The Student Room Group

Changing course after applying..

Basically I sent off my UCAS form in October as that was the deadline for my school and have so far received 2 offers and 1 rejection. I've applied for Zoologyx2, animal science, animal behaviour and zoo biology. So all similar subjects.

However now I feel veterinary nursing would be a better option for me. Having received and offer from UWE Bristol who have a veterinary nursing science course, how would I switch on to that? Same with Nottingham Trent however I am still waiting to hear from them. Those are my first 2 choices and jsut so happen to be the only uni's I've applied for that do veterinary nursing.

So will I have to wait until I start/accept the offer to switch, or should I let them know now?
Original post by Hiyaaa
Basically I sent off my UCAS form in October as that was the deadline for my school and have so far received 2 offers and 1 rejection. I've applied for Zoologyx2, animal science, animal behaviour and zoo biology. So all similar subjects.

However now I feel veterinary nursing would be a better option for me. Having received and offer from UWE Bristol who have a veterinary nursing science course, how would I switch on to that? Same with Nottingham Trent however I am still waiting to hear from them. Those are my first 2 choices and jsut so happen to be the only uni's I've applied for that do veterinary nursing.

So will I have to wait until I start/accept the offer to switch, or should I let them know now?

Contact them now and ask to be considered for the veterinary nursing science course instead. :smile:
Reply 2
If you wait then you may not be able to switch. SO you'd have to decide whether it's worth that risk - would you be happy doing the original course. If you wait til you get there your only other option would be to drop out.

If you ask now then if they say no you can use [wiki]UCAS_Extra[/wiki] or Clearing and thus you have more options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending