The Student Room Group

Have Your Degree Choices Changed Since Year 11 to Now?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by sango
Oh really :colone:

Who was your partner?

paha errr sam driver
Actually you know what it hasnt. I think I chose my a-levels wanting to go into healthcare and did consider doing nursing- and almost did a health and social care a-level but decided against it (why I do not know as it'd have been really useful!). I went through different decisions through sixth form- but here i am!
Reply 102
Original post by theths
paha errr sam driver

Lol poor you. Nah I'm joking , he's a cool guy :tongue:
i had no intentions of going to university when i was in year 11
Reply 104
Original post by sango
Lol poor you. Nah I'm joking , he's a cool guy :tongue:

haha woo
did you do it/who was your partner :biggrin:?
Reply 105
Original post by theths
haha woo
did you do it/who was your partner :biggrin:?

Yeah I did it. My partner was Alice Victor. She was fantastic whereas I was a gibbering wreck! :tongue:
Reply 106
I wanted to do Speech Therapy in year 11.
Now I'm applying for Classical Civilisation, haha.
So yeah, different. xD
Reply 107
Original post by sango
Yeah I did it. My partner was Alice Victor. She was fantastic whereas I was a gibbering wreck! :tongue:

:redface: alice is my homegirrrlll
i'll tell her you said that, she'll probably disagree :smile: (also I think I know who you are now, how creepy and stalkerish of me).
Reply 108
I wanted to take Architecture back in year 11 but I read Computer Science now.
Reply 109
Original post by theths
:redface: alice is my homegirrrlll
i'll tell her you said that, she'll probably disagree :smile: (also I think I know who you are now, how creepy and stalkerish of me).

Haha :tongue: Believe me, she was good.
Reply 110
Original post by sango
Haha :tongue: Believe me, she was good.

i just saw your sig and you have some amaaazing offers (34 for nottingham, wtf?), well done :biggrin:
so yeah, stop being modest. what was your presentation on?
Reply 111
Original post by theths
i just saw your sig and you have some amaaazing offers (34 for nottingham, wtf?), well done :biggrin:
so yeah, stop being modest. what was your presentation on?

Haha thanks but at least you have an Cambridge interview :frown:

My presentation was on "The Role of Women in Victorian Literature". You?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 112
Medicine/Law/Forensic Science
Forensic Science
Law
History
Philosophy
History+Geography
PPE

I've now applied for History through UCAS, however I'm really interested in Software Engineering haha...
Law to History to History & Politics to Politics to Politics & IR to PPE to Classical Civilisation (don't know what was happening in my head then) before deciding on Politics. Again. I have a fickle mind okay! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 114
Original post by sango
Haha thanks but at least you have an Oxford interview :frown:

My presentation was on "The Role of Women in Victorian Literature". You?

It's not like i'll actually get in, I haven't read the books on my personal statement yet!

it was "why we need poor people for the health of the economy". it was...interesting.
I wanted to do Geography, then realised I hated it and it was destroying my soul and now I do Linguistics.
I went to a school that never really bothered with teaching us about the correct A-Levels for the correct university course, or even gave us any HE awareness tbh.

I failed my first year of AS, took a year out to get things back together (my life was going woefully off-track) and reapplied to another college to do sociology, psychology and english. I enjoyed AS sociology so much that I decided it is the subject I want to take to degree level, and since I've wanted to teach for quite a while, I thought studying education would be very appropriate for me, especially when applying for competitive PGCE courses.

So there.
Reply 117
From Law to Economics.
Reply 118
Original post by theths
It's not like i'll actually get in, I haven't read the books on my personal statement yet!

it was "why we need poor people for the health of the economy". it was...interesting.

Lol I bet that went down like a lead balloon :tongue:
Reply 119
Original post by sango
Lol I bet that went down like a lead balloon :tongue:

yeahh, this one boy was like "i'm confused...are you saying that blatant capitalism is...good?"
everyone else got really indignant about the welfare system and ed milliband's "living wage".
it was nice to take a different perspective though and just try and argue it out. like thatcher. woooo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending