The Student Room Group

Do women find playing the guitar attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Probably women like it when a nice guy pulls at their heart-strings
Original post by Cloudrunner
Oh so you play too? I'd love to, I really would, its just my skin is so soft that I kept getting blisters which then meant I had to abandon ship for a few days- and my dad is so impatient - he does backing tracks for big names. I love writing songs you see, usually I use my keyboard but the guitar is so much better for that sort of thing, and the sound I want. Ha less Alesha keys and more kings of leon :-)

The biggest thing for me when I started learning was the barre chords. My hands and fingers had to bend in shapes they never had done before, and that hurt for a long time. I suppose most people who start playing guitar want to learn the whole songs of their most favourite bands, and then when they realise they won't be an instant hit, give up. I eventually got through that and learnt that knowing and being able to change chords opens you up to a whole range of different types of songs, and even gives you different genres and bands to explore.
Not specifically a guitar... but any instrument that is played extremely well is attractive.

Not the fact that he has a guitar:smile:
Reply 63
It's quite cool, though obviously it's not enough on its own, but only if your good at it.
Well it's not a turn off, though I think it depends what type of music is being played. A guy with an acoustic is lovely (especially if he can sing as well) but I won't fall head over heels for someone merely based on that. However, I must say, I find it completely unattractive when girls play the guitar. As sexist as I may sound, girls who 'try' to play the guitar always seem very 'wannabe' to me.
Reply 65
Original post by mrCinderella
yeah...so... ive been playing guitar for about 7 years now and not to brag or anything, but i am pretty good... but ive never used it to "get" girls. people i know are starting to learn to play the guitar becasue theywant to atract girls... ive never really boasted about playing the guitar.
so girls... do you find it attractive?
and guys... how do you then go about "seducing" with a guitar?
:wink:

Women do love my Spanish guitar and flamenco playing :wink:
what about specifically jazz guitar?
Reply 67
to be honest, i find any bloke without COD as a hobby attractive...:smile: crack on with the guitar! and boys, get a real hobby ;-) haha x
Original post by jklmn
I think the only way is to go through the pain for a few months untill you develop hard skin. Keep playing when you have blisters.

Thanks for the advice, I know you had the best intentions and I appreciate that. So dont take this the wrong way, but ARE YOU MAD!?! :eek: It does sound very sadistic, and you want me to develop hard skin. Really? I don't think Nivea would approve of this, I've never had to use hand cream in my life and im not starting now.

Also, query whether the increased attractiveness would be negated by the bleeding hands...
Reply 69
Girls prefer bassists. They are better with their fingers :sexface:
i play guitar lol
Playing the guitar is definately attractive, it's wonderful to do and its something a bit different to just realing off your hobbies as football and booze.

My dad is a professional guitar player and he always wanted me to learn (so did I) but somehow I never got over the PAIN in the tips of your fingers. You need to be made of stronger stuff than I am! Ha!

Lol, after you've been playing a while the pain will stop because you'll develop calluses at the tips of your fingers.
It's not the guitar playing that's attractive, it's more the fact he has a skill, like he's good at something.
When my boyfriend plays guitar it's just...:drool:
Original post by no-fat-chicks
Lol, after you've been playing a while the pain will stop because you'll develop calluses at the tips of your fingers.

HOT
If its an attractive man playing the guitar well, then yes :smile: Might be a bit biased though as my boyfriend fits that description...I must say there was something very sexy about seeing him sing and play the guitar with his band (before they disbanded :frown: )
Scroobius Pip
Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls' pants.
Use it to get into their heads.

True that.
Reply 76
I play guitar, so I get a bit competitive, best be good at guitar duels :wink:
Reply 77
Thanks for the advice, I know you had the best intentions and I appreciate that. So dont take this the wrong way, but ARE YOU MAD!?! :eek: It does sound very sadistic, and you want me to develop hard skin. Really? I don't think Nivea would approve of this, I've never had to use hand cream in my life and im not starting now.

Also, query whether the increased attractiveness would be negated by the bleeding hands...

You have to develop hard skin/caluses on your finger tips in order to play. I doubt you'll need to cream, they won't bleed but will be a bit red and sore for a few months.
Reply 78
Original post by jennywat
I play guitar, so I get a bit competitive, best be good at guitar duels :wink:

well, i'd prefer a team effort... but bring it :P
Reply 79
I play the Guitar so hard that...AYE GOT BLISTUHS ON MAHH FINGUHS!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending