The Student Room Group

Is your university closed due to the snow?

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Operane
Mine was closed yesterday, and is closed today!

It's amazing what a little snow can do! :biggrin:

Little? are you kidding?
Reply 2
Nope =[
No Real snow in plymouth.. not since around 10pm when i last checked.
Reply 3
(edited 13 years ago)
I've had a couple of tutorials cancelled, and some exams next week have been. But I'm done for the semester anyway, so it's of no import.
Reply 5
Yup, all classes at mine are cancelled for the rest of the week. My alma mater may also have to cancel next week's exam diet, but the weather in Dundee is improving drastically so it should be alright.
Reply 6
yeah mine was closed yday, not tomorrow though :mad:
Reply 7
No. Because there is no snow.
Reply 8
Original post by Operane
I'm surprised they don't close the schools/universities when it gets a little windy. Health hazards and all. :tongue:

Sarcasm? :s-smilie:

I live in Yorkshire, and there is tonnes of snow here. Our college has been closed for three days. :sigh:

Where is your university?
Reply 9
(edited 13 years ago)
If the Germans had dropped snow on Britain instead of bombs, they'd have certainly won the war.

The councils and the government aren't dealing with the snow very well.

It's cost Glasgow City Council near enough £50 Billion, And Glasgow wasn't even one of the worst hit regions!
We had a cancelled tutorial today but I think that was only because my lecturer didn't want it, everyone else was probably in. I have an exam on Tuesday so it has to be open that day! I'm sure there will be at least one person late or who can't make it with the snow though... I have to somehow get from Edinburgh to Glasgow for it, I'll be really stressed if it gets any worse!
Reply 12
Original post by lonely14
Little? are you kidding?

My friends at Hull said their university has been closed for three days now.

Here, at Lancaster, there has been no change. There is some snow but the roads are staying clear due to the gritters to classes are running as normal. :smile:
Here in Yorkshire, the hospital I work in was also closed yesterday. And schools aplenty for 2/3 days.
Reply 15
Yup, closed here in Medway. I think Greenwich and Avery Hill campuses might still be open though...
Reply 16
Original post by danny111

:laugh:

Isn't this guy feeling cold? :mrfreeze:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending