The Student Room Group

What is one act of kindness that you recieved from a stranger?

Scroll to see replies

This girl once gave me 30p for the toilets in Paddington Station. :fan: Best poo ever. :poo:
Reply 161
I was on the train with my brother, we were arriving at the station after a 2 hour ride, and we realised we didn't have any money for the bus. I started saying, ''How are we gonna get home? no money.'' And a kind Indian man tapped me on the back, gave me a pound and said ''I've been there before.'', I said thanks a lot.
needed a bus ride which was about 1-2 miles, but oyster stopped working and had no cash...a nice man, who was probably retired, was talking to me at the bus stop...and he offered to pay for the bus ride which cost £2 at the time because of no oyster...

but i thanked him but declined his offer and decided to walk it instead...nice man...
Got told by a mum's friend (I'd never met her properly before though so she was practically a "stranger") I was going to break hearts with my eyes lol. No hearts have been broken yet but I've never forgotten what she said and how it raised my self esteem at the time.
Reply 164
Original post by SatanIsAwesome
Kind of you, not as kind as this guy though, since £5 > $5 :p:

I dunno, I think it'd be pretty cruel to give a hungry guy a bunch of money he couldn't actually exchange for foods, whatever the value :P

Funny to watch though the dawning look of realisation though.
ah this thread actuallly gives me faith in the human race!
Original post by crazybored

Why? 90% of this thread have been men trying to be white knights for girls for, lets say, obvious reasons.
I cant think of any. Lovely.
I remember leaving my laptop with bag and everything in it at a station once. It took 3 weeks, but finally a woman had handed it in to the police station and I got everything back, intact.
Original post by impossible!

Original post by impossible!
I cant think of any. Lovely.

impossible!
My brother passed out in the street due to a few too many beers and a restaurant owner sheltered him at 4:00am and gave him a hot meal till I got there to pick him up
Thanks for this thread, really brightened up my day :smile:
Human nature's not so bad after all.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Why? 90% of this thread have been men trying to be white knights for girls for, lets say, obvious reasons.

90%? Are we reading the same thread?
Most of them seem to be completely innocent. Quit ruining it with this 'ulterior motive' nonsense please :smile:
when I was coughing and spluttering at a water park because I was so close to the wave machine this guy kept asking if I was alright. I was about 11
Reply 174
Original post by crazybored

^_^ I like to think most humans are kind.
i've had several, both given and received.

a few complete strangers literally saved my life one time. i won't get into the details, but i'm still grateful and amazed that they did all that they did to help me when they didn't even know me.

i fainted one time in public and when i woke up and there were a bunch of people, men and women, standing around me, taking my pulse and making sure i was okay and such.

people doing the really small stuff like opening doors for me and letting me go ahead of them and such.

my friend used to leave me little treats sometimes on my desk in different classes. one time she baked me a batch of cookies, another time she left me a flower, another time she left me a necklace, etc. and with all of those she left me a letter. she's one of the sweetest and kindest people i know. :smile:

i've had a few times where i've been short on cash in a store, and they've let me buy it with what i've had, or someone else behind me has given me the amount i needed.

and i'm sure there are more. people tend to do a lost of random acts of kindness, but i don't really keep track of them all.
When I got my bus pass out of my pocket, I dropped a tenner. A guy stopped behind me, picked it up, and gave it back :smile:
Reply 177
Ages ago in Japan I was getting a lift home from school on the back of my mum's bicycle because my leg was in a cast and I couldn't walk (long story). It was pouring with rain and when we were at the zebra crossing I realised that it had stopped raining but when I looked up this woman was holding her umbrella over me :smile:
Reply 178
I use to volunteer in a charity shop and was selling ribbons on a door all day and this bloke bought me a kit kat. I was paranoid when he first gave it to me thinking it might be poisioned or something but it appeared to be unopened so I ate it and it was fine.

I was in the local newspapers after being mugged twice and an old aged pensioner couple who didn't know me sent me a get well card with some money in it. Kept in touch ever since. After the first time I got mugged some strangers took me to hospital in their car even though I was covered in blood.

On graduation day at university I was on my own as I got there before my mum and brother and I had no credit on my phone to contact them. I asked an ice cream man did he know where the nearest public phone box was and he let me use his mobile.
I remember being 6 or 7 and on my way to school with my cousin, I'd done something wrong and he was shouting at me, I made a huge fuss about him not being my mother and started crying. A man cycling past us asked if I was ok, completely ignored my cousin and addressed me, I said I was fine.

On my DofE expedition earlier this year I met a countless number of people who helped us on our way, one particular elderly couple showed us what trail to take and even offered to take us to the next check point, we declined as we didn’t want to lose any points. :lol:

A while back, on my way to school, it began to rain. When I arrived at the bus shelter there wasn’t any room for me to squeeze into, I stood there, soaking. A very kind woman stood over me with her umbrella, she just looked at me and smiled didn’t even try to initiate conversation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending