The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Just got an interview at Glasgow for the 13th :smile: Nervous yet looking forward to it.. relishing the opportunity to set things straight after my last interview.
Original post by DanCarter93
Just got an interview at Glasgow for the 13th :smile: Nervous yet looking forward to it.. relishing the opportunity to set things straight after my last interview.

Good luck, mine is the day after.
Reply 382
Original post by DanCarter93

Hey mines on the 13th aswell :biggrin: what time is yours at? Im sooooo nervous and I have and interview for peninsula on the 6th I hope this weather clears up :P
I only got my letter TWO HOURS before my interview time! Phoned and rearranged it for 11th January... Any tips for the interview? What kind of things did they ask?

(UKCAT average 732.5, 2:1 pharmacy degree)
Original post by colgo24
Hey mines on the 13th aswell :biggrin: what time is yours at? Im sooooo nervous and I have and interview for peninsula on the 6th I hope this weather clears up :P

10.30am, I am a bit nervous seeing as though I could really do with an AAB offer & Glasgow's probably the best I've applied to given the quality of the med school & it's entry requirements but it's my second interview, hoping to do better this time. Good luck at Peninsula, & yeah, me too. Hope both your interviews go well :smile:
Reply 385
Don't you hate getting different information depending on who you talk to? I just phoned Glasgow admissions to ask if it would be March before we find out the outcome of interviews. She said that no-one would find out until March and that all the people last year on TSR that claimed to have been offered a place in January are lying!!
Reply 386
my interview should have been right now! But i'm snowed in! Phoned and they said they'd email me asap with a new date! Can't relax now until i know it's been sorted, stupid snow!
Original post by AuldYin
Don't you hate getting different information depending on who you talk to? I just phoned Glasgow admissions to ask if it would be March before we find out the outcome of interviews. She said that no-one would find out until March and that all the people last year on TSR that claimed to have been offered a place in January are lying!!

Or their policy has changed since last year and they now wait until all interviews are conducted to make final decisions?

Or those people who got a place were graduate applicants, who they have a specific quota to fill and therefore know the outcome of much sooner?

Or those people were international applicants, (see above).

The point is, don't jump the gun and just call everyone a liar. It can backfire pretty quickly.
Reply 388
Original post by TwilightKnight
Or their policy has changed since last year and they now wait until all interviews are conducted to make final decisions?

Or those people who got a place were graduate applicants, who they have a specific quota to fill and therefore know the outcome of much sooner?

Or those people were international applicants, (see above).

The point is, don't jump the gun and just call everyone a liar. It can backfire pretty quickly.

I'm not calling anyone a liar the woman at admissions did! She said that their policy has definitely not changed since last year and that it applied to everyone no matter what your situation.

My point wasn't to call anyone on this site a liar (though we know it is fraught with people who just like causing trouble and picking fights) but that depending on who you talk to on the "official" end of things you can get a different story.

I'm a graduate entry btw and am not waiting for any results that's why I was asking her if i would find out before March.
Original post by AuldYin
I'm not calling anyone a liar the woman at admissions did! She said that their policy has definitely not changed since last year and that it applied to everyone no matter what your situation.

My point wasn't to call anyone on this site a liar (though we know it is fraught with people who just like causing trouble and picking fights) but that depending on who you talk to on the "official" end of things you can get a different story.

I'm a graduate entry btw and am not waiting for any results that's why I was asking her if i would find out before March.

Fair enough then.

And I wasn't denying that there are liars and trolls on here. There certainly are, but there are often cases of people getting early offers etc. If she flat out said that nobody ever gets an offer before March, then I guess that isn't the case.
Reply 390

Fair enough then.

And I wasn't denying that there are liars and trolls on here. There certainly are, but there are often cases of people getting early offers etc. If she flat out said that nobody ever gets an offer before March, then I guess that isn't the case.

I'm just hoping that she's talking crap and that I don't have to endure the misery of not knowing for more than 3 months :smile:
Reply 391
Interview rescheduled for the 24th Jan! :smile:
Original post by ACW123
Interview rescheduled for the 24th Jan! :smile:

Cool. Good luck. I'm hoping the snow clears before the 14th Dec! :wink:
Reply 393
Original post by sweetchilli
Cool. Good luck. I'm hoping the snow clears before the 14th Dec! :wink:

I'm sure it will do! :smile: are you from scotland? I stay in a very rural area outside Edinburgh, was being optimistic thinking i was getting anywhere near glasgow today! haha!
Original post by ACW123
I'm sure it will do! :smile: are you from scotland? I stay in a very rural area outside Edinburgh, was being optimistic thinking i was getting anywhere near glasgow today! haha!

Hi

Yes, from Glasgow originally but live in Larbert at the mo. Pretty bad here but managed to get car out yesterday (with help of 3 neighbours) to get to Asda. :wink:
Reply 395
It seems everyone here is a graduate
is anyone else with interview 17/18 y/o 6th form and bricking it as well? :/
Original post by Shegg
It seems everyone here is a graduate
is anyone else with interview 17/18 y/o 6th form and bricking it as well? :/

Original post by chemistrygod2315
Im 17. Roll on my interview! 8 days to go!!!

17. 6 days to go. :O
Reply 397
How long does Glasgow normally take to reply emails? I emailed them on Thursday and I still haven't gotten a reply.

( @dmz I didn't call them in the end D: )
Reply 398
Original post by laurencebaker1
17. 6 days to go. :O

good luck !
Reply 399
Just got an interview letter :biggrin:. I have to wait til the 28th of February though! Still pretty chuffed...

Quick Reply

Latest