The Student Room Group

Can girls do banter?

New to the forum so I'm not entirely sure if this sensitive subject has already been discussed but I don't think it's possible for girls to understand banter, let alone use it themselves.

Surely I'm not alone in thinking so, girls, feel free to "prove me wrong"

Scroll to see replies

Some girls have no balls, yes, but we do engage in banter!

I'll have you know the best banter is mixed sex banter :yep: and i do agree that male banter is more liberal and easier to enjoy, but females do exist who successfully partake in banterment. The only issue is the heavy hint of misogyny and LADish behaviour which is often tied to said banter.

You obviously do not keep very interesting male company.
(edited 13 years ago)
girls find it impossible to make the noise of "a machine gun too"
Reply 3
I'll have you know all of my friends are female and not one of them is what i would deem to be banterous. I sit at home day after day crying out for a male friend to partake in activities of a banterous nature...
Reply 4
Girls cannot do bant IMO, Shaun I will be your pal
Reply 5
Some/most girls are horrendously bad at banter, there are some that are good craic though
Reply 6
The difference is: female banter extends to other than quoting Family Guy and farting in each others faces, unlike their male counterparts. Otherwise known as 'manter'.

BOOM! :awesome:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by lovely_me
The difference is: female banter extends to other than quoting Family Guy and farting in each others faces, unlike their male counterparts.

BOOM! :awesome:

That reply is, in itself, a poor attempt at banter. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by Shaun1h
That reply is, in itself, a poor attempt at banter. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :wink:

An incessant little one aren't you dear?

Is every post supposed to be an attempt at banter? If so, your OP is fecking disgraceful.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by lovely_me
An incessant little one aren't you dear?

Is every post supposed to be an attempt at banter? If so, this is fecking disgraceful.

hahaha, calm down, I just wanted to say BOOOOM plus i couldn't think of anything worthwhile to contribute to the forum as you can probably tell by my other threads...
Reply 10
Original post by ipulledhermione
Some girls have no balls, yes, but we do engage in banter!

I'll have you know the best banter is mixed sex banter :yep: and i do agree that male banter is more liberal and easier to enjoy, but females do exist who successfully partake in banterment. The only issue is the heavy hint of misogyny and LADish behaviour which is often tied to said banter.

You obviously do not keep very interesting male company.

Nah, girls are unable to banter
I'll prove you wrong.... :biggrin:

We enjoy bantering.....but we probably laugh at different things though...

anyway define the term Banter...
Reply 12
Banter about banter is poor banter.

I think most girls take personal remarks too seriously so don't have much banter amongst themselves... banter between men and women is flirty though right?
Certainly; I just feel that men are often better at initiating it.
Reply 14
male banter is so the best!! :biggrin: especially when you drag a woman into it :L
Reply 15
Sorry to stray from the topid, but this reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFjWR7X5dU

I usually banter with my male friends... girls (generally speaking) seem to take things to heart rather quickly. :lolwut:
We're actually incapable of banter...it's a physical ailment, and it's frightening.
Original post by Shaun1h
New to the forum so I'm not entirely sure if this sensitive subject has already been discussed but I don't think it's possible for girls to understand banter, let alone use it themselves.

Surely I'm not alone in thinking so, girls, feel free to "prove me wrong"

Duhh of coursee its possible for girls to do banter usually wayy better than guys so theree youu go!.. well my mates and I do it all the time.. but idk some girls could find it sensitive depending on what you say lol
Reply 18
When the football's on I give as good as I get.
Reply 19
yes we can, the problem is either guys take it too far or think you're flirting with them. :/

Quick Reply

Latest