The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ahhh I can't believe it's taken me so long to find this thread!! Love love love Merlin :smile:
Last episode was so good! I love how Gwaine just keeps popping back ^^ Can't wait till this saturday to see what happens...
Reply 281
The way that Morgana manages to change her skin-tone / eye make-up / lip colour / cheek bone emphasis between betraying Uthur, pissing off merlin and keeping in touch with her sister is truly remarkable. Apart from that Merlin is the ultimate guilty pleasure! :cool:
Am I the only one stoked that Lancelot is coming back? :biggrin:
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Am I the only one stoked that Lancelot is coming back? :biggrin:

Nope, I'm happy too :grin:. I love Arthur and Gwen but Lancelot is just :drool:.
Reply 284
love it
I'm confused :/

Why does Uther go "you have no right to the throne"?

Well wasn't that the point of the invasion (the whole winner takes it kinda mentality) and secondly didn't Uther conquer Camelot in the first place so it's not really like he has that much rights...
So excited for the next episode
I thought the final episode would be double length but it's just a regular 40 minute episode. Bah, they'll have it wrapped up so quickly.

At least it's getting another season. But only 10 episodes? What's up with the BBC. This show has gone up against X Factor and consistently done well.
Reply 288
Original post by silent ninja
I thought the final episode would be double length but it's just a regular 40 minute episode. Bah, they'll have it wrapped up so quickly.

At least it's getting another season. But only 10 episodes? What's up with the BBC. This show has gone up against X Factor and consistently done well.

I read an interview on digital spy with the producer saying that it was due to budget cuts rather unpopularity. More upsetting is the fact that he said that it would be shown until early 2012
Reply 289
Original post by greenpeas
I read an interview on digital spy with the producer saying that it was due to budget cuts rather unpopularity. More upsetting is the fact that he said that it would be shown until early 2012

as in that would be the last series :confused:
Original post by humy369

I think greenpeas meant it wouldn't be shown until early 2012 as Dr Who is being split into the two parts next year. One in Spring and the other in Autmn. Therefore there won't be the space to put Merlin in next year during Late Summer/ Early Autumn into December.
Reply 291
Original post by wabbajack123
I'm confused :/

Why does Uther go "you have no right to the throne"?

Well wasn't that the point of the invasion (the whole winner takes it kinda mentality) and secondly didn't Uther conquer Camelot in the first place so it's not really like he has that much rights...

Perhaps he means Morgause has no royal blood, or isn't a noble. That, or it's another of his crazy double standards :tongue:
Reply 292
Original post by humy369

No they're already talking about a series 5 in 2013 (i assume)
Gutted its only 40 minutes tonight :frown:
Final episode! :dance:
:grin:
I'm watching part 1 again before the last episode comes on. I'm so excited!
Reply 296
Original post by greenpeas
No they're already talking about a series 5 in 2013 (i assume)

oh ok. i was getting worried there :redface:
Wtf no one discovered merlin's secret not even Morgana :/ They didn't even try to change the dynamic of the show did they... I look forward to more filler episodes in 13 months, not.
Omg such an awesome episode
Reply 299
What a fantastic end to the series, some really powerful stuff on our screens tonight. I loved the Morgana/Uther scene in the cells; you can completely tell that Uther's never going to be the same again after this. Losing Morgana shook him to the core, now the world as he knew it has collapsed around him. ASH was totally on the money tonight.

Absolutely loved the bromance moments, Bradley and Colin are just too adorable for their own good. I wish we'd had a few more scenes like the ones we saw tonight spread across the series- it's clearly in these times of need Arthur realises how truly important Merlin is to him. I have to say though, my favourite scene was probably the one with Lancelot and Merlin, "You're the one who should be knighted"- this whole episode seemed like a gateway to a "new beginning" and that scene (and the final scene of Arthur/Merlin on the steps) seemed to encapsulate that completely- it feels like it's been acknowledged that things have changed and will be changing, and one day the secrecy will burn away.

Mind's a bit of a blur, I'm sure I'll have more to comment on once I've let it settle a bit/watched again. :tongue:

Latest