The Student Room Group

Study suggests being attractive is a barrier to getting a job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mujeriego
No. It's a lie that you are good-looking.

I didn't say that I was, I said I can believe that women would act in a jealous way towards other women, as they do.

Also, you don't know what I look like, and I don't really take the opinions of keyboard warriors to heart, sorry. :h:
Reply 21
Yeahhh ! :facepalm:

Tell that to the Human Resources department at the Playboy Mansion.
My work has employed some very nubile women in the 3 years I've been here - almost always interviewed by women.
Reply 23
Original post by katyness
Omg o.0 Why cant women be like more like men? Why must they be so complicated and drama queens?? Jhezz -.-'

Haha I know right! I love my guy friends, they're amazing! So much more fun to hang around with than girls. Some girls are nice though. :biggrin:
Original post by Ministerdonut
It was always believed that goodlooking people were more likely to do well in a job interview and perhaps be offered a job than plainer people. However it seems ,it isn't always that simple, if you are an attractive male,this may well still be the case, however apparently if you are an attractive female,it can be a barrier due to jealous females in HR.

Now normally, I take these studies with a pinch of salt,especially those done in universities,as in my view, a lack of funding, those doing the studies, already have a conclusion in mind and normally a far too small a sample means I take little notice.

However from personal experience I have experienced the cattiness of females towards better looking females . I also was once offered a job because the female managers (around my mums age) who were at the interview wanted a young man , rather than a young woman in the office,so wanted me rather than the 2 female candidates who were also shortlisted ,I was told this a few months after I had taken the job, by someone who was present at the interview.

I have no doubt that feminazis will somehow blame men for this, rather than acknowledging that women discriminate against themselves,perhaps the likes of harriet harperson, could address it, that it isn't also sterotypical middleaged men who have a problem with women in the workplace and doing them down.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1335283/Good-looking-women-likely-refused-job-interviews-jealous-HR-staff.html

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+use+commas
Original post by .Ali.
I wouldn't be suprised, I generally hate other women because they're jealous and catty. Jealous girls are vile, that's why I have much more male friends haha.

I'm not surprised either.
Oh. That explains why I keep getting rejected. :smug:
At the cafe where I used to work there were two boys and seven blonde, slim girls. Bit dodgy.
In the hotel I work in, my manager hired a girl to work on reception because she is beautiful. And my manager is female. I don't think they'ed hire anybody they'ed consider to be ugly either. So your study is nonsense.
Original post by .Ali.
I didn't say that I was, I said I can believe that women would act in a jealous way towards other women, as they do.

Also, you don't know what I look like, and I don't really take the opinions of keyboard warriors to heart, sorry. :h:

Oh! I think we do know what you look like. At the very least 4 or 5 do. :teehee:
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
In the hotel I work in, my manager hired a girl to work on reception because she is beautiful. And my manager is female. I don't think they'ed hire anybody they'ed consider to be ugly either. So your study is nonsense.

It makes so much economic sense to hire beautiful people for jobs like receptionists or baristas who interact often with the clients, I'm sure female managers will ignore any potential jealousy when choosing candidates and only select the most beautiful.

But I think the study does make sense. Female jealousy is unfortunately more frequent and more dangerous than the male equivalent. Have anyone never been to a party or social gathering when a really attractive woman walks in, and suddenly the beta females are instantly buzzing in impotent rage, while the men pretend to not see anything so as not to annoy their girlfriends? I'm not surprised at the findings.
Reply 31
Original post by Mujeriego
Oh! I think we do know what you look like. At the very least 4 or 5 do. :teehee:

Nope, I think you've seen a picture of me in a vest top without my face showing. :rolleyes:
Reply 32
I wouldn't be surprised but obviously would have liked to look into how the research was conducted.
Original post by .Ali.
Nope, I think you've seen a picture of me in a vest top without my face showing. :rolleyes:

No. I'm not referring to that but thanks for reminding us about your credentials. This conversation has ended.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending