The Student Room Group

If your boyfriend's bedroom was like this, would you mind?

If he had lots of books, with 90%+ of them on things such as body language, mind control, psychology, persuasion, influence, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), self development, power, social biology and similar topics.

If the guy hadn't mentioned stuff like this, How would you feel and react etc?

Thanks for any help.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

boots on Neuro Linguistic Programming?

where do you get them?
Reply 2
What the?
Reply 3
do you mean books?

and if so I would ask about them, but jsut assume he's into psychology?
Reply 4
.....wtf?
Reply 5
Well, I'd definitely be worried if my significant other had boots of mind control.
Although, I'd be worried more if he got the gloves of lust. They'll turn you into a nympho, they will!
I would question if I really knew the 'real him' at all.
Assume its books, and yes its creepy
Presuming you mean books, but yeah like someone else said I would just think you were into psychology, but tbh I honestly wouldn't think about it much, more a glance at them, maybe a flick through but not thinking 'omg what's with the books...'
(edited 13 years ago)
Boots?
Sounds like something from World of Warcraft.

"I've found the mighty "Boots of Mind Control!", cower before my neurological might! "
I'd think.... "are you doing a psychology degree? Or...planning to...or have done one in the past and kept a good deal of reading materials? Or...is it just a big interest of yours?"

Imagine him analysing every little thing about you, every little thing you do, all your subconscious movements, how you smile, when, for how long?...everything, like an experiment...

(the above is sort of eerie...)
Reply 12
are you sure he's not doing some sort of degree?
i've seen at least 3 threads started by anonymous - probably you - on this subject.

please, please, please shut up and move into a cave - because no girl wants you or if she does she looks like godzilla.
Ansewring the same question for a girlfriend, I wouldn't be bothered at all, I think it is a good thing if people are trying to improve themselves. Although I would think it is a bit weird for not attempting to hide them.
If he's doing a psychology degree it's fine :P Infact even if he isn't- so what?! Everyone has an interest!
I'd like it, it shows he has interests.
If he's genuinely just interested in psychology, then fine. I'm interested in that too. But if there was any suggestion that he was only reading them in order to try and manipulate others (and trying to keep it a secret certainly suggests it), then I would find it either creepy, or a bit sad that he thinks he needs to go that far.
I wouldn't mind.

Why would it be an issue to begin with anyway? :s-smilie:
Check under his mattress for a Ouija board :colone:

Quick Reply