The Student Room Group

Faceyb girl - UPDATE!!

A select few of you might remember this thread I made yesterday, basically outlining how I want to ask a girl out whom I've only met once, lives 12 miles away and have added on Facebook.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1480167

There has been an update. So basically I already have her number as it's on her profile, so I took it but haven't text her. Then just a few minutes ago, I decided to ask her for her number on Facebook chat, in order that I didn't seem desperate by actively clicking on her profile and taking the number. I say "can I have your number please?". Then she signs out. So now I'm left thinking FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU so I thought I'd make a thread to see if you have any advice :smile:

Any edvice is appreciated :smile:

Also, a special heads up to

py0alb

as he's been helpful to me in every thread I've made so far!
Reply 1
really? you needed advice for this? just wait.
Reply 2
Don't take 12miles as much xD my ex and I were 200 miles and we travelled most weekends at the age of 15/16 :P

Not much you can do, fb chat is RUBBISH so don't think she just ran away. Did you even start a convo or just go straight for "can i have ur number?" If its the latter then its a bit stupid :P
Did you at least say "hi" first?
Reply 4
Original post by ste0731
Don't take 12miles as much xD my ex and I were 200 miles and we travelled most weekends at the age of 15/16 :P

Not much you can do, fb chat is RUBBISH so don't think she just ran away. Did you even start a convo or just go straight for "can i have ur number?" If its the latter then its a bit stupid :P

Original post by JohnnytheFox
Did you at least say "hi" first?

Yes of course I started a conversation :p: We were talking about our respective schools being off due to the snow then I asked. Then she signed out and I'm left not knowing what to think :holmes:
Reply 5
Who leaves their phone number on Facebook??
Reply 6
she might have gotten a bit confused and needed 2 think bout it b4 givin u an answer right that min.
it might b a good idea 2 talk online a bit more 1st, then speak on the phone or text. that way u know each other a bit more.
hope this helps.x
Reply 7
Original post by Bananas01
Yes of course I started a conversation :p: We were talking about our respective schools being off due to the snow then I asked. Then she signed out and I'm left not knowing what to think :holmes:

You could have at least tried to integrate it into the conversation.
Reply 8
Original post by ussumane

Desperate slags.
OP might be in luck!
This reminds me of:

Reply 10

Exactly what I thought. I'd never do it, but she seems nice enough :p:
Reply 11
Ok, she came back on and gave me her number. Which kinda makes this thread a bit of a fail. But oh well.

You can give me advice on where to go from here than, might as well utilize this thread for something!
Reply 12
mmm ring her on her mobile at a decent hour?

or call now and say "want sexy time?"
Reply 13
sorry i dont know....

omg your sig:eek:
Reply 15
duuuuuude

that's all i have to say here
Reply 16
Original post by Casshern1456
omg your sig:eek:

Japan, the land that will mindf**k you :wink:

Quick Reply