The Student Room Group

Nigel Farage: The Euro game is up!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror

to be honest, there are problems with the euro, yes, but trying to be all 'charismatic politician', making pretty speeches criticising those who are trying to make it work with no real solutions is not going to solve anything.

what a colossal ****er nigel farage is.
Reply 21
Original post by joebro
he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror

to be honest, there are problems with the euro, yes, but trying to be all 'charismatic politician', making pretty speeches criticising those who are trying to make it work with no real solutions is not going to solve anything.

what a colossal ****er nigel farage is.

Those "trying to make it work" are self-interested idiots who should listen to their own electorates.

What colossal ****ers most europhiles are.
Reply 22
Original post by Tamora
Those "trying to make it work" are self-interested idiots who should listen to their own electorates.

What colossal ****ers most europhiles are.

but how is nigel farage moaning about it (like he does about everything) going to make anything any better?
Reply 23
Original post by joebro
but how is nigel farage moaning about it (like he does about everything) going to make anything any better?

I suppose it depends on your point of view as to whether he is "moaning" or not, but he cannot make the euro or the EU better, which is why he campaigns on a platform of withdrawal. Allegedly the finest minds in Europe brought about the situation we are now in.

Farage thinks withdrawal would improve the lives of the people of the UK. I agree with him and I have no problem with him in showing his contempt for EU bureaucrats like Van Rompuy and Barroso.
Reply 24
Original post by Tamora
I suppose it depends on your point of view as to whether he is "moaning" or not, but he cannot make the euro or the EU better, which is why he campaigns on a platform of withdrawal. Allegedly the finest minds in Europe brought about the situation we are now in.

Farage thinks withdrawal would improve the lives of the people of the UK. I agree with him and I have no problem with him in showing his contempt for EU bureaucrats like Van Rompuy and Barroso.

if everyone in the EU only thinks about their own economies and not of the whole then it will not work, simply because the organisation is built against those ideals.
Reply 25
Original post by joebro
if everyone in the EU only thinks about their own economies and not of the whole then it will not work, simply because the organisation is built against those ideals.

I'm not as idealistic as you seem to be.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by joebro

But most EU countries DO only think about their own economies
Reply 27
Fiscal Policy being controlled by each country's government.
Monetary Policy being controlled by one government for all.

It isn't going to work unless political unity is present, thus enabling a single fiscal policy too.
Original post by Finchux
Fiscal Policy being controlled by each country's government.
Monetary Policy being controlled by one government for all.

It isn't going to work unless political unity is present, thus enabling a single fiscal policy too.

The monetary policy isn't even controlled by a government, its a central bank which is far less transparent in its activities than the Bank of England is.
lol we don't have a say anyway. nothing farage ever says or does will ever matter. all the main political parties are for EU, so there's no chance of withdrawal or renegotiation no matter what. politics doesn't represent the people in this country - it's not really a democracy - a democracy in name only.
Reply 30
Original post by MagicNMedicine
The monetary policy isn't even controlled by a government, its a central bank which is far less transparent in its activities than the Bank of England is.

Yes you're correct.
Reply 31
Original post by Rancorous
lol we don't have a say anyway. nothing farage ever says or does will ever matter. all the main political parties are for EU, so there's no chance of withdrawal or renegotiation no matter what. politics doesn't represent the people in this country - it's not really a democracy - a democracy in name only.

We'll never have a say if we keep voting in big enough numbers to keep the main political parties the main political parties. That's just apathy. Maybe the party that makes the difference hasn't even been formed yet, but until is I'll make do with UKIP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending