The Student Room Group

£70k starting salary!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mifou
If you wanted to get into that debate though, I'd ask: who do you blame for a wrecked house, the kids or the adults who vied to provide them with the cheap extra-strength cider they couldn't handle before running away?

But I suppose you're all for democracy. It's a limp argument.
Reply 81
70k is pretty much standard in IB (the guys get hourly mcdonalds wage though), perhaps edging top of the range for s&t
Original post by wazzup
70k is pretty much standard in IB (the guys get hourly mcdonalds wage though), perhaps edging top of the range for s&t

Top of the range trading is going to be double that. Don't be silly.
Reply 83
Original post by wazzup

Agree, although I have read up on the McDonald's wage and it doesn't some to be fully accurate in most cases.
Original post by President_Ben
I hated the bailouts. I would have been absolutely minted like crazy if they didn't happen.

If there were no bailouts, how many of your counterparties would have paid up?
I think the basic gist of this thread is...

Mahoosive salaries are available to UCL/LSE/Oxbridge graduates

BUT

Be prepared to sign your life and soul away to the job...
Original post by ilickbatteries
I think the basic gist of this thread is...

Mahoosive salaries are available to UCL/LSE/Oxbridge graduates

BUT

Be prepared to sign your life and soul away to the job...

horrible reasoning skills.

Larger than average salaries are available to IB FO grads. Not like someone from Oxbridge gets a higher base in an IB.
Original post by Teenage Pirate
If there were no bailouts, how many of your counterparties would have paid up?

All two of them.
All two of them.

Even if you were trading with central banks, pretty sure your employer would have either made losses so deep they couldn't pay you a bonus or realized the financial system was ****ed and that there was no way you would ever be able to trade the same again and not paid you your bonus.

You can't seriously be saying you would have made more money without the "bailouts"
Reply 89
Top of the range trading is going to be double that. Don't be silly.

yeah if you are good, and on a prop desk at a top bank
Original post by Teenage Pirate
Even if you were trading with central banks, pretty sure your employer would have either made losses so deep they couldn't pay you a bonus or realized the financial system was ****ed and that there was no way you would ever be able to trade the same again and not paid you your bonus.

You can't seriously be saying you would have made more money without the "bailouts"

I'm pretty sure I would have made at least ten times more without them. Especially in March 2009 when Citi was about to pop.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Irritable Bowel, I believe.

Oh who went and negged this post? It had 50 pos reps and 0 neg reps and you went and ruined it you stingy beggar.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Oh who went and negged this post? It had 50 pos reps and 0 neg reps and you went and ruined it you stingy beggar.

I don't usually neg, but kind of tempted now... :p:

Nah, moment's gone - needed to be the one outlier.
Reply 93
That's a lot of cash, but I'd still rather have a job I was interested in.
Reply 94
capitalism is a discrace
Reply 96

neither is it possible for u. SNM! :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:
Reply 97
Original post by Jacktri
capitalism is a discrace

Poor spelling is worse.
Reply 98
Original post by JakeF
Poor spelling is worse.

no grammar nazis like yourself can solve world spelling problems but making money without any produce or benefit to society is a far more complex problem
Original post by Jacktri
no grammar nazis like yourself can solve world spelling problems but making money without any produce or benefit to society is a far more complex problem

What on earth are you talking about? Try going a day not using anything that capitalism has created. Have fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending