I'm sure 66,000+ dead innocent Iraqi civilians would agree with you :nothing:

But I'm sure your Orange-mocha-frappucino is of more interest to you :rolleyes: The fact that you're studying in a city that is now renowned for its tolerance and acceptance of different cultures and minorities is a disgrace.

Like most Americans, I am not for the war.

It was mostly the last paragraph which actually made me laugh out loud. Also the part about Americans "categorically can not relate to anything but dominance." I mean, that's comedy gold right there. You should be pretty proud of yourself.

Haha, oh, ok, so because I'm from California, all I care about is my "orange mocha frappucino" and I'm apparently a racist and intolerant. Ok, Mr. "World Citizen." Ya, that's why I thought your post was so funny. Because you "have brown skin."
Reply 23
Original post by Cassandra_Z
I hope you realize that the first internet messages were produced between UCLA and STANFORD which is located in the United States of America.

I hope you realize that was a joke.
I concur.

Reply 25
I think it's safe to say that anyone who is overly religious is, by definition, crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_JmXCNPs6Y&feature=related
[QUOTE="Bellrosk;28743875"]I hope you realize that was a joke.[/QUOTE

I'm done arguing.
Original post by amandacalifornia
Like most Americans, I am not for the war.

Bush got elected twice.

And then you elected a man who pushed for a troop surge in Afghanistan.

Also the part about Americans "categorically can not relate to anything but dominance."

American dominance is a fact, not a notion, whether that's cultural, or military. Why else do you think the US spends more on 'defence' than China, the UK, France and Russia combined? Why else do you think Joel Andreas, American author and doctorate of sociology created 'Addicted to War: why the US can't kick Militarism.?

I mean, that's comedy gold right there. You should be pretty proud of yourself.

Yes yes. You've learned to 'do' sarcasm. Would you like a medal? :rolleyes:

I'm apparently a racist and intolerant.

I never claimed that you personally, in particular were anything. I claimed that there is a national attitude that's embedding into the American psyche. A certain inhuman quality that renders you incapable of thinking of non-Americans as human beings.

Because you "have brown skin."

I guess it's very easy for you. Sadly, many people suffer from racism, myself included. My fiance's two sisters refuse to accept me being engaged to their sister because I do not have white skin. Is that fair and reasonable to you? Is that funny to you?

Clearly, you are the best evidence of the insular attitude that Americans posses. I would hope never to come across anyone like you in my home city of London.
The same people always gotta play the victim card like forreal the Black American media is racist.
I know this is pointless to say but you guys should come to Alaska, the people here are amazingly nice and arent like that here. I guess this is where my naive root from since all I've experienced is the best of each community I've lived or traveled to.

That actually sounds really nice. Despite being the uh...'home of Palin' so to speak, I've noticed that there tends to be a streak of independence that runs in Alaskans. I've come across quite a lot of material by vehement Alaskans who have been coming out against Palin's neo-con populism.

Maybe me and my girlfriend will visit Alaska some time :smile:
Bush got elected twice.

And then you elected a man who pushed for a troop surge in Afghanistan.

American dominance is a fact, not a notion, whether that's cultural, or military. Why else do you think the US spends more on 'defence' than China, the UK, France and Russia combined? Why else do you think Joel Andreas, American author and doctorate of sociology created 'Addicted to War: why the US can't kick Militarism.?

Listen. I'm not even going to bother arguing with ignorance. Claiming that 300 million people "can only relate to dominance" is not a statement even worth refuting.

Most Americans are not for the war. Look it up. While you're at it, google "British empire." And I won't get into an analysis of the 2004 election and the reasons for its outcome though I very well could. I study politics.

I never claimed that you personally, in particular were anything.

"But I'm sure your Orange-mocha-frappucino is of more interest to you :rolleyes: The fact that you're studying in a city that is now renowned for its tolerance and acceptance of different cultures and minorities is a disgrace."

A certain inhuman quality that renders you incapable of thinking of non-Americans as human beings.

I mean listen to yourself. Seriously, why would I even bother trying to argue with a nutcase?

I guess it's very easy for you.

Why? Because I'm white? Do you have any idea the kind of evil bile that has been directed at me because of my accent and where I come from? Like I can help those things? No? Do you see me breaking out a violin and having a pity party? Or pretending like British people are evil, or I could even have a valid opinion on their society as a whole because of it?

Sadly, many people suffer from racism, myself included. My fiance's two sisters refuse to accept me being engaged to their sister because I do not have white skin. Is that fair and reasonable to you? Is that funny to you?

Um, no. What does that have to do with anything? Take out a calculator and divide 2 by 300 million. Then ask yourself if this is a sample size which a reasonable person would think could merit a conclusion.

Clearly, you are the best evidence of the insular attitude that Americans posses.

Haha, ya. That's why I decided to live in Europe. Another brilliant conclusion.

I would hope never to come across anyone like you in my home city of London.

Lol well I can assure you it's mutual.

Also have you ever stopped to think how hilariously ironic your avatar is?
(edited 13 years ago)
That actually sounds really nice. Despite being the uh...'home of Palin' so to speak, I've noticed that there tends to be a streak of independence that runs in Alaskans. I've come across quite a lot of material by vehement Alaskans who have been coming out against Palin's neo-con populism.

Maybe me and my girlfriend will visit Alaska some time :smile:

Yeah I do not agree with the actions that Palin has executed. She has left our state in a state of confusion and hurt feelings when she abandoned us by stepping down from her position.

That's actually funny you mentioned that. My boss, which is kind of embarrasing, has a popular blog that bashes on her. 0_0 I don't necessarily like Palin, but I definitely wouldn't take the time and energy to talk nasty things of her.

You should ^_^ If you love the outdoors it is definitely the place to be. We don't exactly have the luxory of nice shopping malls and restaurants though. :/ The town I am in right now only consists of 4,000 people.

Most Americans are not for the war. Look it up.

Provide evidence. Once again, I refer back to the 2004 Presidential Election result :nothing:

While you're at it, google "British empire."

I'm well aware of the effects of British Imperialism. I'm second generation immigrant, Bangladeshi, formerly part of 'British India'.

And I won't get into an analysis of the 2004 election and the reasons for its outcome though I very well could. I study politics.

Consider you 'study politics' you seem to have an incredibly stunted outlook.

"But I'm sure your Orange-mocha-frappucino is of more interest to you :rolleyes:

Based on this rather insolent drivel: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28637835

I mean listen to yourself. Seriously, why would I even bother trying to argue with a nutcase?

Because you can't :nothing: If I was such a 'nutcase', you'd be able to prove it :rolleyes:

Do you have any idea the kind of evil bile that has been directed at me because of my accent and where I come from? Like I can help those things? No?

As my avatar and sig suggest, I do not condone prejudice, violence, threats of intimidation or bullying of any sort and as such, you have my sympathy. However, that does not distract us from the reality of the atrocities for which your people have inflicted on the world.

Um, no. What does that have to do with anything? Take out a calculator and divide 2 by 300 million. Then ask yourself if this is a sample size which a reasonable person would think could merit a conclusion.

I was stating an example, to put it simply and I was using this example to show the intolerant nature many Americans express toward people of different races/religions.

Haha, ya. That's why I decided to live in Europe. Another brilliant conclusion.

True, why you live here is beyond me. We value the rights of human beings equally and I can't imagine why someone so intrinsically nationalistic about a state that promotes hatred an inequality would want to live here.

Also have you ever stopped to think how hilariously ironic your avatar is?

Not particularly. I am a humanist and an egalitarian. I fail to see the irony in believing that all human beings are equal.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah I do not agree with the actions that Palin has executed. She has left our state in a state of confusion and hurt feelings when she abandoned us by stepping down from her position.

That's actually funny you mentioned that. My boss, which is kind of embarrasing, has a popular blog that bashes on her. 0_0 I don't necessarily like Palin, but I definitely wouldn't take the time and energy to talk nasty things of her.

You should ^_^ If you love the outdoors it is definitely the place to be. We don't exactly have the luxory of nice shopping malls and restaurants though. :/ The town I am in right now only consists of 4,000 people.

I will certainly consider a trip to Alaska. I find visiting new places with different cultures incredibly fascinating.

However, please take a moment to really think about what your country did to Iraq.

Try to imagine being an Iraqi civilian. Being invaded, living in terror, and losing a family member.

I know being so far from the reality of it all makes it difficult, but try to empathise.
BET is racist. NAACP is racist. Every African American organization is racist. Dumb bigots.
I will certainly consider a trip to Alaska. I find visiting new places with different cultures incredibly fascinating.

However, please take a moment to really think about what your country did to Iraq.

Try to imagine being an Iraqi civilian. Being invaded, living in terror, and losing a family member.

I know being so far from the reality of it all makes it difficult, but try to empathise.

I cant even begin to imagine it. :\ My view on my country has changed significantly after reading many comments. I mean I still love certain characteristics but i've definitely seen a different view of it now.
Provide evidence. Once again, I refer back to the 2004 Presidential Election result :nothing:

http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm Btw that took me about a second on google.
Also, you might want to consider that the 2004 presidential election was not a referendum on the Iraq War.

I'm well aware of the effects of British Imperialism. I'm second generation immigrant, Bangladeshi, formerly part of 'British India'.

Cool.

Consider you 'study politics' you seem to have an incredibly stunted outlook.

"Stunted outlook?" As of yet the only political opinion you know I have is that I am against the Iraq War and I think blanket statements about mass groups of human beings based on the location of their birth, especially ridiculous ones like yours, are laughable.

Based on this rather insolent drivel: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28637835

Haha, ya. I have a social life, therefore I'm an idiot. Also you can "base it on" whatever you'd like as you don't know me and your personal attacks do nothing but serve to undermine your credibility as a "tolerant" or civil, human being.

Because you can't :nothing: If I was such a 'nutcase', you'd be able to prove it :rolleyes:

Ya, you're right. I can't refute "Americans think of everyone else as not human." Bravo, Sherlock. Would you like a cookie? Oh wait, I am one. And I don't.
Would you like to find me a study that refutes "British people think French people smell like cheese?"

As my avatar and sig suggest, I do not condone prejudice, violence, threats of intimidation or bullying of any sort and as such, you have my sympathy.

Hahahahaha

However, that does not distract us from the reality of the atrocities for which your people have inflicted on the world.

Hahahaha "my people." What a joke. Ya, you're a real world citizen.

I was stating an example, to put it simply and I was using this example to show the intolerant nature many Americans express toward people of different races/religions.

Oh, ok. So I can go to America, tell them all about the BNP and how many people voted for them in the last election, and be justified in telling everybody British people are racists.
Also, check this out and compare: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/time-to-lead/multiculturalism/diversity-yes-in-my-backyard/article1736042/

True, why you live here is beyond me.

Because I have a interest in learning about and an appreciation for cultures other than me own. In other words, an open mind. Try it.

We value the rights of human beings equally and I can't imagine why someone so intrinsically nationalistic about a state that promotes hatred an inequality would want to live here.

"Intrinsically nationalistic?" A "state that promotes hatred and inequality?" Listen. to. yourself.

Not particularly. I am a humanist and an egalitarian. I fail to see the irony in believing that all human beings are equal.

It's funny because while you pretend to be an open-minded pacifist and a humanitarian, you are willing to say beyond insulting, hurtful things about millions of people you've never even met, including me, based on political incidents. You see people by their accents and where they were born. You think you are better than me because you are British and I am American. Like the little slip of London being "my home town." That is why it is funny.
It's funny because while you pretend to be an open-minded pacifist and a humanitarian, you are willing to say beyond insulting, hurtful things about millions of people you've never even met, including me, based on political incidents. You see people by their accents and where they were born. You think you are better than me because you are British and I am American. Like the little slip of London being "my home town." That is why it is funny.

I described myself as a 'world citizen'. To be likened to anything even remotely close to nationalism is an insult in my eyes. I do not see people by their accents or where they were born believe me.

I do however, see the trail of destruction a peoples may leave, the wars they commit, the atrocities they incur, the liberties they step on and the lives they end - in their hundreds of thousands.

I do not think of myself as better than you because I am 'British' and you are 'American'. Like I said, I regard myself as a World Citizen. To use your words, "look it up".

And yes, London is my home. I don't appreciate it being occupied by nationalist supremacists.
Reply 38
:sexface:

Just gonna leave that there
I described myself as a 'world citizen'. To be likened to anything even remotely close to nationalism is an insult in my eyes. I do not see people by their accents or where they were born believe me.

"will certainly consider a trip to Alaska. I find visiting new places with different cultures incredibly fascinating.

I know being so far from the reality of it all makes it difficult, but try to empathise. "

After you attacked her and her nationality, she nicely suggested you visit Alaska. Then you responded with that crap, like it is her personal fault the state in charge of where she lives invaded a country. Like it is HER who should feel guilty because she lives under the same FLAG as those troops. It was her PEOPLE, and therefore her FAULT, you blazing hypocrite.

You said of Londoners: "We value the rights of human beings equally" like because someone is from London, they aren't racist or a whole number of other things. When I have heard plenty of Londoners make racist jokes and the like.

You also said "you are the best evidence of the insular attitude that Americans posses. " Because even though you must have known for a fact that I studied in London, you saw "California" in my name and cast that stereotype upon me. You said Americans think of people outside their borders as non-human. If you noticed, I never claimed you or your attitude were typical of your nationality, or religion, or your race, or anything else that would be totally unacceptable in civilized society.

You sir, are just as prejudiced and racist as those people you claim to abhhor. You make blanket statements about a group of people based on one characteristic. You cast a whole number of responsibilities and prejudices on a group of people not because of the color of their skin, but because of an equally immutable trait, where they were born. You need to take a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror and I mean that.

I do however, see the trail of destruction a peoples may leave, the wars they commit, the atrocities they incur, the liberties they step on and the lives they end - in their hundreds of thousands.

"Peoples?" Ya, you really don't see people for their accents or nationalities. Every state has waged an unwise war. Every state has embarrassing skeletons in their past. How unbelievably terrible it is to cast the responsibility for that on the people who happen to live in it's borders shoulders. Or to pretend like dredging up the past or current policy decisions makes it ok to say the kind of things you do about Americans, even with the statistics I just showed you. And even the people who were for the war, do you really think none of them had genuinely good intentions at heart? That they all just thought Muslims were evil and were looking for an excuse to kill them? Look past their nationality for just a second and recognize they are human beings. Your "empathy" should tell you what you need to know.

I do not think of myself as better than you because I am 'British' and you are 'American'. Like I said, I regard myself as a World Citizen. To use your words, "look it up".

Oh, ok. So you just think of yourself as better than me because you are a non-American and I am.

And yes, London is my home.

So I have less of a right to be there? It's "disgraceful" that I'm here because I'm American and not ashamed to be? I thought that kind of thinking didn't exist in "world citizenship?"

I don't appreciate it being occupied by nationalist supremacists.

Do you just pull insults out of a hat? How the hell does poking fun at your ignorant "nationalist" statements mean I think America is supreme in the world order?

BTW I know several Americans of Bengali descent, and American Muslims, who would find your statements and your nasty attitude in general totally outrageous and insulting. Please don't pretend you speak for anyone but yourself.

Quick Reply