The Student Room Group

This is real love :(

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone else just seeing a cat squishing a dead cat while the car is still parked on its tail?
I cried..so so sad :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by a_t
lol its a cat, which is a selfish creature anyway, I detest cats. And it goes on instinct rather than emotion, there's no thought process to these animals, its pure drive and compulsion

I'm surprised it didn't try to eat the dead cat tbh

And you would know that how? Cats aren't selfish creatures. Domestic pets are the kindest of all, when you think about it. They're at liberty to leave whenever they want, they could just come and go, but no, they stay with humans, for companionship.

Cats are amazing. They can sense things, whenever I'm ill, one of my cats always comes up and cuddles up to me, despite not doing that normally. Just an example of the intuition of animals. Don't judge animals.
Reply 23
How did the cat learn what CPR is?!
Reply 24
Original post by Claire_Spoon
Is anyone else just seeing a cat squishing a dead cat while the car is still parked on its tail?

me

Original post by .Ali.
And you would know that how? Cats aren't selfish creatures. Domestic pets are the kindest of all, when you think about it. They're at liberty to leave whenever they want, they could just come and go, but no, they stay with humans, for companionship.

Cats are amazing. They can sense things, whenever I'm ill, one of my cats always comes up and cuddles up to me, despite not doing that normally. Just an example of the intuition of animals. Don't judge animals.

Cats are incredibly selfish, particularly compared to dogs, they stay for food and have little to no loyalty, they use their nature to exploit humans and their need to nurture, and when you're not feeling well your cat doesn't even approach you and show any affection? lol wtf
Original post by a_t
It's not love, its a ****ing animal, it doesn't love

You don't seem to have grasped the substance of the video. Just saying.
Reply 26
Original post by a_t
me

Cats are incredibly selfish, particularly compared to dogs, they stay for food and have little to no loyalty, they use their nature to exploit humans and their need to nurture, and when you're not feeling well your cat doesn't even approach you and show any affection? lol wtf

No they're not. Dogs you have to train and teach what to do, cats have their own personalities, and do their own thing. Yes they are loyal! LOl I've never seen a cat expoit humans.

You read what I said wrong. It comes up to me when I'm ill and sits on my bed with me, despite not normally doing that. See, I have two, one's hyper and one's lazy, and when I'm ill, the hyper one just lies there with me, because it knows.
Ok, as much as i'd like to buy into all this Disney 'the cats love each other nonsense' I can't. Anyone who has a cat knows that that cat wasnt trying to save the other cat, it was padding it down to make it more comfortabe to lie on, which was confirmed when it lay down next to it. Cats do not love, they are solitary creatures and generally prefer to be alone. The only animals which could be said to have some sort of emotional bond with the dead, or perform some sort of ritual, are humans, monkeys (chimps) and elephants. Sorry to kill the party.
Reply 28
Original post by mathew551
You don't seem to have grasped the substance of the video. Just saying.

There isn't any substance to it, any substance it has you lot have projected onto it
Reply 29
Original post by .Ali.
No they're not. Dogs you have to train and teach what to do, cats have their own personalities, and do their own thing. Yes they are loyal! LOl I've never seen a cat expoit humans.

You read what I said wrong. It comes up to me when I'm ill and sits on my bed with me, despite not normally doing that. See, I have two, one's hyper and one's lazy, and when I'm ill, the hyper one just lies there with me, because it knows.

I'm not getting involved with the 'debate' here, but... the other cat's just lazy then? My cat's like that. I'm not a cat person at all :frown:
Reply 30
Original post by imsobored.
I'm not getting involved with the 'debate' here, but... the other cat's just lazy then? My cat's like that. I'm not a cat person at all :frown:

Yes, but she's lovely, because she'll sit on you anytime and not move for ages, and you can pick her up and hug her, she's like a big teddybear! :biggrin: Awww why? :frown: Cats are lovely!
Reply 31
Original post by a_t
lol good argument, YOU CAN'T PROVE IT DOESN'T!!!!!

You're argument is as about as watertight as the classic Russell's Teapot analogy

No... how is that like anything I've implied? I was asking how can we prove there is love between two creatures? you said they are not capable of love... but you really can't make such a claim without any bit of evidence. I suppose I would have to prove they are capable of such emotions as well lol but doesn't the fact that a cat goes to extreme lengths to protect and feed its young count for anything? or maybe not... ?
I don't see why people prefer cats to dogs, oh ye, it's because they don't have a clue about dogs (or they're allergic to them).
Reply 33
Original post by .Ali.
Yes, but she's lovely, because she'll sit on you anytime and not move for ages, and you can pick her up and hug her, she's like a big teddybear! :biggrin: Awww why? :frown: Cats are lovely!

I don't know. Just prefer dogs. I don't mind any animal, but I think dogs are more affectionate and can be better companions (For me, it's different for other people clearly) :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by 4TSR
No... how is that like anything I've implied? I was asking how can we prove there is love between two creatures? you said they are not capable of love... but you really can't make such a claim without any bit of evidence. I suppose I would have to prove they are capable of such emotions as well lol but doesn't the fact that a cat goes to extreme lengths to protect and feed its young count for anything? or maybe not... ?

Cats protect their young out of instinct, that's what an animal goes on, its not gonna cry and write poetry if its kitten gets eaten is it, its its fixed pattern of action, it just does it, birds don't build a nest out of love, they build it from instinct ingrained into them from an evolutionary level. Pigs protect their young, no one says pigs love though cos pigs are gross and we like bacon, its just disney nonsense.

I just hate the use of the word love, its been bandied about so much like its just a bit of a bond or affection in this thread. I've been in love, its an incredibly strong and powerful emotion, and something an animal incapable of speech or thought is simply not capable of producing, and I dislike the bastardization of it by nonsense like the above video, that's not love!
Reply 35
Original post by a_t
Cats protect their young out of instinct, that's what an animal goes on, its not gonna cry and write poetry if its kitten gets eaten is it, its its fixed pattern of action, it just does it, birds don't build a nest out of love, they build it from instinct ingrained into them from an evolutionary level. Pigs protect their young, no one says pigs love though cos pigs are gross and we like bacon, its just disney nonsense.

I just hate the use of the word love, its been bandied about so much like its just a bit of a bond or affection in this thread. I've been in love, its an incredibly strong and powerful emotion, and something an animal incapable of speech or thought is simply not capable of producing, and I dislike the bastardization of it by nonsense like the above video, that's not love!

Love can be expressed by other than poetry and speech though. I agree with you to be honest, I doubt animals can love, but to associate love with poetry and speech is nonsense. It's like saying an illiterate, dumb (dumb as in incapable of speech), blind person cannot love. I have been in love also, and I also highly highly doubt what was happening in the video is "love", but I also doubt it was softening it to sit on it, specially when it sits beside it and not on it :s-smilie:.
Original post by SatanIsAwesome
I don't see why people prefer cats to dogs, oh ye, it's because they don't have a clue about dogs (or they're allergic to them).

Sorry but what a load of ****. Because someone doesn't prefer dogs to cats the way you do that automatically means they know nothing about dogs?

I have no preference over the two as I own both and love both, but your statement is just *******s, just because someone doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean they know nothing on the topic.
(edited 13 years ago)
What I don't understand is why do women cry over anything and everything? Thinking of making a thread about it. hmm.
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
What I don't understand is why do women cry over anything and everything? Thinking of making a thread about it. hmm.

I like how tears taste. Mmmmm salty. :smile:
Original post by emilylikeeee
If I get hit by a car, I hope someone massages me with their feet too <3

Bhahahah!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending