The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lulz. the DNS provider thingy for wikileaks has stopped providing, meaning if you go to wikileaks.org it won't be found.. but the direct IP address of any of the servers still works :sexface: wikileaks lives on
wikileaks lives on how? Is their another site to see it?
Original post by blueray

Original post by blueray
wikileaks lives on how? Is their another site to see it?

Through their direct IP addresses. The DNS being down just means you can't translate "wikileaks.org" into the IP address needed to find the site, so: http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/security/2010/12/03/wikileaks-loses-domain-name-after-dos-attacks-40091046/
Original post by spikeymike
Problem?

Fixed
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Chrosson

Fixed

You should feel bad.
Original post by secretmessages
You should feel bad.

For inserting a trollface into spikeymikes post?
I HAVE NO REMORSE.

For inserting a trollface into spikeymikes post?
I HAVE NO REMORSE.

Do you not see the picture saying "hotlinking is bad and I should feel bad"? :p:
Do you not see the picture saying "hotlinking is bad and I should feel bad"? :p:

Apparently it was cached :colonhash:
New one is from photobucket so should be good.

Apparently it was cached :colonhash:
New one is from photobucket so should be good.

I liked the hotlinked version :frown:
I liked the hotlinked version :frown:

Lol I refreshed, it was quite amusing.
Preserved here.

Lol I refreshed, it was quite amusing.
Preserved here.

:awesome:

Out of interest, anyone know how they do the whole display-a-different-image thing when it's hotlinked? :holmes:

Out of interest, anyone know how they do the whole display-a-different-image thing when it's hotlinked? :holmes:

My guess is something to do with http headers and referrers, but I'm too disinterested to find more info :tongue:
Reply 8353
:wavey:
Hey fellas, it's been a while. How are we all? :h:
Reply 8354

Basically you alter Apache/<insert HTTP server here> so that it rewrites a URL of the form example.com/images/problem.png to something like example.com/images.php?name=problem.png. Then you can write the PHP file to do whatever checks you like before serving the file. So long you set the headers correctly in PHP this should be a transparent process for the user. This is how you can prevent access to files without paying/being logged in, and make it near-impossible for anyone to subvert your system. :yep:
(edited 13 years ago)
Is there not a smiley of (trollface) Chrosson's

Original post by spikeymike
Problem? :tongue:

Clogging up Tech with their inane questions. "WHY IS TEH FACEBOOK NOT WORKING?!!!!!!" :colonhash: :colonhash:

Original post by Puma
:wavey:
Hey fellas, it's been a while. How are we all? :h:

Oh hai again :hi:

Moonwalking on the snow. How are you?
(edited 13 years ago)
As pretty as the new theme is, one is tempted to wonder if priorities should be more on the critical problems with searching first :sigh:
(grinch grouch :grumble:)

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Is there not a smiley of (trollface) Chrosson's
Hardly my trollface :biggrin: But no. I do think it was suggested a little while ago though.
As a sub... the TSR logo looks like if it says:

The Student Room
Present for Subscribers

I want my present TSR :fuhrer:
Hai there.
Can you all request to join http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1088 ?
I want to try a few things out :smile:
Hai there.
Can you all request to join http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1088 ?
I want to try a few things out :smile:

Don't troll.

Latest

Trending

Trending