The Student Room Group

If your boyfriend's bedroom was like this, would you mind?

Scroll to see replies

I'd be interested and then get on with my life.
Reply 41
lol I have about 40 books on my shelf mainly about psychology, religion, maths etc. It is just an interest of mine. Undoubtedly an interest of guy in question. **** happens
No problem at all as I'm really interested in all that stuff too. It'd be nice to share knowledge.
Original post by my_username_was_taken
If he had lots of books, with 90%+ of them on things such as body language, mind control, psychology, persuasion, influence, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), self development, power, social biology and similar topics.

If the guy hadn't mentioned stuff like this, How would you feel and react etc?

Thanks for any help.

I have a lot of books in my room. I don't read them and he probably doesn't either. Guys don't read, believe me.
No, it wouldn't bother me.
Reply 45
I'd probably look at them, ask him about them in an interested way (as in, I'd want to know more about his clear interest in psychology) and then forget about it.

I wouldn't freak out at all. Then again my ex boyfriend had a book on gynaecology. He's a medic. If that doesn't freak you out not much will.

Oh and the last guy I sort of had a thing with had an upside down poster of a woman on his wall because apparently he found her attractive, but thought if it was upside down he didn't look as though he was entirely focussed on women's bodies. Yeah, I didn't understand either.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 46
Well, I can bloody well see why he needs the books if he's so inept at manipulation that he doesn't think to hide them when you visit.
Reply 47
How would one know they are his - they might just be the person's who is controlling him - and using him to lure the girl back to his house!!!
Reply 48
I reckon she would you know. Unless I did some sort of Neuroscience or Psychology degree perhaps?
what course/subject is he studying?
Reply 50
is he studying psychology by any chance?
why do people keep saying boots??
Original post by Arekkusu
Well, I can bloody well see why he needs the books if he's so inept at manipulation that he doesn't think to hide them when you visit.

Why would he hide something if he was interested in it. That's really pathetic and insecure.

Original post by SPMS
I reckon she would you know. Unless I did some sort of Neuroscience or Psychology degree perhaps?

Yes, Psychology degree.

Original post by Little_missy01
what course/subject is he studying?

Psychology degree.

Original post by Dan3va

Yes.

Original post by purple_starlight
why do people keep saying boots??

I made a typo in the first post which I soon rectified after like 2 mins after I posted the pretentious people of TSR started saying about how I tapped one wrong letter!
Umm I'd just ask him, 'so, what's with the books?'

Why wouldnt you just ask that?

And he does psychology - major shocker that he has a number of psychology books
(edited 13 years ago)
Why would he hide something if he was interested in it. That's really pathetic and insecure.

Yes, Psychology degree.

Psychology degree.

Yes.

I made a typo in the first post which I soon rectified after like 2 mins after I posted the pretentious people of TSR started saying about how I tapped one wrong letter!

So hes on a psychology degree and has books on the subject. How illogical. :rolleyes:
Well that was a waste of time lol.

Yes, Psychology degree.

Then he's a complete moron.

Anyone studying Psychology should know most of that persuasion and NLP crap is utter bull**** sold to desperate men who think they can use it to manipulate women. It is NOT academic psychology. It's pop-psychology.

Original post by headphones
So hes on a psychology degree and has books on the subject. How illogical. :rolleyes:

Original post by Smem

And he does psychology - major shocker that he has a number of psychology books

Original post by Dan3va

Original post by SPMS

See above.
(edited 13 years ago)

ahhhh i see.....i didn't notice the typing error.....shows how observant I am :tongue:
Reply 58
I don't understand why this is an issue. Seriously, as a lass, I know for sure that compared to guys girls make a big deal out of the smallest things.
Reply 59
I was hoping that he had them for a really morally disgusting reason.
Not because he is doing a Psychology degree.
/day ruined.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending