The Student Room Group

Need advice - Gay/Bi Asian Muslim

Scroll to see replies

wait, I'm not trying to be rude or anything but can we try and help the guy without telling him what Allah would or wouldn't do?

He needs to sort himself out first, and I think shouting out religious stuff is NOT going to help at the moment. It would be better if you put religion to one side first.
Original post by TheBlackMonster
wait, I'm not trying to be rude or anything but can we try and help the guy without telling him what Allah would or wouldn't do?

He needs to sort himself out first, and I think shouting out religious stuff is NOT going to help at the moment. It would be better if you put religion to one side first.

A most sensible advice.

The OP has disappeared though, right?
Reply 42

It is going to help. Allah is waiting for his dua.
Reply 43
You are a liar because I reviewed your posts and your responses are found, sometimes you're a Christian and sometimes a Muslim sometimes a girl sometimes guy and sometimes old sometimes boy
Reply 44
Original post by 000015080
Allah puts you through it and Allah will see you through it.

How does Allah choose who to test? What does he have to gain from it?
Reply 45
Original post by Firaila
How does Allah choose who to test? What does he have to gain from it?

Allah tests all. And depending on how we respond results in whether we go to heaven or hell. For all Muslim life is a test. The eternal Life after death is the one that matters most after passing this test. Allah puts us in situations which we couldnt dream of but it is all to improve our belief in Allah and show what good servants of the Almighty we are.
Original post by Anonymous

Original post by Anonymous
Right, if you are going to post either personal attacks, then don't bother. Basically, I need some advice.

I'm currently 17 - I'm of Southern Asian ethnicity and a Muslim. I follow my religion and I am vaguely aware of what my religion says about homosexuality. Now...I never chose to be gay, I know being homosexual is in my nature. I realised this several years ago when I started getting turned on by boys around me and stuff, girls never used to rarely turn me on. This leads me onto whether I am bisexual or not.

Now, I really want to get this off my chest. But I can't. Outing my self to my parents is 100% not viable. I'd be disowned, thrown out, probarbly shipped off to Asia to get married etc etc, you know the drill. The majority of my friends are also young Asian Muslim males - most of which see homosexuality in a very negative way. I have practically no friends that I could trust with this. I feel like I am living a secret life and it's a daily pressure, I feel like I can't express myself and have to be somebody I am not.

I'm not turned on by older males but Asian males of a similar age to me, which feels wrong - especially as some are my friends. I could never tell them because they'd probarbly kill me or whatever. But I'm not even sure if I am gay. If I see really hot girls, I do not get aroused but idk...

I am thinking of waiting till I start uni then perhaps come out of my shell. Don't get me wrong, I'm not intending on become an in-yer-face homo...

Urgh, this is killing me, I've even contemplated suicide because I feel either way, I can't be myself. What should I do? :ashamed2:

:console:

I'll be your friend. You can be gay. It's okay. You will just have to bear a lot of internal torture, but whatevs.
Reply 47
Allah tests all. And depending on how we respond results in whether we go to heaven or hell. For all Muslim life is a test. The eternal Life after death is the one that matters most after passing this test. Allah puts us in situations which we couldnt dream of but it is all to improve our belief in Allah and show what good servants of the Almighty we are.

Seems kind of vindictive no?
Egotistical even?

Creating a planet, a species then demanding their servitude.
Reply 48
Original post by Firaila
Egotistical even?

Unless you are Muslim , your opinion is bound to differ to mine, we Muslims were placed on this earth to be khalifahs and obey the orders of Allah.
Original post by TheSocialScientist
A most sensible advice.

The OP has disappeared though, right?

I think he has, I just hope he's not listening to the stupid people in this topic and making himself feel bad for something that's not even his fault.

he's always free to PM me...
Original post by Firaila
Egotistical even?

I'm afraid that your questions, though very reasonable and just right, won't trigger anything else but another boring lecture on Allah.

No offense meant but ... religion is a damn boring business, seriously.
I think he has, I just hope he's not listening to the stupid people in this topic and making himself feel bad for something that's not even his fault.

he's always free to PM me...

And I just hope no fanatical moron did something to him.
http://www.imaan.org.uk/about/about.htm < support group for LGBT Muslims. The best thing for you is to, firstly, know that you are not alone, and secondly, talk to others in your situation. Then take it from there.

I hope whatever happens it works out for you and you have a happy life.
Unless you are Muslim , your opinion is bound to differ to mine, we Muslims were placed on this earth to be khalifahs and obey the orders of Allah.

Who said this? Can he prove it? Can you prove it? Whatever I'm wasting my time, but really, I grew up in Italy and here the Church is powerful and I got sick of hearing people repeating by heart what's written in some book.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 54
Who said this? Can he prove it? Can you prove it? Whatever I'm wasting my time, but really, I grew up in Italy and here the Church is powerful and I got sick of hearing people repeating by heart what's written in some book.

Wtf u onna bwt? Its all written in the Quraan which is the true "unchanged" book of Allah.
Wtf u onna bwt? Its all written in the Quraan which is the true "unchanged" book of Allah.

No need to get upset, try to match my and others' politeness when answering, if you please.

This discussion is going very bad.

PS. I respect your faith, but if you want to talk about it with me don't expect me to agree because I won't. In my opinion, blind faith is reason's worst enemy.
(edited 13 years ago)
And I just hope no fanatical moron did something to him.

or even that he didn't do anything stupid thanks to the stupidity in this thread :frown:
Reply 57
I'd like to add, I actually knew a gay Muslim who had Jordanian ethnicity.

At least, I think he was gay, does a male wearing colourful scarves, makeup and tight v-necked shirts make them gay?

That's stereotyping though.

Hmm...
or even that he didn't do anything stupid thanks to the stupidity in this thread :frown:

Not surprisingly, religious fanatism and stupidity go hand in hand.
Not surprisingly, religious fanatism and stupidity go hand in hand.

and I guess it's even worse when it comes down to issues of homosexuality

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending