The Student Room Group

What are we supposed to take with us?

for the interviews? as in towels and a hairdryer etc. basically anything that isn't clothes or books?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just take anything you would normally use on a 2/3 day trip..
Reply 2
if i go on a two to three day trip it usually mean that i am campimg but i guess that i shouldn't take a tent?
Reply 3
Haha, well, of course you won't need your tent, I'll just be taking stuff to get a shower, towel etc, mp3 player, phone charger, etc, not much stuff really, just things I use every day anyway
Reply 4
Towel. Shampoo/deoderant/shower gel etc. Clothes. Pyjamas. A good book/iPod/whatever.

You don't need bedclothes - duvet cover, etc - unless your college has specifically told you that you do.
Reply 5
Good to see applicants for the best university in the country know how to live for a few days.
Reply 6
Original post by James4d
Good to see applicants for the best university in the country know how to live for a few days.

Interviewees get so highly strung during the interview period they lose all semblance of common sense and logic. I'm pretty sure if I got any worse I would have forgotten how to breathe.
Reply 7
so i am taking it yes to both the hair dryer and towels, they were the ones i was concerned about really. i do know how to live for a few days but i wanted to know if anything like the above list would be provided...
Dont forget your essential toiletries, bring some nice clothes. You may want to go out as well, factor for that.
Reply 9
Original post by Rai
Interviewees get so highly strung during the interview period they lose all semblance of common sense and logic. I'm pretty sure if I got any worse I would have forgotten how to breathe.

This is true. I had my interview outfits all planned out but now the snow means I'll probably be wearing my big tough boots which will look weird with the dresses that I wear for work experience/interviews/academic awards so all my plans have gone skew-whiff which caused me to panic for a bit until I regained my common sense. God, that was a long sentence. Anyways, the point is to maintain some sort of perspective, there's no point obsessing over details.
Reply 10
Original post by riotgrrl
This is true. I had my interview outfits all planned out but now the snow means I'll probably be wearing my big tough boots which will look weird with the dresses that I wear for work experience/interviews/academic awards so all my plans have gone skew-whiff which caused me to panic for a bit until I regained my common sense. God, that was a long sentence. Anyways, the point is to maintain some sort of perspective, there's no point obsessing over details.

Oxford is the one place in the UK (it seems) where there is hardly any snow at all - some lawns still have a bit but all the pavements are clear and dry. You shouldn't need to worry too much.
Reply 11
thank you for this thread!

I believe i am bringing a lot of books... other than that, smart clothes and as many layers as possible! toiletries, hair dryer if it will fit, towel i suppose, pyjamas and a paper bag to ventilate into...
Reply 12
Are we likely to have shared bathrooms?
Reply 13
Original post by EdmundB
Oxford is the one place in the UK (it seems) where there is hardly any snow at all - some lawns still have a bit but all the pavements are clear and dry. You shouldn't need to worry too much.

Yay!
The happiness this comment caused me might suggest I don't have so much "perspective" after all :redface:
Reply 14
Original post by Noodlzzz

Very possible.
Original post by Lumi Nous
thank you for this thread!

I believe i am bringing a lot of books... other than that, smart clothes and as many layers as possible! toiletries, hair dryer if it will fit, towel i suppose, pyjamas and a paper bag to ventilate into...

definitely a paper bag to ventilate into! :biggrin:

Original post by Noodlzzz

Depends on your college I suppose? but I reckon we're gonna be staying in the rooms current students usually live in, right?
Reply 16
I'm taking a crateful of condoms :love:
Reply 17
Original post by Lord Nice
I'm taking a crateful of condoms :love:

Damn you, beat me to it! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by D.R.E
Damn you, beat me to it! :biggrin:

Great (sexually charged) minds think alike :tongue: I don't know what the punani is like at interviews though - will one packet be enough?
Reply 19
Original post by Lord Nice
Great (sexually charged) minds think alike :tongue: I don't know what the punani is like at interviews though - will one packet be enough?

Of course not! We all know high intelligence is a sure sign of a massive sex drive, so you can expect all those Oxford girls to be up for it 24/7!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending