The Student Room Group

aargh can't revise!!

I have quite a few tests coming up and I just can't revise. I have tried simply readins my revision book, listening to podcasts, brainstorming and making notes but I don't absorb any of the knowledge. In the past, I could just read something briefly and remember all the details but I think I have lost the ability all together!!

I have so many tests coming up..HELP!
Reply 1
Original post by 22flowerpower22
I have quite a few tests coming up and I just can't revise. I have tried simply readins my revision book, listening to podcasts, brainstorming and making notes but I don't absorb any of the knowledge. In the past, I could just read something briefly and remember all the details but I think I have lost the ability all together!!

I have so many tests coming up..HELP!

1 = DON'T PANIC!

Sometimes, people find they work best at different times of the day. I work best at 12am, whereas others prefer to be asleep at that time.
Make sure there are no distractions around you and pull out a book you really want to read. Make brief notes. Read the notes before bed and sleep on it.
Next morning, brain storm the notes in your head!

Thats my method!
Thanks for the reply, I will try that. I usually revise earlier in the night (9-10 pm)...so the idea about reading it through before sleeping sounds really good.
Reply 3
Try using revision cards-Make yur notes short and brief and flick through them every half and hour throughout the day just to remind to yourself of what you're trying learn. Its like tv adverts-the repeaat them over and over and over again until you know it so well. Use the same techniques with revision cards.:smile:

Don't worry too much- loads of ther people are in a similar situation to yours-just keep calm and try and make your revision 'fun' difficult,i know:wink:) but that way its less scary.

Take regular breaks-let your mind rest -don't do an "information overload" otherwise you panic, stress out and forget all the stuff you've been learning! Takes breaks, let your mind relax by doing something completing different for about 20 minutes: read a book, watch tv, listen to music, go on facebook, take walk..whatever you want as long as it will take your mind away from studying for a while then come back to your revision. You should find that you feel a bit more refreshed.

Make a timetable for yourself-make a list of all the things that you have to do. spread out you time appropriately for the exams that you have to take.

Prioritise-revise for the subjects in the order of when you will take them or concentrate more on the subjects that you are most weak on this way you are using your time effectively.

TRY YOUR BEST!-Nobody can ask for anymore!!!

I could go on forever but i hope i've been able to help just remember DON'T PANIC !:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 4
Original post by babyeinstein
Try using revision cards-Make yur notes short and brief and flick through them every half and hour throughout the day just to remind to yourself of what you're trying learn. Its like tv adverts-the repeaat them over and over and over again until you know it so well. Use the same techniques with revision cards.:smile:

Don't worry too much- loads of ther people are in a similar situation to yours-just keep calm and try and make your revision 'fun' difficult,i know:wink:) but that way its less scary.

Take regular breaks-let your mind rest -don't do an "information overload" otherwise you panic, stress out and forget all the stuff you've been learning! Takes breaks, let your mind relax by doing something completing different for about 20 minutes: read a book, watch tv, listen to music, go on facebook, take walk..whatever you want as long as it will take your mind away from studying for a while then come back to your revision. You should find that you feel a bit more refreshed.

Make a timetable for yourself-make a list of all the things that you have to do. spread out you time appropriately for the exams that you have to take.

Prioritise-revise for the subjects in the order of when you will take them or concentrate more on the subjects that you are most weak on this way you are using your time effectively.

TRY YOUR BEST!-Nobody can ask for anymore!!!

I could go on forever but i hope i've been able to help just remember DON'T PANIC !:smile::smile::smile:

revision cards are brilliant! I totally agree!

OP, use this advice cos it is brilliant :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest