The Student Room Group

Go from Strength to Strength - Graduate Opportunities at Ernst & Young

Hello all, I'm Mandy and I help with the marketing campaigns for Ernst & Young's graduate programmes. If you would like to find out more about our graduate opportunities, please get in touch and I'll be happy to answer any questions.
Reply 1
Original post by Ernst & Young
Hello all, I'm Mandy and I help with the marketing campaigns for Ernst & Young's graduate programmes. If you would like to find out more about our graduate opportunities, please get in touch and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Hi. Say I want to apply for a grad programme at EY after my degree. What sort of programme would best suit the skills I've gained by doing student journalism?
Reply 2

Hello Mandy.

I would have loved to join Ernst & Young through a graduate programme but I can't because of the pre-set UCAS requirements. My progress at University has been outstanding and I'm on track to get a 1st. Are there ever any exceptions given for an outstanding application (extra-curricular activities, running own profitable company etc). I've secured assessment centres at three other Blue-chip organisations that do not require a certain amount of UCAS points. Thank you for your time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Hello mandy. Please could you tell me why your company filter applications based on gcse results?

I am a mature student, on route to a first class degree in computer science (in my final year) but i seemed to get filtered from applications at Ernst and Young (filtered for year in industry jobs at least)because i have a c in GCSE in maths which i did over 10 years ago, yet the mathmatical content in my computer science degree is much harder than anything i did at gcse (i scored over 85% in both maths units on my degree course)

There were some really interesting positions i saw when looking at your website, but had i may aswell give up in landing a graduate position for the same failings that i had when searching for a year in industry.

Regards

Ricki
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Don John

Original post by Don John
Hi. Say I want to apply for a grad programme at EY after my degree. What sort of programme would best suit the skills I've gained by doing student journalism?

Hello,
We don't specify a particular degree discipline for the majority of our roles so you would be eligible to apply for an entry route that interests you. It's not necessary to have a relevant degree, as we'll provide all the training and knowledge you'll need to be effective in the role and department you join. Our careers website (www.ey.com/uk/careers) will provide details on all our entry routes and current vacancies. You may also wish to read the Student Stories on the site to understand the type of work and projects our recent graduates have been involved in to get a better understanding of the various service lines & entry routes.
Mandy
Original post by Herculean

Original post by Herculean
Hello Mandy.

I would have loved to join Ernst & Young through a graduate programme but I can't because of the pre-set UCAS requirements. My progress at University has been outstanding and I'm on track to get a 1st. Are there ever any exceptions given for an outstanding application (extra-curricular activities, running own profitable company etc). I've secured assessment centres at three other Blue-chip organisations that do not require a certain amount of UCAS points. Thank you for your time.

Hi. When we review application forms for our graduate programmes, we look at the application as a whole. Even if you haven't met the requirements for one area of your academic achievements, we would look at your other academic achievements, work experience, positions of responsibility and your responses to the strengths-based questions on the application form and make a decision on the overall application. You also have the option on the application form to tell us if there were any circumstances which prevented you from achieving the grades you were expecting, as well as providing additional justification/reasoning to support your application.
Thanks, Mandy.
Original post by jermaindefoe

Original post by jermaindefoe
Hello mandy. Please could you tell me why your company filter applications based on gcse results?

I am a mature student, on route to a first class degree in computer science (in my final year) but i seemed to get filtered from applications at Ernst and Young (filtered for year in industry jobs at least)because i have a c in GCSE in maths which i did over 10 years ago, yet the mathmatical content in my computer science degree is much harder than anything i did at gcse (i scored over 85% in both maths units on my degree course)

There were some really interesting positions i saw when looking at your website, but had i may aswell give up in landing a graduate position for the same failings that i had when searching for a year in industry.

Regards

Ricki

Hi Ricki,

When we review application forms for our graduate programmes, we look at the application as a whole, rather than filtering applications based on one aspect of your academic achievements. Even if you haven't met the requirements for one area of your academic achievements, we would look at your other academic achievements, work experience, positions of responsibility and your responses to the strengths-based questions on the application form and make a decision on the overall application.

You also have the option on the application form to tell us if there were any circumstances which prevented you from achieving the grades you were expecting, as well as providing additional justification/reasoning to support your application.

Mandy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending