The Student Room Group

I'm straight.. but I mentally feel gay?

I don't know how to explain this.

Basically, I've just split up with a girl. That's just another matter in itself.

But when I go on nights out with my mates, I really want to kiss another male for some reason. I don't know why.

When I go to the toilet, I always make sure that I look alright in the mirror quickly (as you do) etc. Things like that. My appearance is very normal.

I like getting attention from girls in clubs, but they rarely appeal to me that much these days. I've been told on numerous occaisions that I'm "acting gay" when I've had a few drinks. But surely that's the same with every bloke??

I'm just confused because I really like a girl at the minute, and I'm trying to get with her.

I think I'm losing the plot.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you fantasise over guys?
If you don't know, then we certainly don't.
Reply 3
wtf does that mean?
Reply 4
Read some gay literotica, if you can get off to it start frequenting gay bars.
We can't tell you what you are. It is for you find on your own. Just remember there is nothing wrong with being gay.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
You're gay, fullstop, Next
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know how to explain this.

Basically, I've just split up with a girl. That's just another matter in itself.

But when I go on nights out with my mates, I really want to kiss another male for some reason. I don't know why.

When I go to the toilet, I always make sure that I look alright in the mirror quickly (as you do) etc. Things like that. My appearance is very normal.

I like getting attention from girls in clubs, but they rarely appeal to me that much these days. I've been told on numerous occaisions that I'm "acting gay" when I've had a few drinks. But surely that's the same with every bloke??

I'm just confused because I really like a girl at the minute, and I'm trying to get with her.

I think I'm losing the plot.

So basically, either you are gay or you are bi. I would say bi if you do really like girls.

x
embrace your gayness :biggrin:
Hmm that's not enough info to give any opinion tbh!!
You could be straight gay or bi from that!
Reply 10
You want a girl and you also want guys?

Have you considered that you may be bisexual?
I am straight and feel mentally straight. It's a cruel world.
Don't worry about putting yourself in a category; just do what you want to do as long as you're not hurting anybody, experiment a bit and see where it goes :smile:
so it seems that you might like both sexes. I'm going to invent a word to describe this sort of sexuality, from now on it will be called bisexuality and it will be used across the land!
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous

You are obviously gay then :rolleyes:

Being gay has nothing to do with how you act, just ignore your friends. It is about being attracted to somebody of the same sex, and even then, that does not make you gay.
Reply 15
Original post by `Graham`
You are obviously gay then :rolleyes:

Being gay has nothing to do with how you act, just ignore your friends. It is about being attracted to somebody of the same sex, and even then, that does not make you gay.

I'm not actually attracted to the same sex though.

I love girls, I **** over girls.

But when I've had a few drinks I just suddenly feel like kissing a male for some reason lol..

Maybe it's just because I've recently broke up with my girl and we were out in gaybars quite alot.
If you know you like girls, you're definitely not gay. You are either straight or bi. My assumption is you are bi-curious for now, you have just wondered about it because it is unknown territory to you, and maybe could get it out of your system if you do a lil experimentation and then you will be straight at the end of it.

But really... try and let it flow, you know you like girls so you don't have to change your whole identity, maybe guys are just an option you haven't tried yet and you could have a great future with guys and girls, or maybe not... :smile:
A LOT of guys look at themselves in the mirror, that are straight.
Reply 18
seems like you are probably bi, but its not something to worry about, just experiment a little and find out what you are by yourself rather than asking the student population :smile:
Reply 19
You have HOCD. Google it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending