The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, next question.
Well, you don't date them because you don't find them attractive and not because they're black or chinese, or do you not find them attractive *because* they are black or Chinese?
Reply 3
Original post by Pensivedore
Well, you don't date them because you don't find them attractive and not because they're black or chinese, or do you not find them attractive *because* they are black or Chinese?

this. and are you sayin you are entirely sure you will never find one attractive? surely you don't know that ?
indian are 'alwight' though
Reply 5
I don't date guys. Does that make me a homophobe?
Reply 6

Chinese because 99% of them are too slight and androgynous, bodies of 12 year old boys. Blacks because I don't find them attractive, and because they're black tbh
Reply 7
Tbh I dont see how you can dismiss an entire race? It might just be me... but I've seen attractive people of all colours, race dosent come into it for me, an attractive person is an attractive person regardless of colour, so I don't quite understand your mindset.
Reply 8
You're racist for thinking that it could be racist meaning you're treating them differently.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Do you date Koreans?
Reply 10
No. and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. That's like saying that a straight man is a homophobe because he doesn't date other blokes.
I think it is tiny bit racist to rule out a massive proportion of the world from ever dating you purely because of the colour of their skin.

However you can help having a type and if you do than that's good but theres no need to make feel bad and inadequate about the colour of their skin. I would just keep it to myself if I was you.
Original post by Anonymous

You should capitalise the nouns :wink:
Original post by Sendaii
No. and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. That's like saying that a straight man is a homophobe because he doesn't date other blokes.

A straight man not being attracted to men is completely different to a white man not being attracted to 'black or chinese'. A straight man is not attracted to men because he is not gay so by your logic a white man not being attracted to blacks and chinese is because he is racist.
Yes you are racist. There is no such thing as personal preference that is just sugar coating a racist mindset.

You're an idiot. And I think that you posted Anonymous just to post that proves that you know your post was idiotic.

So... you're seriously going to tell me that there is no such thing as "personal preference" concerning the physical attributes (or otherwise; personality, etc etc ) of members of the sex that you are "into"?
No it's not being racist, it's just a preference. Maybe you should keep it to yourself rather than troll the internet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/30/opinion/30zhuo.html?_r=1&emc=eta1
Original post by Fusion
Do you date Koreans?

Are you Korean? :colone:

This^^
Original post by rugbyladosc
A straight man not being attracted to men is completely different to a white man not being attracted to 'black or chinese'. A straight man is not attracted to men because he is not gay so by your logic a white man not being attracted to blacks and chinese is because he is racist.

No... a straight man is not attracted to other men because he is not gay; it's his preference concerning attraction. Similarly, just because a white male isn't attracted to members of other races it doesn't make him racist; again, it's just his preference.
Reply 19
Chinese because 99% of them are too slight and androgynous, bodies of 12 year old boys. Blacks because I don't find them attractive, and because they're black tbh

Just a tiny bit racist.

Latest