The Student Room Group

you know those people who fall asleep in public

Scroll to see replies

I fall asleep on my College bus, I always wake up before my stop though.
I leave them, since I don't care about them.
Reply 42
Original post by Norfolkadam
I'm terrible at this. I can just fall asleep at the tip of a hat. I commute by train and I will wake someone up when we get to the end of the line. People do the same for me. I have been known to wake up in Cromer and Haddiscoe when the train has gone to Norwich and then turned around again to go somewhere else.

My friends like to take photos of me when I fall asleep, they all think it's very funny. Here's me, asleep, in a charity shop a few weeks ago. Greaaat.

haha mate if you fall asleep as easy as this now, imagine what you're going to be like as a pensioner! Fall asleep walking ha:biggrin: :tongue:
Reply 43
I fall asleep on the way home from college a fair bit lol! Especially in winter when it gets really dark :P

Personally though if it was near my stop I'd be happy if a stranger woke me up! I fell asleep once on the bus in the afternoon 'cause I had a migraine and an old lady gave me a little nudge to tell me we were at the shopping centre! :biggrin:
Reply 44
I fall asleep on trains all the time. Once I woke up after twitching (feeling like I was falling), to find I was surrounded by German school girls laughing at me. ****ing random
Reply 45
Im always falling alseep everywhere.
Busses, trains, lessons/lectures, its well annoying.
One time on a train from liverpool to york i fell sleep and my leg twitched and I had accidently kicked an old man sitting opposite me :P. Then I fell back asleep.

Ive never missed my stop though.
Reply 46
Original post by Flyingaround
Yep! "hi there, Erm, I am your local stalker and I've noticed you haven't got off at your usual stop, I hope you don't mind me waking you" hehe

Haha not quite what I meant. I mean if you had, like, a prebooked ticket on a train or something, so the destination was printed on it :lol:
I wouldn't wake someone up, because I'd be too embarassed! I never fall asleep on public transport myself. If I felt tired to the extent when I thought I might fall asleep, I wouldn't go out in the first place.
Reply 48
Original post by py0alb

I've fallen asleep in a pub before.

lawl I've managed to fall asleep in a nightclub before :holmes:(I wasn't even drunk)

also, I seem to always fall asleep in the cinema. It takes a really good movie to keep me awake or I'm gone
My friends like to take photos of me when I fall asleep, they all think it's very funny. Here's me, asleep, in a charity shop a few weeks ago. Greaaat.

fapfapfapfapfap
Reply 50
Original post by Cool Cat

people actually fall asleep in fast food restaurants too, it seems. Spotted two men fast asleep at McDonalds a while ago, in exactly the same position at the window but in two separate restaurants along the same road. Made me chuckle :h:

LOOOL. If I know them and I know where they are going then I'd wake them up. Someone woke me up once when I was going to college. I would have been late if they didnt :colondollar:
I'm always falling asleep on trains, buses and cars. Must be the motion of it, sends me off to sleep.
Reply 52
Can't help it, just generally sleepy :erm: never quite missed a stop but can imagine that's going to happen at some point
I always fall asleep Friday 4th lesson (politics) without fail. Also fell asleep in Birmingham airport on my way to Hamburg with my German class. I can sleep in cars and planes but not trains for some reason.
I'm terrible at this. I can just fall asleep at the tip of a hat. I commute by train and I will wake someone up when we get to the end of the line. People do the same for me. I have been known to wake up in Cromer and Haddiscoe when the train has gone to Norwich and then turned around again to go somewhere else.

:rofl:
Reply 55
Original post by -honeybee-
I really don't know why people do this, surely quite a few of them get robbed/miss their stop and it's just a major inconvenience? As for waking someone up, personally I wouldn't unless I knew what stop they needed to get off at and they woke up quite easily without me having to get too involved lol. If you got to the last stop I imagine the conductor would wake them up. And if the train's really busy it's not really fair on other passengers - I've seen sleeping people leaning on the random person sat next to them and they usually have loads of bags spread out on the seat next to them.

My feral instincts tell me when someone is approaching my wallet.

Spoiler

I leave them, I've fallen asleep on a bus/train before but only the odd time like after Leeds Fest or after I'd gone over 72 hours without sleep and had been on two long distance flights and a 6 hour coach journey with the odd 8+ hour stint in airports.
Reply 57
I can honestly fall asleep anywhere. Buses, cars, trains, taxies, aeroplanes, school, in front of TV, in conversation lol anywhere. It's probably because I've always been a late sleeper and only get about 4 hours sleep a day so I find it really easy to sleep. Thank God I'm not an insomniac. I hate not being able to sleep - worst feeling ever.

I always fall asleep on buses and I use them a lot but I always wake up every time the bus stops (traffic lights, other stops, etc) so I've never missed my stop. I also do this in my car when we've gone to visit family in Birmingham I wake up just as we turn into my driveway 2 hours after setting off from Birmingham haha :laugh: It's weird but useful :smile:
Reply 58
I nap on the train home quite a lot but I'm good at waking myself up in time.
I've woken a few people up near me that have fallen asleep if I've heard them say which station they're going to when they're buying a ticket, but also some people have slept through 5 or 6 stops before and I haven't woken them up because i had no idea where they wanted off

i've just remembered someone woke me up before my stop once
good intentions i suppose but man just let me sleep i get off at the end of the line anyway
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 59
I never get enough sleep so I nap whenever I'm sitting down for more than about 10 minutes and not driving - even in exams! Specially on the train and bus though, and I haven't yet missed a stop

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending