The Student Room Group

Daily Mail is the most influential newspaper in Britain

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Aj12
Its depressing that the two papers claiming to be the most influential are the Sun and the Daily Mail.

The Dear Deirdre section of the Sun always cracks me up though.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/deidre/699686/Dear-Deidre-Sun-Agony-Aunt.html

It's better if you read it in Michael McIntyre's voice.
Does anyone actually believe the **** that the Daily Mail spew across Britain?
Most influential in terms of who gets voted out of x factor perhaps which may seem important to it's readers but does anybody else really care?
Reply 23
Oh will somebody PLEASE think of the children!
Original post by SpiritedAway
:nothing: My grandma reads that, and the Express and the Sun and swears they are true.

I would rather read the sun than the express.

The express appeals to nazi nutjobs.
Reply 25
I say at least people are reading about current affairs, whatever the slant taken. I grew up with parents who read the so-called daily fail, but I got 4 A*s at A Level and plan on studying law at top universities. Stop looking at things down your nose and you might get an idea that the world is a better place when people have different opinions- not just those shared by The Times and The Telegraph!
Reply 26
This freedom of speech thing really is a drag.

Original post by KendallG
I say at least people are reading about current affairs, whatever the slant taken. I grew up with parents who read the so-called daily fail, but I got 4 A*s at A Level and plan on studying law at top universities. Stop looking at things down your nose and you might get an idea that the world is a better place when people have different opinions- not just those shared by The Times and The Telegraph!

Good on you.

The problem is that the Daily Mail often publishes xenophobic, reactionary or mysoginistic nonsense which influences the more malleable section of the public. That last bit basically translates to "the majority of the public".
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Deary me. Such a Rita Skeeter paper. And it's the Dursleys favourite newspaper *shudders*.
Reply 28
Original post by SpiritedAway
:nothing: My grandma reads that, and the Express and the Sun and swears they are true.

Haha, ditto.

My nan is a bit clueless when it comes to it but bless her she's 84 god damn! :smile:
I think it's about time we got rid of Murdoch.
Reply 30
If that is the case, then we the British have a lot of hate, a lot.
Not just with British Muzzies, but with facebook too, didn't you know it could give you cancer? The damn site should be banned.
The Star repeatedly claims it's "Britains most successful paper". Are you all going to believe that as well? :beard:
I'm not surprised. It's also the only newspaper besides The Sun that is always sold out on newsstands.
Reply 33
Actually looking at the rise in popularity of groups such as the EDF/BNP etc I could believe that the Daily Mail is one of the most influential papers...:eek3:
Reply 34
Daily Mail = Large proportion (female) of middle england

...Middle-aged, Middle-class females - those who yell loudest get heard
(edited 13 years ago)
If this is true, we really are lost as a nation.
Reply 36
Original post by PlanetEuropa

Original post by PlanetEuropa
I think the Guardian is as bad as the Daily Mail.

Hardly.

My political views are quite 'right wing', especially when it comes to the economy. But the guardian is no where near as bad as the Mail.

The Daily Mail is on completely different level of bull****. The blatant lies and twisting of the truth should be illegal.

I'd like to see The Daily Mail get ****ed by Trading Standards or something for misleading advertisement... because the headlines are so far away from the truth.
Reply 37
Daily Mail site
'It is still the only British newspaper with more than half its readership being female.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334894/The-Daily-Mail-influential-paper-Britain.html#ixzz172ciqpFS

The above explains a lot.
Reply 38
Original post by Smtn
Daily Mail = Large proportion (female) of middle england

...Middle-aged, Middle-class females - those who yell loudest get heard

Lol you beat me to it.
Reply 39
poor britain:s:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending