The Student Room Group

For those who have experienced heartbreak.

..Or severe emotional pain, however you want to put it. Having experienced this myself now, I was just wondering, where does this pain come from? Weirdly, it does seem to be a pain in my chest, so I suppose - literally in the heart, and it does intensify when I think about it and focus on it. How on earth does that even work? (No, smartarses out there, I do not have a medical condition, I'm in perfect physical health haha).
Did you know that there is actually such a thing as broken heart syndrome? The pain you are feeling is just a very minor form of that.
Reply 2
Original post by Glowy Amoeba
Did you know that there is actually such a thing as broken heart syndrome? The pain you are feeling is just a very minor form of that.

..That's crazy! I never knew there was an actual condition.. weird.
So the opposite sex can actually kill you by making your heart implode! Cool, huh?
Does my heart attack qualify me for this thread?
Reply 5
Original post by TheSownRose

Technically? Fraid not.
Original post by facetious
Technically? Fraid not.

:frown:
woow there's actually a condition on it?? yh been through it twice :'(

it's a killlerrrrrrrrrrrrrr
firt time i was 11 second time i was 15
Reply 8
Original post by TheSownRose

I would give you an honorary induction. Hope everyone is okay.

Agree that it can physically hurt like a bitch. But after a while you wake up one day and it doesn't hurt as much. You still miss them and would like to see them but it's not painful anymore. Lets face it experiences in life are best shared or they are lost just like tears in the rain.
Reply 9
When this happens to you the best thing to do is get yourself as quickly as possible involved in a hobby, interest or concern. The more you drown in your own self pity the worse it will get.

Actually the best option is not to be a sucker in the first place and fall so foolishly in love, it is a sure way to get yourself badly burnt. Best policy is to love yourself, friends and family most and be a bastard to your GF.

Then you won´t get burnt and girls love guys who treat them badly.
Reply 10
I know what you mean and it's a horrible feeling :frown:

The worst thing you can do, like someone said above, is sitting and feeling sorry for yourself, just makes you feel worse!! Need to keep yourself busy :smile:
Original post by Poem boy
When this happens to you the best thing to do is get yourself as quickly as possible involved in a hobby, interest or concern. The more you drown in your own self pity the worse it will get.

Actually the best option is not to be a sucker in the first place and fall so foolishly in love, it is a sure way to get yourself badly burnt. Best policy is to love yourself, friends and family most and be a bastard to your GF.Then you won´t get burnt and girls love guys who treat them badly.

the bit i bolded really caught my attention.what if the girl your being a bastard to ACTUALLY loves you a hell of alot than what you think?
What if your meant to treat her way better?
Reply 12
Original post by Menakshelatte
the bit i bolded really caught my attention.what if the girl your being a bastard to ACTUALLY loves you a hell of alot than what you think?
What if your meant to treat her way better?

I am just giving a male perspective here, which can work both ways. Love and relationships are very Machiavelian at times and all I was offering was a protection strategy from a male perspective. This could also apply to females though.

Also I am writing from the perspective of men who get their hearts broken and how for them to prevent this in the first place, because 90% of the time it happens to them because their feelings get the better of them and the woman they are with perceives them as weak too early on.

But hey, this is only my opinion.
I am just giving a male perspective here, which can work both ways. Love and relationships are very Machiavelian at times and all I was offering was a protection strategy from a male perspective. This could also apply to females though.

Also I am writing from the perspective of men who get their hearts broken and how for them to prevent this in the first place, because 90% of the time it happens to them because their feelings get the better of them and the woman they are with perceives them as weak too early on.

But hey, this is only my opinion.

In that case, women, treat your boyfriends like **** too. You know, to avoid getting hurt.
Reply 14
Original post by RoshniDiya
In that case, women, treat your boyfriends like **** too. You know, to avoid getting hurt.

Treat em mean, keep em keen. :-)

The world is a cruel place.

ok..i have nothing to say to this..you baffed me
I just hope you find what you want then.
A girl who keeps you keen that you go crazy for and that treats you like s***
Reply 16
Original post by facetious
..Or severe emotional pain, however you want to put it. Having experienced this myself now, I was just wondering, where does this pain come from? Weirdly, it does seem to be a pain in my chest, so I suppose - literally in the heart, and it does intensify when I think about it and focus on it. How on earth does that even work? (No, smartarses out there, I do not have a medical condition, I'm in perfect physical health haha).

There's a thing in reflexology that is located in the chest just above the stomach - of where you speak - and it's called the solarplexis (or something like that) That's the root of emotions, especially the ones you're talking about.

Lol... not really sure where you're getting your logic from. If i had a boyfriend who treated me badly, he'd definitely be out the door within a few minutes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending