The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by ystam1
Has anyone received any offers from Surrey, SOAS, Liverpool, Birmingham and Nottingham?
I know Notts might be waiting till the deadline in January... but SOAS hasn't even sent me a "Thank you for applying to SOAS" e-mail. :/
Kind of worried really...

I have! I recieved an offer from Liverpool for AAA to study law.
Also invited to go to a Law school open day there.
I wouldn't worry about it though, there seems to be a lof of offers coming in today so finger's crossed!:smile:
Reply 581
University: Aberystwyth
Offer: 280 points and Welsh Bacc
UCAS sent: 17th November
Offer received: 24th November

University: Reading
Offer: AB and Welsh Bacc
Offer received: 1st December

University: Surrey
Offer: ABB
Offer received: 1st December
Reply 582
Hi =]
This is my first ever post!

GCSE's 8 A*s and 2As
AS levels AAAAD in Maths, Chemistry, Art, General Studies and English Literature (got an A in my coursework then the whole class got a U in the exam, which was remarked to E, the joys)
A2 targets A*AA*A*A
UCAS sent 4th October

Applications
Leeds
Law offer AAA (20/10)
Accounting and Law offer AAB (26/10)

Newcastle
Law offer AAA (10/11 but got a letter a week earlier)

Oxford
Rejected before interview

Nottingham
Pending (probably a rejection, looks like my LNAT went as well as I thought but it's my least favourite)
Original post by nataliecly
Another anxious applicant here :s-smilie:
They said theyd take 6-8 weeks to reply, does that mean i will definitely hear from them in 2 months?
I sent my UCAS way back in 14th Oct :frown:

hmmm... i can't believe you've waited so long! I only waited 3 weeks before QM gave me an offer and I'm only predicted 3As!

It's a good thing you're waiting though. They reject immediately if they don't like the look of your application.. so good luck :biggrin:
Anyone going to the queen mary open day wednesday the 8th Dec?
Original post by h.marie-xo
hmmm... i can't believe you've waited so long! I only waited 3 weeks before QM gave me an offer and I'm only predicted 3As!

It's a good thing you're waiting though. They reject immediately if they don't like the look of your application.. so good luck :biggrin:

is it because I'm an international applicant?
yet i thought int. applicant shd get an offer before others :s-smilie:
Original post by heffendy
in UK I'm still waiting on King's, LSE, and Oxford. I assume my King's and Oxford app is dead because my LNAT was terrible.
and I'm applying to a couple of schools in the US and Canada,

I've applied to all the UK unis youve mentioned above... and likewise, I feel that my Lnat result was probably the reason for the Oxford rejection(Next up kings maybe), and I'm also waiting on lse and kings to reply.

I really hope I get into LSE though >< aahhh cant stand the wait.
Reply 587
Original post by JH-QC
Wow, well done! When did you do your LNAT? I'm dying to hear from UCL :frown:... (with good news preferably :tongue:)

Did mine on the 21st of Oct. So glad I got it done early, it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience.
Just got my UCL offer :biggrin: woooooooo so happy
Original post by judgejohndeed

Well done on the offer!! Could you tell me what your gcse/As levels/Predictions were please :smile:
Reply 590
I don't think the fact you're mother is a waitress and you're father is a chef really makes you that unfortunate in you're background when you consider what many people have to deal with... I have applied to St Hildas and not heard back yet, and unfortunatly my parents working class status has been the least of my problems, however I would never use my background as an excuse. Sure, you're background does have an effect on how well you do, but ultimatly it is down to you, and someone trying to use their parents working class proffession as a way in is just as bad as some upper class student trying to use their parents connections.
Reply 591
Universities on my UCAS application: Durham, LSE, UCL, Kings and Exeter.

My AS grades are Math (A), Physics (A), Chemstry (A), Biology (A), Chinese (A).

Projected Grades: Math (A*, already secured), Further Math (A*), Physics (A*), Chemistry (A*), Chinese (A*).

Offers Received: Durham (AAA), UCL (AAA), LSE (A*AA), Exeter (AAA)
Waiting: KCL

It's likely that I will pick either Durham or LSE as my firm choice.
Reply 592
Original post by judgejohndeed

ohh well done :smile: what were your grades? I just got a rejection from them :frown:
offer from exeter today, AA in maths and psychology (:
i am a re-applicant and resitting in january.
Reply 594
Offer from Nottingham Trent the other day ABB (four year course)
Offer from Exeter today AAA :biggrin:
Reply 595
European Law (4 years)

University: Warwick
Offer: AAA
UCAS sent: 14th October
Offer received: 2nd December

Brilliant early birthday present and I absolutely LOVE Warwick :biggrin:
Reply 596
Has anyone heard back from Nottingham or Kings yet?
Reply 597
Original post by pepperpocky
I've applied to all the UK unis youve mentioned above... and likewise, I feel that my Lnat result was probably the reason for the Oxford rejection(Next up kings maybe), and I'm also waiting on lse and kings to reply.

I really hope I get into LSE though >< aahhh cant stand the wait.

I'm still waiting on Kings and I don't think my LNAT was any good but I got an offer from LSE a few weeks ago (Y) Hope you heaf back soon!
Reply 598
Original post by nataliecly
is it because I'm an international applicant?
yet i thought int. applicant shd get an offer before others :s-smilie:

I'm an international applicant too and submitted my application on Oct. 15 (I applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, QM). But I haven't heard from any of the them except for Oxford... :s-smilie:
Is this normal or should I call them up to ask for the status of my application?
Reply 599
Original post by dog24
ohh well done :smile: what were your grades? I just got a rejection from them :frown:

If you don't mind me asking, did it say why you were rejected? I really want to go to UCL but I know I messed up on my LNAT.

Latest

Trending

Trending