The Student Room Group

I feel discriminated against because of my race.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If that's the case I'd recommend you to go back where you're from, maybe from there you can have loads n loads of girls.
Original post by Anonymous
ok , i didn't make myself clear. What i was really annoyed about was what i could see which was pure dislike for me for some odd reason. Bordering on hatred. I wasn't fussed that they weren't attracted to me on that night in the grand scheme of things because i never go out precisely for this reason. What i was annoyed about was that feeling that they disliked me BECAUSE of my skin, dislike, as in not related to attraction.

Doubt that the majority of white people in this country hate Chinese people and spend all day trying to cover it up. I think you're being paranoid. Probably a lot of girls just aren't attracted to Chinese guys, not their fault.

EDIT: It's wrong to say Chinese guys can't be attractive. If you're one of the girls who aren't attracted to Chinese guys, you could say "He's handsome but I'm not attracted to him". Nothing wrong with that at all, and OP take it from a white british person here that definitely most people do not hate you because you're chinese.. and if there's a girl who isn't attracted to you then there's going to be another one who is. Don't worry about girls who aren't interested in you.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by CharlieBee_90
Where do you attend Uni? The area you're living in could make a whole lot of difference.

I've lived in the north east all my life, and i go to Newcastle Uni.
Reply 23
How do you know they're being racist? There are a million other reasons why they might not like you.
Reply 24
Yes, i know that. That is why i don't go out much. But objectively, i know i'm a lot better looking than most of the guys there lol (high cheekbones, defined jawline, v-shaped body). And physically stronger/decent height. So i was rightfully pissed off.

But this point about political correctness not regarding the nightlife scene. . . it implies the natives here really do try to hold their tongues in day to day life. And i can see that face of things come out when people lose their facades with alcohol.

Rightfully pissed off? A) Its just your opinion that you were way better looking B) Maybe its personality C) You go out for the night and get rejected by all the girls...happens to the white guys too. You can't just assume its your race.
Reply 25
I sort of get the impression that asians orientals are only attracted to girls of ttheir own race. When I see an asian guy i always seem him with an asian girl. However that is what i see might not be the same for every one.
Reply 26
Original post by Arenas123
Hate to say it but are you sure it's not something you're doing ?

I'm not saying racism still isn't alive but I think if you hang around with the more educated people of our age (assuming you're 18-25) then you don't get much at all. Maybe I'm biased because London is very multicultural place but still.

I went to a private school (this is only relevant because even though my parents are both doctors, this school was 90% white people who were mostly much richer than me. I'm talking about 18 year olds with bentleys rich and that was the ''competition'') and at this school there was a group of 5 girls who were literally known as the gorgeous group of girls by our year and the years above and below. I've been going out with one of these girls for 16 months and another girl in the group is going out with an oriental guy like you.

He may be the exception to the rule but he's the only oriental guy I know well. Actually a girl I have an facebook who's one of those girls they pay to go around clubs in very little clothing (not my type but still she's hot) is going out with an oriental guy.

I'm indian asian btw and I know many guys of my race that get gorgeous girls of every race. I used to play basketball with an indian guy who was 6''3 funny, charming, mysterious, very well dressed etc. and he was extremely good with girls. In fact he was envied by every other guy on the team for the girls he got. He told me once that a few girls he'd been with had said the words ''before meeting you I would never consider being with an asian guy''.

Sorry for the rant but the point I'm trying to make is that you should try and improve yourself. So even if there is racism be the exception to the rule. Maybe you need to try meeting other girls because I'm sorry but from what I've seen in my life even if you only like white girls (not saying you do) then them being racist is a rubbish excuse for not having a girl. You need to put yourself out there, maybe go to some socs at university that would allow a girl to get to know you first ? If like you say you are not bad looking, if you put yourself out there you will find a girl.

Good to read, as an Indian :tongue:

It's not my fault I'm of a supreme race?

On the other hand, stop making excuses for yourself and try getting with girls that you can get.
Reply 28
Okay, everyone else is giving the sympathy so I'll give you the best tip:

1. It's real easy to be paranoid/get hung up and wrongly perceive other people, I imagine especially if you're of a different race. So, regardless of what you may think it looks like, go in with a positive mindset like colour isn't an issue.

2. Learn how to smile. Not like a cheesy overeager grin or a creepy rapist smile, just a nice casual laid back + hi. Chances are she'll smile back. That's when you ask for her name or show interest or whatever.
Reply 29
Come to Lawwwndaann Town.
Reply 30
I went out tonight to a social at my university. And not for the first time, i get rejected by a load of girls most of whom i wasn't even trying to do anything with. It's subtle, but i can feel the racism they have and especially the prejudices they hold against me.

I'm not a abnormal guy physically by any means. I was the same height as most of the guys there, lookswise i was better than a lot of the guys who got girls, i go to the gym regularly, everything else is perfectly fine.

This is what makes me wonder, i hold the same energy levels as the guy sitting next to me when a girl came over for a conversation. Yet, she keeps eye contact with him 90% of the time. And also, she initiates getting his phone number later. Now, this guy is no looker, he is only a bit taller than me too. So physically, it was pretty even.
I don't know what i did wrong tbh, because these girls who i didn't know (no one knew each other) looked at me like i was not worth anything... and that gets to my head. That i have nothing wrong with me , but there IS something wrong.

Now, maybe i have the wrong end of the stick. Maybe i just suck with women, but there is a big feeling that they dislike me because of my race (i'm Chinese by ethnicity, Northern origins). I got groped in the balls by some lesbian (as did a mate) but i didn't know if that was just banter. I just don't know and i hate this.
It hurts everytime i go out (i don't go out much because this always happens) and especially when i think about the girl i was in love with who was mixed race Chinese who wanted nothing to do with me because she only hung around white people (her words, i got her to admit it).

How is it racism? Not all girls are attracted to Chinese guys the same way some girls like only short guys or tall eyes ect.
Not being attracted to someone is not racism.
Original post by ipulledhermione
Bad phrase, i meant as in girls not being all over them :s-smilie:

Sorry.

yeah but why would you even say that in the first place? :confused:
Reply 33
If you think country is bad, try China.
Reply 34
Why don't you try meeting girls of your race?
Original post by Margaret Thatcher
Sorry, but people can't be politically correct in who they are attracted to.

as much as i tend to not like the dross that you spout day in day out on TSR i must admit you are spot on here :five:
Reply 36
OP, so your saying that you're attracted to girls of every single race?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by wassupjg
Good to read, as an Indian :tongue:

Merr too many of my asian friends (Note I've said my friends and am not talking about every asian) use there race as a scapegoat for themselves to why they are bad at getting girls.

I've had a friend who we told to approach this girl he was eyeing up to which he responded with ''she looks racist'' so me and my white friend went over and got her number. He still doesn't get the point and frequently uses this excuse.

Frankly race isn't important to me. I've seen gorgeous girls of every race :smile:

The way I see it what are the chances a girl actually says ''oh f**k of you *insert racist word**'' ? Nobody is going to say that to you and anyone that does isn't worth your while.

I know a lot of asian guys that use it as an excuse though. She must of knocked me back because I'm asian. That is probably not the case

I read in FHM a while back that even the most successful man will only be successful in 4 out of 10 approaches to a girl and most people are 2/3. Your choice is simple, have no gf's or have 3 women for every 7 times you get rejected. I'm glad I go for the latter :smile: I've been rejected many times. Twice by the girl I'm with now and I regularly use her rejections against her and it gets me a lot of fun times :wink:
Original post by Death.
It's to be expected. In a country where the majority are white, prejudice will occur against other races.

It isn't convenient, but it is human nature and a reality.

Whereabouts the country do you live anyway? In diverse areas in the South-East of England, around London etc... this type of prejudice would probably not even exist.

Not being funny here but ENgland as a whole is very tolerant compared to other countries. Aside from France (whom recently deported Roma gypsies from their lands) people will stop stare and point at me. Not only that, in Tenerife I recieved a lot of ill treatment, ironically for being English, but the point still stands.

Back to the issue, what can you do really. The four worst things a man can be in the dating world is short, bald, fat and Asian. I got two of the four and it's only a matter of time before the other two become a reality. At least you have good bones and height. Some girls, although a rarity for a young women (as they tend to get a boyfriend to prove to their girlfriend that they are good so try to get one they fancy instead), would be attracted to Asians or at least open minded.
Tbh OP, I really do not think this is racism. Oriental guys are hot (I'm black btw) and I know a lot of girls from various races who share this view. You may be slightly paranoid about them showing hatred towards you, perhaps because of the experience you had with the girl you were in love with and how it affected you. I have experienced racism, its not this. As long as no one of them has actually said 'I hate you because you are chinese' you can't conclude that any of them are racist, or even hate you. It could just be all in your head. Also you should move to London, you'll get way more female attention, might even be approached by a modelling agency if you have the fabulous cheekbones you've described.

Quick Reply

Latest