The Student Room Group

Got rejected, still feeling crap about it

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by chocolat321
Permanently?
If so, are you okay with a potential long distance relationship?

Not thought about it, probably not. Need to at least get into a r/ship to even think about that.
Maybe it's the fact that she's leaving fairly soon that's putting her off getting into a relationship now. Bad experience with an old LDR or maybe not wanting an LDR at all?
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah she seems to be very attracted to my lifestyle; the way I do things. Like she calls me inspirational and all this ****. Keeps quizzing me about my friends, career, activities. Probably because I am younger then her, and doing really well for myself atm.

But either way, if it is friendship she is after, just allow that. It's not about being friends with someone who you are attracted too.

Still, SO SO disapointed. After I got rejected she was texting me a bit telling me how I was so awesome, and I sent her a cheeky reply "yeah, not awesome enough clearly :wink:". Just kept on telling me not to take it personally.

Apart of me is thinking her reasons were genuine, but tbh I don't know.

Since I have been ignoring her, she has been leaving random comments/deleting them about feeling guilty etc.

You do understand that most women have a problem with this, dont you?
Im starting to think that is the problem. I mean you made it sound like she thinks you're perfect for her...

Not thought about it, probably not. Need to at least get into a r/ship to even think about that.

Yeah, like the previous poster said, maybe she is hesitant as she does not want an LDR.
Depends on how far away she is going, too.
Reply 24
she went on 3 dates with you and still wants to meet up, she obviously likes you, she just said she doesnt want a relationship, this sounds like a definite **** buddy opportunity, dont waste it
Reply 25
Original post by katyness
Im starting to think that is the problem. I mean you made it sound like she thinks you're perfect for her...

I was marely speculating.

I dont know what goes on in her head to be honest.

But one thing for sure, she compliments me A LOT, she has told me that she is very inspired by me...unless she is lying. Which of course is a possibility.
Reply 26
I was marely speculating.

I dont know what goes on in her head to be honest.

But one thing for sure, she compliments me A LOT, she has told me that she is very inspired by me...unless she is lying. Which of course is a possibility.

Hmm... I think she likes you a lot. And if she did get jealous when you mentioned another girl, it wont be long until she realises she is being stupid about rejecting you. :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by thetopnotch
Maybe it's the fact that she's leaving fairly soon that's putting her off getting into a relationship now. Bad experience with an old LDR or maybe not wanting an LDR at all?

"she needs time to get over her ex" apparently. Wants to be single for a while.

But yeah that is definently a factor I think given she is leaving so soon.
Reply 28

Why is this?
Original post by Trigger
She probably realised you were a spoilt child with a tendancy to tatrum when he doesnt get his own way...thats the impression im getting from you right now.

I love your posts :love:
Reply 30
lol 3 dates? Pull the trigger sooner, jesus
Reply 31
Hmm... I think she likes you a lot. And if she did get jealous when you mentioned another girl, it wont be long until she realises she is being stupid about rejecting you. :smile:

Yeh, I don't know tbh :s-smilie:

I mean I know she thinks i am an awesome guy, but you know awesome in what way.

Feel like texting her and asking her if she wants to meet up. But maybe, I should wait until its my bday which is in less than 2 weeks and see what she does, given she says she remembers my bday. If she is really into me, she wll probs text me or something.

If she does, will ask her if she wants to meet up then.
What do you think?
Reply 32
Original post by effofex
Why is this?

The whole 'the man has to be stronger, taller and older' thing.
Long story short, took a girl I know on 3 dates, decided to make a move on the final date, she told me she wasnt ready to get into a relationship with me but told me I was a really awesome guy. I asked her if the problem was me, she told me it wasn't and not to take it personally.

But yeah, still really bugging me.

Since then I have been ignoring her, we texted each other a bit, and I basically told her not to worry about it, how I wasnt ready for a r/ship either and wanted to keep my options open. Anyway, I told her about a girl I was going to hang out with the next day, she then suggested we hang out with one another. I basically told her that I would love to, but I would probably try and kiss her again. She called me cheeky and was cool with hanging out anyway as its my birthday soon.

(She seems to be facebook stalking me a bit, like she knows who my friends are on there, when my bday is and all that stuff)

But yeah, the rejection is still stinging me, lost a bit of confidence due to it. And I am finding it pretty tough to pick myself back up. I am popular, have a lot going for me, and we have had amazing times together, yet despite all of that she rejected my advances. But to protect myself I am ignoring her, cos I know I Am attracted, so if I spend time with her, it would be frustrating if I can't kiss her.

long story - you got 48 hours before she'll friend zone you, be quick and remember to be smooth
Get over it. :wink: Move on, there's plenty more fish in the sea. :wink:
Reply 35
Yeh, I don't know tbh :s-smilie:

I mean I know she thinks i am an awesome guy, but you know awesome in what way.

Feel like texting her and asking her if she wants to meet up. But maybe, I should wait until its my bday which is in less than 2 weeks and see what she does, given she says she remembers my bday. If she is really into me, she wll probs text me or something.

If she does, will ask her if she wants to meet up then.
What do you think?

I think that is a good idea :smile:

I hope it works out for you, you seem like a nice guy :hugs:
Long story short, took a girl I know on 3 dates, decided to make a move on the final date, she told me she wasnt ready to get into a relationship with me but told me I was a really awesome guy. I asked her if the problem was me, she told me it wasn't and not to take it personally.

But yeah, still really bugging me.

Since then I have been ignoring her, we texted each other a bit, and I basically told her not to worry about it, how I wasnt ready for a r/ship either and wanted to keep my options open. Anyway, I told her about a girl I was going to hang out with the next day, she then suggested we hang out with one another. I basically told her that I would love to, but I would probably try and kiss her again. She called me cheeky and was cool with hanging out anyway as its my birthday soon.

(She seems to be facebook stalking me a bit, like she knows who my friends are on there, when my bday is and all that stuff)

But yeah, the rejection is still stinging me, lost a bit of confidence due to it. And I am finding it pretty tough to pick myself back up. I am popular, have a lot going for me, and we have had amazing times together, yet despite all of that she rejected my advances. But to protect myself I am ignoring her, cos I know I Am attracted, so if I spend time with her, it would be frustrating if I can't kiss her.

Oh FFS, you got rejected by a girl, not had your legs blown off in Afghanistan. STFU and move on.
Reply 37
Original post by a_t
lol 3 dates? Pull the trigger sooner, jesus

yeh, that was a mistake i made.
Reply 38
Original post by big-boss-91
long story - you got 48 hours before she'll friend zone you, be quick and remember to be smooth

lol

Even if dont get the girl, this thread is entertaining. Thanks people.
Reply 39
you know that you are spending too much time worrying about UCAS when you begin to always associate the word rejection with the university process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending