The Student Room Group

NSPCC Campaign on facebook : to stop violence against children

Change your Facebook profile picture to a character from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same, for the NSPCC. Until Monday (December 6), there should be no human faces on Facebook, but an invasion of memories. This is a campaign to stop violence against children.

You probably have come across the above message now with everyone posting it as their status.

This campaign is getting pretty big now on facebook, with everyone changing their profile pics to pics of their favourite characters, anybody else taking part ?

I changed mine for this campaign to a pic of Simba from lion king :smile:

What about you ?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm perry the platypus (H)
I have no idea how this will change anything...yet done. My photo:

Invader Zim: Gir!
Reply 3
What's the point?
Reply 4
Yeah, because changing my Facebook DP to a picture of Cow and Chicken is going to stop some sadistic bastards from belting their kids, isn't it? :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Original post by Genocidal
What's the point?

It's a campaign to stop violence against children. If you don't want to take part that's fine, but I'm sure there will be plenty of others like myself who would like to take part for these kids, not much of a bid deal to change your profile pic now is it ?

To show appreciation to those kids out there, that someone somewhere cares :smile: just my two cents.
Reply 6
I changed mine to a Simpsons picture of Homer strangling Bart. Let's see the NSPCC get their heads round that one.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
I can't find/remember a good enough cartoon, and all the cool ones my friends already have them :frown:
Reply 8
It won't change much, but hey, it's an excuse to be Squirtle :danceboy:
It's a bit of fun, plus more importantly it raises awareness since everyone's making it their status. Why do people always have to be so cynical. :colonhash: Go outside and make some snow angels or something.
I've got Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
Original post by ussumane
I can't find/remember a good enough cartoon, and all the cool ones my friends already have them :frown:

Pinky and the Brain? :ninja:
Good idea, but it's ruined Mudkip invasion day!

My all time favourite :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Sushidelight
Pinky and the Brain? :ninja:

One of my friends already has them. :frown:

Stingy bastard, he could have just used one of them two :mad:
Reply 15
Original post by GlibByNature
It's a bit of fun, plus more importantly it raises awareness since everyone's making it their status. Why do people always have to be so cynical. :colonhash: Go outside and make some snow angels or something.

Tell that to the abused kids. Real action needs to be taken. Some Facebook campaign will do **** all.
hmmm..not sure how it'll help, an on-site button to donate a small amount of money via paypal would be a better idea, or maybe an official NSPCC logo for the event, folks pay say £2 via paypal (or more if they wish) and something can appear on the profile.

Also not to detract from seriousness of online abuse but I've never really understood how people can let it happen. Surely you'd just remove them as a friend/block them (depending on what service we're talking about) and set your settings to friends only?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by joey11223
hmmm..not sure how it'll help, an on-site button to donate a small amount of money via paypal would be a better idea, or maybe an official NSPCC logo for the event, folks pay say £2 via paypal (or more if they wish) and something can appear on the profile.

Also not to detract from seriousness of online abuse but I've never really understood how people can let it happen. Surely you'd just remove them as a friend/block them (depending on what service we're talking about) and set your settings to friends only?

It's less about online bullying, more about child abuse.
Reply 18
I can see pokemon making a swift comeback through this :biggrin:
Original post by Guvnor
It's a campaign to stop violence against children. If you don't want to take part that's fine, but I'm sure there will be plenty of others like myself who would like to take part for these kids, not much of a bid deal to change your profile pic now is it ?

To show appreciation to those kids out there, that someone somewhere cares :smile: just my two cents.

But why does changing your profile picture stop them? I don't get it :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending