The Student Room Group

Like a girl I hardly know...

Ok, so basically I met this girl at a Chemistry practical thing, where the two schools were put together to do a series of experiments, about 1-2 weeks ago. I met this girl and, to be honest, only talked to her a wee bit and she seemed nice.

That was that, and we returned to our respective schools (we're both in the last year). My friend added her on Facebook, so I thought what the heck and added her too. She then wrote on my wall saying hi and we spoke a couple of times on Facebook chat.

The thing is that I hardly know her and I think I'm beginning to "like" her. she lives and goes to a school 12 miles away though.

What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just keep talking to her, see how it goes?
12 miles isn't really that far at all.
Reply 2
Original post by emeleh
Just keep talking to her, see how it goes?
12 miles isn't really that far at all.

Think back to when you were at school. Would you really travel 12 miles to meet someone you barely know?
Reply 3
Original post by Bananas01
Think back to when you were at school. Would you really travel 12 miles to meet someone you barely know?

That's why you'd keep talking to her first :smile: If you got to know her, and got attached to her, 12 miles would be fine. For meeting in the mean time, could meet halfway?
Reply 4
Original post by emeleh
That's why you'd keep talking to her first :smile: If you got to know her, and got attached to her, 12 miles would be fine. For meeting in the mean time, could meet halfway?

I get the feeling meeting half way could be even more awkward :lol: I should really make the effort if I really wanted to.

Why are we even talking about how to meet her, I'm nowhere near that stage yet! How would I do that, just go on Facebook chat one day and say she seems nice and is good looking and I want to meet up? Seems a bit awkward...
Reply 5
I get the feeling meeting half way could be even more awkward :lol: I should really make the effort if I really wanted to.

Why are we even talking about how to meet her, I'm nowhere near that stage yet! How would I do that, just go on Facebook chat one day and say she seems nice and is good looking and I want to meet up? Seems a bit awkward...

Just talk to her regularly and it might not seem so weird :smile: You've met before so it's not like it's some random person off the internet, she shouldn't be too freaked out if you build a relationship online then ask to meet her? :tongue:
I'd probably just talk to her as a friend first and see how it goes, get to know her more :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by emeleh
Just talk to her regularly and it might not seem so weird :smile: You've met before so it's not like it's some random person off the internet, she shouldn't be too freaked out if you build a relationship online then ask to meet her? :tongue:
I'd probably just talk to her as a friend first and see how it goes, get to know her more :smile:

I appreciate your advice but I just really want to come out with it! I feel the longer I wait the less likely it is to happen y'know?

Thanks for the advice :smile:

Does anyone else have any advice on this?
You want to pork her. Heres some advice:
Reply 8
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
You want to pork her. Heres some advice:

:rofl: Somehow I don't think so.
Reply 9
Just have confidence :smile: Not much else to say really.
Reply 10
Original post by emeleh

Original post by emeleh

I can totally see your view on this.. He doesn' even know the girl he's hardly gonna just ask to meet her! It'd be so alkward.. First impressions mean everything, he doesn't wanna ruin it by being too forward!

My advice is just play it cool, keep chatting on FB and see how it goes.
Honestly you can really LIKE her at this stage, its probably more of an infatuation thing. She's pretty, funny, showed some interest in you and she's ticking all the boxes of 'potential interest.'

Don't get too bogged down over it, and don't ask to meet her THIS early in the game!!
Reply 11
Original post by dannimcq
I can totally see your view on this.. He doesn' even know the girl he's hardly gonna just ask to meet her! It'd be so alkward.. First impressions mean everything, he doesn't wanna ruin it by being too forward!

My advice is just play it cool, keep chatting on FB and see how it goes.
Honestly you can really LIKE her at this stage, its probably more of an infatuation thing. She's pretty, funny, showed some interest in you and she's ticking all the boxes of 'potential interest.'

Don't get too bogged down over it, and don't ask to meet her THIS early in the game!!

It's quite hard to avoid running out of things to talk about though :o:

Any advice on how to keep the conversation running?

I always seem to get like this with girls...
Reply 12
Hmmm ok.. Well, lets see. If I was her.. I'd like interesting conversation.. "How are you" gets pretty tiring after the first few times!
Ask about what her plans are for the future.. Thats always a topic that goes on for ages.. (IF their remotely interessting!)
Now I know your thinking, "well thats a bit of a random question , I don't wanna seem weird."

Just ask it in a every day convo sorta way like... "So what do you plan to do after Uni?"
or, if she's doing the A levels you can find out about where shes going, why, what course etc..

Boring?
Or, well there'd the topic of family and friends?

Bland?

Ok, well, my personal favorite.. (Call me a child but I don't care!) Is randon question time :O !!
Just start of as a joke like.. so your coming to the end of the same old topic and the YOU ask.."OK, you ready?" and shes all.. "For what? ha" and your all "For random question time of COURSE" and shes all "ha.. whats that?!" and your all "Ok, you can ask me any question you want, as long as its competely bizarre, and I have to answer truthfully"

S at first shes a bit taken aback like, well I don't know what to ask so then YOU start and ask something ridiculous.. like, what colour socks shes wearing today ooor.. Does she prefer indian or chineese food?

The questions will get funnier and funnier leaving her thinking "Wow, I bearly know this guy and he's so funny!" leading to INSTANT attraction and then I get an invite to the wedding!

wahay! :wink:
Reply 13
Anyone else got any advice?
Reply 14
:rofl: Somehow I don't think so.

worked for that guy in the thread, might be worth a shot

i don't see why you can't just ask her to the cinema or something?, do you drive?
12 Miles? That's like a 30 minute bus ride.
Reply 16
Do what I'm too afraid to do with some guy I barely know but fancy the hell out of and point blank ask for her number or ask her out for coffee (:
Ok, so basically I met this girl at a Chemistry practical thing, where the two schools were put together to do a series of experiments, about 1-2 weeks ago. I met this girl and, to be honest, only talked to her a wee bit and she seemed nice.

That was that, and we returned to our respective schools (we're both in the last year). My friend added her on Facebook, so I thought what the heck and added her too. She then wrote on my wall saying hi and we spoke a couple of times on Facebook chat.

The thing is that I hardly know her and I think I'm beginning to "like" her. she lives and goes to a school 12 miles away though.

What should I do?

u dont like her, you got lust for her. dont pursue it and find a PROPER girl and dont get boners and pump n dump after 3 days ye? sick.
Reply 18
Original post by Drumzilla
worked for that guy in the thread, might be worth a shot

i don't see why you can't just ask her to the cinema or something?, do you drive?

Nah, although I'm 17 I don't drive :tongue:

And I feel just asking her out would be too forward at this stage, don't want to ruin it already!
Nah, although I'm 17 I don't drive :tongue:

And I feel just asking her out would be too forward at this stage, don't want to ruin it already!

no excuse

i'm nearly 20 and don't drive... i'd travel OVER 9000!!!!1111 hours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending