The Student Room Group

Never Had Sex Before - Please Help

Okay,

SO me and my boyfriend have been going out for 1 and a half years now and we never had sex because I told him I wasn't ready and he said it's okay with him and that he'd wait for me.

And I am wanting some good advice from you lot because my friends are seriously immature and they have had sex, heaven knows how many times, so they take it casually but I find it more important and I don't know what to do.

Because I feel like I made him wait long enough, and what if he gets bored of me?

Please help
xx

Scroll to see replies

Youre a girl, say youre ready, then lie on your back with your legs open.
Reply 2
First , your friends having sex =/= them being immature.

A year and a half is a very long time to wait for anyone ( if its non-religious reasons )

Do you not get turned on by hour boyfriend?
If you dont, maybe try something new with him, or maybe you just dont feel as strongly about him as u think?
Reply 3
'Going out' for 1 and a half years and no sex? Why???????? How old are you? Are you religious? Celibate? Got hang ups about sex?

If there's no sex, it's just a platonic friendship. Seriously, 'going out' for one and a half years with no sex is just ****ing weird. You're either stringing the guy along and using him for favours etc, but not putting out....or you're just really really naive and young.

Your 'boyfriend' (if you can call him that) is a chump for sticking around for 1.5 years with a girl who wouldn't give him sex. And you're just as bad.

Might as well just be 'platonic friends' if you're not going to do anything sexually. Don't you get ANY sexual urges AT ALL??? Wtf????

Sorry, but I've got to tell it like it is. Your situation is just plain ridiculous.

My advice is to get over your hang-ups about sex and just ****ing do the deed!!!!! Or just break up with your 'boyfriend' and don't bother wasting each others' time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Like a virgin
Touched for the very first time
Like a virgin
When your heart beats
Next to mine

:ahee:
Go at your own pace
Reply 6
... Oh wow, is that what it looks like from the outside ;; that I am stringing him along.

And when I say my friends are immature not because they have had sex so many times but the way in which they answer my questions a bit too casually when I need proper advice.

And I feel like I am ready ... So should I just go for it?
And if I ask him to go slowly, will he listen?

- by the way I am 16 , Just so you know.
I'm like this too and its a completely unreligious thing. I dunno what it is, I just feel I'm too young/innocent/immature
Reply 8
How old are you????? just answer this question and you will get much better advices...:wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Okay,

SO me and my boyfriend have been going out for 1 and a half years now and we never had sex because I told him I wasn't ready and he said it's okay with him and that he'd wait for me.

And I am wanting some good advice from you lot because my friends are seriously immature and they have had sex, heaven knows how many times, so they take it casually but I find it more important and I don't know what to do.

Because I feel like I made him wait long enough, and what if he gets bored of me?

Please help
xx

How old are you? Its unusual if your 18+ to make a man wait this long but if you aren't ready you shouldn't be forced. Maybe ease yourself into sexual things and don't just dive right into having sex. If its important to you and hes respected that and waited, then hes a good catch and shouldn't 'get bored' of you. If you're worried about it then speak to him about it, communication is key :smile:
Seriously, just do it. Once you've tried it for the first time you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. You're still the same person after you've lost your virginity, it's not like anything changes (except maybe the state of your Hymen).
... Oh wow, is that what it looks like from the outside ;; that I am stringing him along.

And when I say my friends are immature not because they have had sex so many times but the way in which they answer my questions a bit too casually when I need proper advice.

Hun, don't feel your stringing people along - these people are just niave enough (or ignorant) to think you can't have a sexual relationship without having full intercourse.

and I think it is important that you don't until you are ready. I didn't feel ready at 16 and I waited a long time before having sex for the first time though did feel (I think) ok with handjobs and the like
I'm like this too and its a completely unreligious thing. I dunno what it is, I just feel I'm too young/innocent/immature

I was like this too. And I didn't feel ready until I was 18. Balls to what anyone else thinks, its your decision and its you that lives with it, so do what you think is right.
Reply 13
I am 16 years old.

And me and my boyfriend have done other intimate things other than sex because he said he'd wait for me if I wasn't ready. And I respect him for that because most of my other relationships ended because the guys got bored and left :/

But I feel like I shouldn't make him wait any longer, and me and him always confront each other about our problems but I just wanted to consult it with someone else you know.
Reply 14
Have sex with him because YOU want to, not because he has for a while.
Reply 15
Everyone asking why she has waited so long, OP said in the post, she wasnt ready, isn't that good enough?
If he loves you enough he will wait, sex is good but it isnt everything! When you do feel ready, just prepare to relax, nothing will work if your not relaxed enough, also if your nervous, dont plan a specific day for it to happen, that way you wont be working yourself up to that day and you may not be able to relax, let it be spontaneous =]
I know it sounds cliche but you'll know when you're ready :smile: and don't listen to all these other people saying its long to wait... for christ sake you're only just legal!!!

When the time does come it won't be magical sorry to say, but you will feel a much better connection with the other half and it will get miles better!! I waited nearly a year until I was late 16 and I'm still with the guy now 3 years on! If he's worth it he'll wait!
Reply 17
I am 16 years old.

And me and my boyfriend have done other intimate things other than sex because he said he'd wait for me if I wasn't ready. And I respect him for that because most of my other relationships ended because the guys got bored and left :/

But I feel like I shouldn't make him wait any longer, and me and him always confront each other about our problems but I just wanted to consult it with someone else you know.

Do you want sex?

on a side note: I really don't see why people put vaginal penetration on such a high pedestal

if you're ready to give him a blowjob, have him finger you, etc .. I don't see why it's any different mentally rather than just building up to be something more than it is.
Reply 18
Original post by Soph1990
Everyone asking why she has waited so long, OP said in the post, she wasnt ready, isn't that good enough?
If he loves you enough he will wait, sex is good but it isnt everything! When you do feel ready, just prepare to relax, nothing will work if your not relaxed enough, also if your nervous, dont plan a specific day for it to happen, that way you wont be working yourself up to that day and you may not be able to relax, let it be spontaneous =]

I think he has waited long enough for me though :/
My past relationships always ended badly because none of the guys wanted to wait and then they got bored :/

... Okay so I shouldn't plan it then, so the day when I feel ready it'll just happen right? And I won't feel so nervous or tense about it?

If he's been going out for 1 and a half years, he's probably trustworthy :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending