The Student Room Group

Uni with low entry requirements

So, my back up Uni Man Met have discontinued my course so I need another uni to replace it doing either Politics/communication/media type thing.

The original requirements were CCC so I need something to replace it with around the same requirements BEFORE 6PM tonight as that's when UCAS need my replacement.

I already have 3 offers and an interview from my preferred unis, so this is my back up just incase I don't get what I need for those because I definitely need to go to uni this year because of the whole tuition fee shizzle going down.

So, I NEED HELP! Just recommend a Uni I can look at? Or even recommend one which is generous with unconditional offers :biggrin:

CHEERS!
Hannah x

Scroll to see replies

why not look at london unis? maybe queen mary, city or something along those lines?
Reply 2
Lancaster is my preferred choice, however I've heard it all before, and I'll do what my heart is in and not what someone else thinks is "useless". But anyway.. replacement course?
Reply 3
She didn't ask for you opinion on her choice of course, for all we know you're the one doing a useless degree.
Reply 4
Original post by LadyGaGa
She didn't ask for you opinion on her choice of course, for all we know you're the one doing a useless degree.

Thank you! :biggrin:
What this lad said :ditto: The others are a complete waste of time and money in this economic climate. However if it's what you want to do then good luck to you

Could look at London Metropolitan, Thames Valley, Marjons (Plymouth), Bolton, University of East London or South Bank University. They're likely to offer what you're after :yes:
Reply 6
http://www.derby.ac.uk/international-relations-and-global-development-joint-honours?csId=&courseQuery=polit

offer 240 ucas points

edit--
you could do 2 or 3 way Joint with Broadcast media and/or something else.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Hannahismee
So, my back up Uni Man Met have discontinued my course so I need another uni to replace it doing either Politics/communication/media type thing.

The original requirements were CCC so I need something to replace it with around the same requirements BEFORE 6PM tonight as that's when UCAS need my replacement.

I already have 3 offers and an interview from my preferred unis, so this is my back up just incase I don't get what I need for those because I definitely need to go to uni this year because of the whole tuition fee shizzle going down.

So, I NEED HELP! Just recommend a Uni I can look at? Or even recommend one which is generous with unconditional offers :biggrin:

CHEERS!
Hannah x

Portsmouth? There typical offers are around 240 points for politics

CHEERS!
Hannah x

First of all, when did they tell you this? Because if it's today, phone UCAS up and tell them that's just **** - they can't give you a few hours, on a day when you've been in school for most of it, to choose a university. For all they know, you're trying to find another first choice uni.

As for unis, depends on what way you want to go. If you want to stick to the cross between media and politics, perhaps international relations and journalism at De Montfort or media and politics at Liverpool Hope or media and international relations at Nottingham Trent.
Reply 9

CHEERS!
Hannah x

University of Chester, I have it on good authority that the Politics courses are pretty good :smile:
Reply 10
solent?
Reply 11
Yeah they told me I have until 6PM tonight, there's nothing I can really do about it, if thats when they say I have to decide then thats when I have to decide.
How on earth did you write a personal statement that expressed a desire to study all those different subjects :lolwut:
Reply 13
I have no idea but I did it :P Three offers (WAS four) and an interview my friend!
Yeah they told me I have until 6PM tonight, there's nothing I can really do about it, if thats when they say I have to decide then thats when I have to decide.

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/about_us/contact_us/#csu

They're still open - phone them now and complain about it. Tell them they cannot reasonably expect you to decide on the place you could spend thee years of your life studying at within a couple of hours. IMO, they should be giving you until at least 1800 hours tomorrow; gives you time to actually look into them rather than take suggestions from people on TSR (and we've just looked at the UCAS listings) and maybe even visit.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Birkbeck, University of London? Much better reputation than South Bank, London Met etc etc
Original post by cybergrad
Birkbeck, University of London? Much better reputation than South Bank, London Met etc etc

Depending on what you want from uni, though, has the potential to be nowhere near an enjoyable.
Reply 17
Righto, Gonna ring them now, and plead for an extension.
Reply 18
Original post by TheSownRose
Depending on what you want from uni, though, has the potential to be nowhere near an enjoyable.

That's true, people say student life at Birkbeck is dead, usually it is geared towards mature students that work full time(this has changed slightly because now they offer some full time daytime courses). Some say they can compensate for this by joining the rest of the University of London student unions and societies. This of course is something for the OP to consider, I just gave her another option.
(edited 13 years ago)
Righto, Gonna ring them now, and plead for an extension.

Let us know how it goes/has gone. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending