The Student Room Group

Is There Any Point In Sex?

Science is advancing, and with human cloning on the way, do people really need to "get it on"? Personally there are no advantages to paticipating in sexual intercourse. I do not understand young people these days, with their obsession with this activity! Back in my day we got kicks from learning about simple facts of life. Now, as a Professor of Philosophy, i teach these facts to younger people. One of these facts is that sex is pointless. It's so pointless, I haven't touched my wife in 10 years due to my strong beliefs. She understands and we have a very loving relationship and now she is beginning to believe that underage sex, STI's, HIV, rape and all other subjects related to sex will stop if we eradicate sex completely. I suggest the removal of the penis and testicles at birth, or other medical ways.

Does anyone think that there is any point in sex?

Scroll to see replies

...it's fun...

EDIT: And removing penis at birth won't stop sex, what about lesbians?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Is there any point in humanity? We live to die.
Reply 3
Are you insane? Nothing can ever replace the primeval release that you achieve at orgasm :love:

And that's all there is to it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Dream Weaver
...it's fun...

This, and the health benefits
- Please stop trolling.
- Nothing wrong with a bit of fun.
"One of these facts is that sex is pointless. It's so pointless, I haven't touched my wife in 10 years due to my strong beliefs. She understands and we have a very loving relationship and now she is beginning to believe that underage sex, STI's, HIV, rape and all other subjects related to sex will stop if we eradicate sex completely."

Sounds like she's been forced into believing it through a lack of it, if you ask me :holmes:
Reply 8
Is your wife THAT bad?
Reply 9
You made this thread because you're not getting any isn't it? :colonhash:
Of course there is. Why would I want to use human cloning to make a baby when I can do it myself and have a lot more fun? :jiggy:
(edited 13 years ago)
Professor my ass
Reply 13
What strong beliefs? I feel sorry for your wife.

Are you American? :colonhash:
Reply 14
Original post by headphones
Is there any point in humanity? We live to die.

Hi thats correct, but we need to keep the human race going.
Reply 15
A lot of people don't have sex to procreate anyway; otherwise there wouldn't be such a big market for condoms!
(edited 13 years ago)
Clearly a horny teenager, bitter that he's not getting any.
HELL YES! Who the **** doesn't enjoy a bit of poontang? Sex doesn't need to have a point, it can be a bit of fun! To me it's just another physical activity like tennis for instance but when you play tennis, people don't just go "You need to start commiting to tennis or just stop playing tennis because it's not going anywhere" On the subject of your wife though, her ass must be rotting or some **** if you won't even touch her. Is she that chic from the shining or some ****? Get bent helmet.
Reply 18
We have a large variety of serious health problems all linked with sexual health, and I believe that by stopping sexual intercourse altogether, it will dramatically lower these horrific occurences. People are too attached to the pleasurable aspect of sex - just because me and my wife do not participate in full penetrative sex, does not mean we do not explore each other in other ways, without the coming together of sexual organs (and dont take that comment the wrong way). I suppose removal of the sexual organs is an irrational idea, i do agree, but some other way to stop sexual intercourse from happening is essential! And in terms of homosexual individuals, same rules apply, for we are all human and no exceptions can be made. Like plants we should find ways of producing new life without having to put a thing into someone else's thing.
Original post by YoTeach!?

Original post by YoTeach!?
Science is advancing, and with human cloning on the way, do people really need to "get it on"? Personally there are no advantages to paticipating in sexual intercourse. I do not understand young people these days, with their obsession with this activity! Back in my day we got kicks from learning about simple facts of life. Now, as a Professor of Philosophy, i teach these facts to younger people. One of these facts is that sex is pointless. It's so pointless, I haven't touched my wife in 10 years due to my strong beliefs. She understands and we have a very loving relationship and now she is beginning to believe that underage sex, STI's, HIV, rape and all other subjects related to sex will stop if we eradicate sex completely. I suggest the removal of the penis and testicles at birth, or other medical ways.

Does anyone think that there is any point in sex?

You may not believe in it but other people do. It's not just about "making babies" it's to show a loving bond between two people. you shouldn't be drumming it into peoples heads that it's wrong because it really isn't. It's fun. So many people wouldn't do it if it was pointless.

Latest

Trending

Trending