The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blueflare
It sucks Simon had to die. Couldn't he have worn a bullet-proof vest, saved Alisha, and then gone back to the future...?

How do you know it wasn't a one way trip?
I ****ing love Misfits! It's probably one of the best programmes around IMO. And I don't say that about many :awesome:
Reason why Misfits works is because they don't put much emphasis on special effects (which if they were bad, people would notice and if they were good, they would run into budget problems like Heroes). Basically, allows much of the effort to be concentrated on a good story.

I hope. :teeth:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I ****ing love Misfits! It's probably one of the best programmes around IMO. And I don't say that about many :awesome:

:five:
Original post by History-Student
How do you know it wasn't a one way trip?

I don't. We still have no idea how the whole time travel thing came about.
Scientifically, I believe going forwards is more probable than going backwards... so if he went back he should be able to go forward... unless he just met someone with the power to send people back, one way, as you say.
Okay I'm rambling. :p:
Reply 245
Original post by lewisrae95
True. What's the song?

The Rapture - Echoes

Original post by s_libra
I love the song at the end, can't stop listening to it :smile:

What is it? :smile:

I absolutely love Misfits, I agree to it being one of the best shows on TV.
Reply 246
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Reason why Misfits works is because they don't put much emphasis on special effects (which if they were bad, people would notice and if they were good, they would run into budget problems like Heroes). Basically, allows much of the effort to be concentrated on a good story.

I hope. :teeth:

Completely agree. It's just so simple and true (Like, how usual teenagers would act, minus the superpowers etc.)

:five: :awesome:

Speaking of best programmes, I'd also put Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty in that category too. And maybe Skins too, if series 4 didn't ruin it by being so dire :erm:. But yeah, there are lots of shows I like, but only a select few that I love :biggrin:

Next episode of Misfits needs to hurry up! :teeth:
Reply 248
Original post by gummers
Completely agree. It's just so simple and true (Like, how usual teenagers would act, minus the superpowers etc.)

I agree. I've come across people who are similar to all of the Misfits bar Nathan. I mean, I've known some right pricks who've pushed boundaries a little but I've never known anyone to go as far as Nathan and completely rip people apart :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by littlelakefairies
it love the quote from Nathan in the last episode in the first serious
YOU BURIED ME ALIVE YOU ****S!!
second series is now showing on channel 4 and E4 and its fantastic! and I sometime really want to give simon a hug because so sweet and get treated a dog mess

Why on earth is the word "dick" censored? :s-smilie: Or was it something else? :hmmmm: I remember watching the advert where he says that, and it made me laugh when I heard a massive bleep :lol:

Original post by Yawn11

- Simon's power isn't time travel why is he able to do it?

I think he might have had some sort of time machine :dontknow:. After all, this show is sci-fi, so that wouldn't surprise me.

Original post by History-Student

By the power of TRUE LOVE!!! (See Magneto being able to touch Rogue in the old X-Men comics).

I came up with this same conclusion too! :yep: That Alisha's power is only overrided when touched by the one she is in love with, ie, she can only have meaningful sex, with someone who she's in love with. I wasn't quite sure what the point of her power was, but I'm thinking now that it's maybe just a way for her to see sex in a different way, and herself in a different way. Which is interesting, because that is kinda how some people think as well :holmes:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 250

I came up with this same conclusion too! :yep: That Alisha's power is only overrided when touched by the one she is in love with, ie, she can only have meaningful sex, with someone who she's in love with. I wasn't quite sure what the point of her power was, but I'm thinking now that it's maybe just a way for her to see sex in a different way, and herself in a different way. Which is interesting, because that is kinda how some people think as well :holmes:.

:s-smilie: I was under the assumption that they may have lost their powers. Future Simon never did turn invisible and when Alisha asked him how he was able to touch her he said, "things are different in the future."

My theory could be completely wrong though :erm:
Original post by Onyx.
:s-smilie: I was under the assumption that they may have lost their powers. Future Simon never did turn invisible and when Alisha asked him how he was able to touch her he said, "things are different in the future."

My theory could be completely wrong though :erm:

:zomg: I never thought that! You have a good theory there :holmes:. So true, I hardly noticed that he never turned invisible. I just kinda assumed he preferred the costume disguise for some reason.

Then again though, if they lose their powers in the future, doesn't Present Alisha still have hers? Shouldn't it have still worked on Future Simon then? Gosh, this programme is very mind-boggling!
Reply 252
Are there only going to be 6 episodes in this series too?
By making the current story line so complex, and going way into the future, I'm hoping they plan on making quite a few more series out of it.
Reply 254
:zomg: I never thought that! You have a good theory there :holmes:. So true, I hardly noticed that he never turned invisible. I just kinda assumed he preferred the costume disguise for some reason.

Then again though, if they lose their powers in the future, doesn't Present Alisha still have hers? Shouldn't it have still worked on Future Simon then? Gosh, this programme is very mind-boggling!

Oh darn I didn't think of that :s-smilie:
Well I guess my theory's now severely flawed :tongue:

No idea then... I'm so confused. I agree, I can't wrap around this whole time travel business lol.

Edit :

Original post by SHABANA

:sadnod:

Now we're on episode 4/6, I don't there is a big storyline to the series as a whole like the previous one. I think it's just going to be a separate plot for each episode.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by SHABANA

7 there is a Christmas special as well.

:five: :awesome:

Speaking of best programmes, I'd also put Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty in that category too. And maybe Skins too, if series 4 didn't ruin it by being so dire :erm:. But yeah, there are lots of shows I like, but only a select few that I love :biggrin:

Next episode of Misfits needs to hurry up! :teeth:

Never watched Desperate or Betty. Skins story lines are ridiculous sometimes. :colonhash:

IM COOK!
Future simon dies :cry2:

Does this mean that once Simon goes back to the past he's gone forever? Cos he won't come back if he dies there :confused:

I think i remember him saying "those were the best days of my life" referring to doing community service, which suggests that it wont end happily for him :frown:

But i still love misfits :biggrin:
Original post by minimus777
Future simon dies :cry2:

Does this mean that once Simon goes back to the past he's gone forever? Cos he won't come back if he dies there :confused:

Nope, he'll live. Now that Future Simon has travelled and amended events, he's created an alternate timeline in which the select characters don't die ... so Present Simon won't ever travel back in time, in the future, and hence die.
Nope, he'll live. Now that Future Simon has travelled and amended events, he's created an alternate timeline in which the select characters don't die ... so Present Simon won't ever travel back in time, in the future, and hence die.

I so hope you're right, and if you are i'll love you forever :biggrin:

I love the new Simon :love:

*crossess fingers and hopes he doesn't die*

Quick Reply

Latest