The Student Room Group

What type of 'customer' am I?!

I've just registered for Student Finance (England) and to the question, "Are you registering to:" I selected "Apply for support" rather than "Support an application." What's the difference? There is nothing on the website actually explaining what these terms mean and now I think I've selected the wrong one. Are we even meant to be applying yet (course starting in 2011)? So confused!
Reply 1
Original post by chloeee!
I've just registered for Student Finance (England) and to the question, "Are you registering to:" I selected "Apply for support" rather than "Support an application." What's the difference? There is nothing on the website actually explaining what these terms mean and now I think I've selected the wrong one. Are we even meant to be applying yet (course starting in 2011)? So confused!

No 'Apply for support' is right :smile: I had no idea last year and ended up choosing 'Apply for support and Support and application' ...not even sure what that option is for! I rang up and they said although it was wrong it should be fine and I still ended up getting my money on time :smile:
The 'Support an application' bit is for your parents to fill in
Reply 2
Original post by Hannah.x
No 'Apply for support' is right :smile: I had no idea last year and ended up choosing 'Apply for support and Support and application' ...not even sure what that option is for! I rang up and they said although it was wrong it should be fine and I still ended up getting my money on time :smile:
The 'Support an application' bit is for your parents to fill in

I've clicked 'Update bank details' and it says "You do not have an application for support." What the hell? Have I registered for the 2010/11 year (and have to make calls cancelling etc) or will the 2011/12 thing appear soon?
Reply 3
Original post by chloeee!
I've clicked 'Update bank details' and it says "You do not have an application for support." What the hell? Have I registered for the 2010/11 year (and have to make calls cancelling etc) or will the 2011/12 thing appear soon?

I'm really not sure tbh sorry :/ You might have to ring them up...I can't really remember but I'm sure most people I know waited a lot longer than this before they started applying like at least til around March when they had all their offers but I dunno :s-smilie: Maybe the 2011/12 hasn't been online yet...have they even finalised the amount for fees yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending