The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Sendaii
Did he actually say that he hated them though? No. He said that he isn't attracted to Chinese girls because, in his words, "99% of them are too slight and androgynous."

Not being attracted and hating at two totally different things, stop trying to tar them both with the same brush.

Exactly. If he said "I would never ever date girls with big boobs or fake boobs I prefer petite girls" then noone would of looked twice. Why is this different?

People would stil say don't write off all of them because of that but noone would be saying he was implying hatred towards them or something, but when race is involved its racist?
Reply 41
Original post by rugbyladosc
Did you actually just say that?

Ah I forgot the massively over PC environment I'm in. I'll explain.

Stastistically IQ varies with race. Yes I recognise that IQ is merely one way of measuring intelligence. Yes I recognise that it is on averages so I'm not implying a random person off the street is more intelligent than another based on their race. Yes the reason(s) are unknown

But its still there. It is fact. Bringing it up in this culture brands you immediatly a racist and everyone jumps all over it as you've just proved.
Reply 42
I mean let's be serious for one minute. Not even mixed race black girls? Damn son, they're fit as ****.
Reply 43
Sendaii
Not being attracted and hating at two totally different things, stop trying to tar them both with the same brush.

In this case it can be assumed that he hates them as I don't imagine girls being described as a 12 year old boys as a positive trait. Something which you conveniently omitted.

I think you find it a common occurence that people will blindly generalise a group of people derogatively if they hate said group of people.

I don't like it, but I find it important to clarify the distinction between racism and xenophobia as people are all too eager to mix them up and exacerbate the situation.
(edited 13 years ago)
To rule someone out PURELY because of their race is definitely racist as it would be to rule out a black person of a job PURELY because of their race. I do agree with you about the preference thing but not all black and chinese women look the same so the idea of ruling out 2.45 billion women does seem racist. I think that having a preference is a much more socially exceptable type of racism but it is nevertheless racist to not include someone in something, albeit a job or a 'type' of person to date just because of the colour of their skin.

I know you mean well but then I often think people who start these threads are trolls who get their kicks from the responses they receive. I often wonder if ignoring them is the best option?

It's just that these race threads annoy me so much because 9 times out of 10, the OP is just looking to get reaction from people. I think responding and trying to reason with them just feeds into the whole thing and gives them what they want.

Remember, there's no reasoning with a troll, the same way one can never reason with an extremist.
Original post by insoms
Ah I forgot the massively over PC environment I'm in. I'll explain.

Stastistically IQ varies with race. Yes I recognise that IQ is merely one way of measuring intelligence. Yes I recognise that it is on averages so I'm not implying a random person off the street is more intelligent than another based on their race. Yes the reason(s) are unknown

But its still there. It is fact. Bringing it up in this culture brands you immediatly a racist and everyone jumps all over it as you've just proved.

I have not proved anything

saying race determines intelligence is incredibly racist, rude, offensive and disrespectful. I suggest you take that back before you cause any more damage, or in the interest of global warming because you're chatting so much hot air.
No, not at all. I'm white and I've never found anyone non-white sexually attractive, but that doesn't make me racist at all. But then again, I've never really met many non-whites as my area is full of whites. I have one Indian friend who lives near me and a Chinese friend who doesn't live in my area at all. Maybe I could be attracted to someone outside my own race, but I've just never had the chance to meet anyone...

My brother however has a huge thing for Japanese girls (despite not knowing any personally)! And I have to say, some asian girls are breathtaking!
well if you don't like some types of ppl then you don't like them. simples :P
Before the TSR Communist Society joins the thread, no it's not racist, it's an opinion, a personal preference. Racism would imply an attack/insult directed at someone - preferring not to date someone does not constitute racism.
Original post by babygirl110
I know you mean well but then I often think people who start these threads are trolls who get their kicks from the responses they receive. I often wonder if ignoring them is the best option?

It's just that these race threads annoy me so much because 9 times out of 10, the OP is just looking to get reaction from people. I think responding and trying to reason with them just feeds into the whole thing and gives them what they want.

Remember, there's no reasoning with a troll, the same way one can never reason with an extremist.

Yeah fair play I agree. But I can see how the issue can be seen as racist but also not racist and it is just preference and we can't help that so are we born with racism built in to us, or is it society that is corrupting our views on attraction to different races?

Some idiot just said IQ is determined by your race. I dont even think he is a :troll2:
Nah, it doesn't make you racist. You just aren't attracted to black or chinese people... It isn't as if you want to go around hating against them or anything just because of their ethnicity.
Reply 51
i do not date fat people therefore i believe fat people to be inferior yes it sounds about right
Reply 52
It's a preference.
Reply 53
Yeah fair play I agree. But I can see how the issue can be seen as racist but also not racist and it is just preference and we can't help that so are we born with racism built in to us, or is it society that is corrupting our views on attraction to different races?

Some idiot just said IQ is determined by your race. I dont even think he is a :troll2:

technically white people have higher average IQs than black people but it is determined by genetics

saying race determines intelligence is incredibly racist, rude, offensive and disrespectful. I suggest you take that back before you cause any more damage, or in the interest of global warming because you're chatting so much hot air.

If you actaully researched what he just said, you would understand he is correct.... I remember it on a TV documentary called Nature vs Nurture, and quoting it vaguely: "East Asians (probably Asian American) have an average IQ of 103, Westerners (Ambigious much) have an average IQ of 100, and Africans have an average IQ of 97."

By the way, I am all for nurture and a hard work ethic.

"Asian-Americans are about 4 percent of the U.S population and about 12 percent of the California Population..... they account for around 40% of UC Berkeley"

Edit before rage: ON AVERAGE, if you don't like it, blame the sources.
(edited 13 years ago)
Well considering black and chinese people have distinctive appearance, I think it's totally acceptable to not find their features attractive. Different people like different features and are attracted to different things.

If however you won't date them solely because of the fact that they are black or chinese, it's racist.

Like for example if you like Beyonce and find her attractive but refuse to date her because she's black, now that's racist. Never dismiss any race/nationality though, every one has their fair share of stunningly good looking people :smile:
Original post by Awesomesauce
If you actaully researched what he just said, you would understand he is correct.... I remember it on a TV documentary called Nature vs Nurture, and quoting it vaguely: "East Asians (probably Asian American) have an average IQ of 103, Westerners (Ambigious much) have an average IQ of 100, and Africans have an average IQ of 97."

By the way, I am all for nurture and a hard work ethic.

"Asian-Americans are about 4 percent of the U.S population and about 12 percent of the California Population..... they account for around 40% of UC Berkeley"

Must be 100% reliable
Original post by Jacktri
technically white people have higher average IQs than black people but it is determined by genetics

Technically? You mean according to you? :wink: What a ridiculous notion. IQ differences between races have been proven to be as non-existant as IQ differences between people with different hair colours.

OP: no its not racist. I am not attracted to black men, fat people, and OAPs. That doesn't mean I think all those types of people deserve to be treated like crap, I just don't want to date them. Simple. :smile:
Reply 58

Statistically there is a difference. Now we can either look for the reasons to this and talk about why, or quickly brush it under the carpet incase we offend someone. I see you've made your choice.
:lolwut:

Why would you ask someone whether or not you're racist?
Surely you should just know yourself.

Or is this another [insert any race here] are ugly thread in disguise :colonhash:.

Latest

Trending

Trending