The Student Room Group

Feel so terrible and like such an idiot...feeling like committing suicide

So this girl who I thought was dead sure that she liked me...she gave me all the signals..she called me over to her place twice to 'chat', when i asked her what she was doing on the weekend, she said nothing but i'll keep myself free if you have anything in mind and then she called me cos she had to go somewhere and wanted me to show her the way.
So I told her I like her and she said..'well I'm sorry if you felt I was giving out any 'vibes' or anything.I am just a very friendly and talkative person and I called you that day because I remembered you lived close by and I wanted some company to go to that place. I'm sorry if you misunderstood anything. And besides, I'm three years older than you.'
I apologised and she said no...its alright, its perfectly alright, trust me.
I don't know what to do now. I felt it was so certain that she liked me which is why I told her how I feel. This sucks now...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You feel like committing suicide because a girl rejected your advances?

You can't win all the time, have a nice cup of tea and a biscuit. You'll feel better.
Reply 2
Yes it does suck....nice hyperbolic title though. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by fire2burn
You feel like committing suicide because a girl rejected your advances?

You can't win all the time, have a nice cup of tea and a biscuit. You'll feel better.

No I feel like committing suicide cos I was so sure that she liked me and I feel like an idiot for misunderstanding her actions.
Oh just STFU
Reply 5
Man the **** up FFS
Reply 6
Original post by lastchristmas
No I feel like committing suicide cos I was so sure that she liked me and I feel like an idiot for misunderstanding her actions.

Don't be. It's what girls do. You were man enough to say to her face that you liked her. Most blokes can't do that.

You're better off knowing how she feels so you aren't constantly wondering 'what if'.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
I thought something nasty had happened like you'd killed a few people.

Bloody hell son, get a grip!! Didn't work out, move on.
Reply 8
If you can get rejected by another girl you will forget all about it.
Reply 9
Man up

Seriously though don't worry, go out and buy yourself a steak for tea, always makes me feel better. Omnomnom
Oh please get a grip. If such petty things make you want to commit suicide then how will you cope when faced with real life?
Reply 11
How is a chat and keeping a weekend open for you giving vibes? Some men read far too much into a friendly nature of a woman.
Friend zone'd lol.
Reply 13
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Friend zone'd lol.

Yep
Reply 14
Original post by Linweth
How is a chat and keeping a weekend open for you giving vibes? Some men read far too much into a friendly nature of a woman.

well yeah in hindsight it seems extremely stupid of me
Yep

What if shes ****ing another guy?
Reply 16
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
What if shes ****ing another guy?

as far as i know she isn't

Really, if everybody who has ever felt like that committed suicide because of it then the human race would be extinct. Don't be so silly.
Ahh this happened in my friend group a few weeks ago and he was devastated too.
Its so hard when you like someone and they don't like you back.
I promise you will look back and laugh at this, it's something that happens to nearly everyone, happened to me when I was younger and I was gutted.
You were brave in telling her how you felt, good for you,
when did this happen?
Reply 19
Original post by Nutty_Psychologist
Ahh this happened in my friend group a few weeks ago and he was devastated too.
Its so hard when you like someone and they don't like you back.
I promise you will look back and laugh at this, it's something that happens to nearly everyone, happened to me when I was younger and I was gutted.
You were brave in telling her how you felt, good for you,
when did this happen?

this afternoon..i told her how i felt two days ago and there was no reaction from her till today...so i had kinda got the hint..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending