The Student Room Group

HELP!! Noone to celebrate new year with

This post is really sad, but I want to celebrate new year with friends and have fun, but I have no 'close' friends to celebrate with.

All the people I know are going to be celebrating with other 'friends', people different from this group and im left out. I'm not going to ask them if I can tag along because if they wanted me their they would have asked, and I dont want to seem like im desperate to them, as they think I have other friends, which I dont have anymore as I lost touch, which wasnt necessarily my fault as I had alot of issues to deal with at the time. I've lost touch with so many people, I've tried contacting a few, saying we should meet up sometime, but they just say 'yeah...', and we leave it at that. I dont even have facebook anymore, as I'm worried people will judge me for not knowing many people. I mean...i know some great people at uni, but they think I have alot of friends back home, which I dont. If i was to get fb again, they would know the truth, and I would feel so awkward.

I dont really know how to get out of this situation apart from telling the truth to everyone that im in a bad social situation at the moment, but I cant risk being rejected by the few people I have left, who I lied to. I mean I do meet up with my 'friends' occasionally when everyone is home from uni, but thats about it. I have nothing in common with them anymore. I also dont want my family, cousins etc, to think im a loser when im doing nothing for new year, I know it upsets and alienates my sister when she thinks I dont have anyone and im not happy. I basically just want everyone to think im happy with my social life, while i try to rebuild it.

Dam, this topic sounds so shallow and immature, but it really isnt, I just want everyone to think and feel like im 'part' of a group and think im happy, which I am, just not with this social **** going on. Anyway, so, i know this is sad, but could anyone of you guys invite me out for new year? I have nowhere else to turn to right now. I'm quite social, average looking, 20 british indian, 5ft 6 1/2, from kingston. I would be so grateful... and I will pay for your drinks all night! X

I can send pics as well. :smile:
bump
Reply 2
pay for my drinks all night? does this include bottles?
Reply 3
Original post by toofaforu
pay for my drinks all night? does this include bottles?

This LOL. Kingston too, close by :smile:
Do you mean like tag a long out with me and my friends?
I'm going to celebrate it with this big fat snowball I made yesterday. I named it Parvinder Gurpreet Singh.
Reply 5
Original post by oh-my-diddy
I'm going to celebrate it with this big fat snowball I made yesterday. I named it Parvinder Gurpreet Singh.

lol I guess that's a common name. I know a Parvinder Singh, not sure if his middle name is Gurpreet though.

Original post by Psyk
lol I guess that's a common name. I know a Parvinder Singh, not sure if his middle name is Gurpreet though.

Oh it must be. If not, it's probably 'Sanjeet' or 'Bob'
Reply 7
:frown: I feel so bad for you!
you don't need to go out though - just say you are staying in to save money or something?
If you did go out with random strangers then you are likely to be alienated and have a crappy night - so maybe it isn't the best option?
Reply 8
Original post by veelon
:frown: I feel so bad for you!
you don't need to go out though - just say you are staying in to save money or something?
If you did go out with random strangers then you are likely to be alienated and have a crappy night - so maybe it isn't the best option?

Are you kidding? With a few drinks, random strangers become friends!
Reply 9
I'm from near Kingston but going out in london... Dunno it's a bit wierd but I'd quite like to help, my old housemate was like this and took ages to tell me he didn't have many friends and it looked like he plucked a lot of courage up to tell me. I helped him out after that, invited him out everywhere and we had a great time, he's a great guy. So I know where you're coming from... But you're a random so not sure lol
Reply 10
Do you do any drugs? Cos I'll be off my face, so if you do, would be a qaulity night but if not, it won't work I'm afraid
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending