The Student Room Group

This is real love :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hayles101
I like how tears taste. Mmmmm salty. :smile:

I have to agree with you there.
Reply 41
Original post by darigan
The cat wasn't trying give a 'heart massage', it was padding the other cat - the same sort of things cats do when they want to get comfortable and sit, or when they want attention.

I'm not disputing that it is a sad video, but I'm not convinced that the cat is as physiologically aware as the OP suggests

You absolute ****ing moron. Of course the cat is aware of the existence of that other cat. In fact I bet you're a bat**** crazy creationist. You obviously can't be an evolutionist if you think that such a thing is clearly nonsense. Go fall off a cliff.
Reply 42
Mmmmm salty. :smile:

:wink:

That is all.
Sorry but what a load of ****. Because someone doesn't prefer dogs to cats the way you do that automatically means they know nothing about dogs?

I have no preference over the two as I own both and love both, but your statement is just *******s, just because someone doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean they know nothing on the topic.

It's true though. Example:
"You have to walk dogs all the time" - No you don't, there are different dog breeds.
"Dogs leave loads of hair and saliva everywhere" - No, there are different dog breeds.
"Dogs are too big and aren't as cuddly" - Do I have to say it a 3rd time?
Reply 44
Original post by a_t
Cats protect their young out of instinct, that's what an animal goes on, its not gonna cry and write poetry if its kitten gets eaten is it, its its fixed pattern of action, it just does it, birds don't build a nest out of love, they build it from instinct ingrained into them from an evolutionary level. Pigs protect their young, no one says pigs love though cos pigs are gross and we like bacon, its just disney nonsense.

I just hate the use of the word love, its been bandied about so much like its just a bit of a bond or affection in this thread. I've been in love, its an incredibly strong and powerful emotion, and something an animal incapable of speech or thought is simply not capable of producing, and I dislike the bastardization of it by nonsense like the above video, that's not love!

I simply fail to agree
Reply 45
Original post by Sungirlshines
why would a cat sit on a dead cat, and why would he pad it continously? He definitely wanted to make her breath. It's is so obvious at 1:16 seconds that he sat near her, not ON her.

Original post by Sithius
You absolute ****ing moron. Of course the cat is aware of the existence of that other cat. In fact I bet you're a bat**** crazy creationist. You obviously can't be an evolutionist if you think that such a thing is clearly nonsense. Go fall off a cliff.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090602081100AApsI4t

The cat was quite clearly 'padding' the other cat, it was not giving the cat a heart massage or CPR. Sithius, if you believe that the cat was trying to give a heart massage, then I'm afraid that in this instance, the label of 'moron' applies to you.

I didn't intend to suggest that the cat intended to sit on the dead cat - I was making the point that the 'padding' action is something that cats do quite regularly - Not an attempt at emergency medical assistance.

For the record I'm not a "bat**** crazy creationist" nor a creationist of any other denomination.

I said in my earlier post that it was a sad video, but no matter how sad the video was, I am not for one moment goign to belive that the cat was trying to deliver feline first-aid. More likely it was confused and the padding was more of an instinctual reaction than anything else.

Now - Sungirlshines was good enough to respectfully, but whole-heartedly disagree with me

You must admit Sithius, that you were a little bit rude, no?
Original post by SatanIsAwesome
It's true though. Example:
"You have to walk dogs all the time" - No you don't, there are different dog breeds.
"Dogs leave loads of hair and saliva everywhere" - No, there are different dog breeds.
"Dogs are too big and aren't as cuddly" - Do I have to say it a 3rd time?

And what about people who love dogs too but happen to prefer cats because they have more positive feelings about cats rather than having, as your saying, all these negative feelings towards dogs?
Original post by 4TSR
Love can be expressed by other than poetry and speech though. I agree with you to be honest, I doubt animals can love, but to associate love with poetry and speech is nonsense. It's like saying an illiterate, dumb (dumb as in incapable of speech), blind person cannot love. I have been in love also, and I also highly highly doubt what was happening in the video is "love", but I also doubt it was softening it to sit on it, specially when it sits beside it and not on it :s-smilie:.

Reading the comments, I have to say that you are the only one who's speaking some sense here. Thanks for your bright lovely thoughts and opinion :smile:
Reply 48
The cat died because it was a kuffar cat.
And what about people who love dogs too but happen to prefer cats because they have more positive feelings about cats rather than having, as your saying, all these negative feelings towards dogs?

Give me a reason why people prefer cats and you may change my mind about cat lovers.
Original post by SatanIsAwesome
Give me a reason why people prefer cats and you may change my mind about cat lovers.

They are fuzzy and some of them even "zazzy". :h:

OP, thank you for posting that video on here. It was emotional and made me think about some of the aspects of existence.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Sungirlshines
I still and will always belive that there is love between animals like between people.

I do enjoy a good debate :wink: - And will probably continue to respectully disagree
Original post by a_t
Cats protect their young out of instinct, that's what an animal goes on, its not gonna cry and write poetry if its kitten gets eaten is it, its its fixed pattern of action, it just does it, birds don't build a nest out of love, they build it from instinct ingrained into them from an evolutionary level. Pigs protect their young, no one says pigs love though cos pigs are gross and we like bacon, its just disney nonsense.

I just hate the use of the word love, its been bandied about so much like its just a bit of a bond or affection in this thread. I've been in love, its an incredibly strong and powerful emotion, and something an animal incapable of speech or thought is simply not capable of producing, and I dislike the bastardization of it by nonsense like the above video, that's not love!

now i personally don't believe it was cpr nor for making a comfy position to sit. i do however dissagree that animals can't love. there are often clear cases of animals showing love. for example there are cases where one animal will be killed and the other will nudge or sit by it for hours. what makes animals so clearly different to humans. humans do not listen to their emotions. the reason why we don't clearly see this love is because animals have less of a chance for it as we try to keep pets seperate either by sex or otherwise to avoid breeding. we also wouldn't see them in their wild habitat. also how exactly do you think an animal would show love more clearly than being protective and staying with its partner. they can't cry or write poetry as you put it. surely being protective is the clearist way hey can exhibit love.
Reply 53
Original post by giantlemon
now i personally don't believe it was cpr nor for making a comfy position to sit. i do however dissagree that animals can't love. there are often clear cases of animals showing love. for example there are cases where one animal will be killed and the other will nudge or sit by it for hours. what makes animals so clearly different to humans. humans do not listen to their emotions. the reason why we don't clearly see this love is because animals have less of a chance for it as we try to keep pets seperate either by sex or otherwise to avoid breeding. we also wouldn't see them in their wild habitat. also how exactly do you think an animal would show love more clearly than being protective and staying with its partner. they can't cry or write poetry as you put it. surely being protective is the clearist way hey can exhibit love.

I was being facetious when I mentioned poetry ffs, and all these people claiming, oh the CATS IN LOVE have watched too many cartoons, it sticks around because there is some pair bonding on a chemical level but its not emotional in the slightest, dedication is not love! I spend 8 hours a week in the gym because I'm dedicated not because I'm in love with the gym!

Animals are protective because its part of their evolutionary make up and mindset, the whole point of reproduction is to pass on your seed, if you abandon your young as soon as they are born its clearly not going to help that hence the protection of the young and anyway there are countless cases of cats eating their own kittens, look at this

OH YEAH THAT CAT'S REALLY LOVING!!!!

Reply 54
haha at the end, the guys like "got me some dinner"

nah kidding, thats sad
Reply 55
He's obviously trying to make a bed out of her.
Was sad like but never in a million years would I cry to that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
Surprised 4chan haven't castrated the car driver tbh.
Reply 58
Evil cars:frown: .. I cried, poor cats. How can anyone be cruel towards such lovely animals?
Reply 59
My nan died today so I came on TSR to cheer myself up and I get this...:puppyeyes: :cry:
Beautiful vid though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending