The Student Room Group

What to do when you don't have a CLUE?

Well looking at the thread title, maybe I should be become a poet instead of a psychologist! Hmm..

ANYWAY.

I have an assignment due in 2 weeks time. We had three to do this term, and the other two are sorted.. but I haven't the foggiest about this one! Looking at the question, it seemed straight forward, but reading more into it is only confusing me further!

I completely misunderstood what the title was asking, and now I'm back at square one.. I've written 250 words in 4 hours, and have to write 3,000 words eventually!

What do you do when you just don't even know where to start or what to say, and know that whatever you do say will be total rubbish?

:frown:
Go and speak to the lecturer.
Ask your mates? Or your lecturer?
if you do a huge amount of reading (and in two days, you can do an enormous amount of reading) you will get some sort of idea. Also you have the added benefit of quoting from lots of fabulous sources.

Additionally, Id say walk away from it for two days, and dont even think about it. Youve still got enough time if you have two weeks. Then come back to it, take the simplest thought that comes into your head and that should be the correct reading. Whats the question?
Original post by Gemma :)!
Well looking at the thread title, maybe I should be become a poet instead of a psychologist! Hmm..

If that doesn't work out for you, you could always try comedy...

ANYWAY.

I have an assignment due in 2 weeks time. We had three to do this term, and the other two are sorted.. but I haven't the foggiest about this one! Looking at the question, it seemed straight forward, but reading more into it is only confusing me further!

I completely misunderstood what the title was asking, and now I'm back at square one.. I've written 250 words in 4 hours, and have to write 3,000 words eventually!

What do you do when you just don't even know where to start or what to say, and know that whatever you do say will be total rubbish?

Read bolded bit and proceed. You're welcome.
Original post by xxxchrisxxx
Read bolded bit and proceed. You're welcome.

Yes it LOOKED simple at the beginning, but then when I started reading all the material for it I realised it wasn't simple in the slightest!
Reply 7
Make a thread about it on TSR?
Original post by Lintu93
Make a thread about it on TSR?

Haha, procrastination to the max! :wink:

It's kind of coming clearer now (incase anybody cares) and I've done 394/3000 words.. I know it's not much, but it's 394 words more than I thought I was going to be able to write a couple of hours ago!

Always, always, always a sign that you haven't done enough prep reading. Every time this happens to me its because I haven't read enough yet and have tried to start without enough preparation.

Put a hold on writing for now and get your head in some journals. It will make sense with reading.
Oh dear, i get this all the time too.
I do a bit of research on it in the internet and then go back to it.
If im still not sure about it, i ask some people who knows it or just go back after a few hours. (I procastinate a lot :p: )
It takes me forever to analyze it, i think sometimes i over-analyzed it a bit.
Reply 11
Getting off TSR and getting some work done would be a start.
Haha this happened with my History dissertation until I shelved my lameass idea and did what my lecturer said I should do. :p:
If it doesn't become clearer, ask the lecturer about it.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Always, always, always a sign that you haven't done enough prep reading. Every time this happens to me its because I haven't read enough yet and have tried to start without enough preparation.

Put a hold on writing for now and get your head in some journals. It will make sense with reading.

Thanks, I read a couple more last night and it is making a little more sense now, so I think I should be able to write most of it :smile: I think I just panicked a little yesterday because I normally understand things straight away.. infact this is the first piece of work I've ever started that I didn't 100% understand right from the start. But I'm feeling a bit better about it after a good night's sleep :-)
Original post by Prime500
Getting off TSR and getting some work done would be a start.

You know, it's impossible for people to work nonstop with no break? So shut up if you don't have anything helpful to say.
Reply 15

ANYWAY.

Work backwards if you can't work forewards - find an agreeable answer for the question and find evidence to back it up.
Reply 16
You know, it's impossible for people to work nonstop with no break? So shut up if you don't have anything helpful to say.

My advice was helpful.
Original post by Prime500
My advice was helpful.

It really wasn't :smile:
Reply 18
It really wasn't :smile:

:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending