The Student Room Group

Question for Girls

If a guy was visibly shy/nervous around you, so that it was obvious that he had feelings for you, would you find this cute/ adorable and go after them?

Or would you be put off the visible shyness/awkwardness? Or would it depend on other things, like whether he was popular, sporty, good-looking etc.? If you thought he was fit and he was clearly giving these signs of interest, would you definitely be interested in him?

All this is assuming that you don't really know him very well yet.

Scroll to see replies

As someone who likes a shy guy at the moment (whom I don't know all that well), I'd say that it depends on other things. I find the shyness a little bit cute but most of the time, as I'm shy too, I just worry that we'd never get anywhere!
Reply 2

No.

I prefer guys with a backbone, not an overly self-concious pansy.

If I wanted adorable or cute, I'd get a kitten.
Reply 3
depends how hot he is.
Reply 4
I'd tell him to man up.
Reply 5
I don't mind shy, but nervous is a different thing and I really don't think nervousness is attractive.
Reply 6
Original post by Blueflare
I'd tell him to man up.

hahahahaha!! i love it!! :biggrin:
I hate it when boys are nervous around me, unless i fancied him already.

e.g. whilst at work this boy asked me for my number tbh i wasnt too intrested in him so, not wanting to be mean and not wanting to give him my number i said, "im not ment to give out my number at work" so he asked if he could add me on facebook and i agreed and gave him my name. As he wrote it down he was shaking like mad and stumbling over his words and was just SOOOO nervous! it REALLY put me off.

Whereas my ex (before i was with him) was generally cocky and arrogant type but every so often would show me that he was a little nervous and it made me like him a little more. I don't know why though.

oh and if this helps my ex was the popular, sporty, good-looking type. Whereas the other was the opposite maybe (wasnt ugly though, he was just average)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by lookingoutofthewindow
As someone who likes a shy guy at the moment (whom I don't know all that well), I'd say that it depends on other things. I find the shyness a little bit cute but most of the time, as I'm shy too, I just worry that we'd never get anywhere!

This
-__-
Reply 9
its gorgeous. might i refer to simon from misfits? :love:
so long as you dont come across as arrogant. im quite shy myself so i think its really cute when awkward guys try and talk to me because you can see it takes more effort than somebody whos confident and talks to everyone.
Reply 10
Original post by dreamer_x
its gorgeous. might i refer to simon from misfits? :love:
so long as you dont come across as arrogant. im quite shy myself so i think its really cute when awkward guys try and talk to me because you can see it takes more effort than somebody whos confident and talks to everyone.

SIMON FROM THE MISFITS... <3
oh my... that boy is so beautiful....
Reply 11
I love shy guys maybe coz I am shy myself!
Yes, simon from misfits style :love:
Original post by Anonymous
If a guy was visibly shy/nervous around you, so that it was obvious that he had feelings for you, would you find this cute/ adorable and go after them?

Or would you be put off the visible shyness/awkwardness? Or would it depend on other things, like whether he was popular, sporty, good-looking etc.? If you thought he was fit and he was clearly giving these signs of interest, would you definitely be interested in him?

All this is assuming that you don't really know him very well yet.

If I didn't know him very well? I wouldn't be sure whether he was shy or just not really interested in me TBH :s-smilie:... Not wanting to seem like a slut, Id assume it was the latter and automatically lose interest in him.

I'm quite a feminine girl so maybe this is why (all my other "girly" female friends are like this too,) but I like it when guys act like guys and are pretty clear about it if they fancy me. Not like saying it outright but doing stuff like put an arm round my shoulders or compliment my appearance or something, know what I mean? Even if I didnt fancy a guy back I wouldn't have a problem with him doing that, I'd be quite flattered TBH.

No offence OP, but girls really hate it when it's hard to tell whether if a guy is shy or "just not that into you," they think you are playing with them. That is why so many girls go for the really obvious man-whores and cocky arrogant guys, they may be complete d***heads but at least theyre being honest and upfront about their intentions.

There is such a stigma attached to "sluts" nowadays, no girl who cares about her reputation is going to want to seem desperate. Most girls just wont chase a guy, its human nature, be clear or risk being friendzoned or just plain ignored.

Hope this helped x, apologies if i came across as blunt
Sweet.
Though i avoid making moves because I'm terrified of rejection so we'd get absolutely nowhere.
I'd think he was cute, as long as i knew he liked me outright, and so there was a reason behind his shyness
I would find it really cute and flattering.
But at the same time, i'd want said guy to initiate things a step further each time he was around me. Eg, although he may be shy, he gradually starts conversation. Next time, he asks to me go hang out with him, and so on. The shyness has to eventually decrease and turn into comfortableness.
I'd probably find it cute to begin with. If he was constantly like that when around me, and he was obviously uncomfortable, I think it would start to get annoying,
Great question because all girls are obviously exactly the same....
There was a guy I like who was liked that. I tried to approach him but he was so shy. I was OK with it at first even though my friends told me to go for a more out going person but I was patient. Over a year nothing has happened, I got frustrated and I get annopyed everytime I see him he doesn't even say hi. I would say hello then he would trun way from me or pretend he hasn't seen me. I would initiate all conversations. Sometimes it did seem like he was interested but his shyness got the better of him, I'm not loud myself but it was too much for me. Boys like that are not cute I learned the hard way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending