The Student Room Group

how many times would you apologise to a girl over the same incident?

Say you had a minor argument with a female friend of yours, how many times would you apologise? Would once be it?

Ive apologised once and she still seems distant, but I cant be asked to chase her.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
0 times real men do not apologise
Reply 2
If you've apologised and she's not interested then there's not much more that needs to be done.

Bearing in mind we have no idea what the incident is :iiam:
they try to pretend not to accept your apology, to see how much they mean to you and if youll chase her. chase her a bit more if you want to stay friends, but nothing OTT
Original post by A_master
If you've apologised and she's not interested then there's not much more that needs to be done.

hey man!
Reply 5
Original post by A_master

This is the second time i've seen you pop up with that "it is a mystery" thing. You make me laughhhh!
Reply 6
It's funny cos i had a situation like this earlier, but she was in the wrong to start off with, but i knida made it worse. Oops. In the end she ended up apologising and we're better.

Imo, you should just chase her up - she'll appreciate it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Once. After that it starts to lose its meaning.
Reply 8
0-1 depending on how bad the argument was and how much of it was your fault
Original post by SummerSofas
they try to pretend not to accept your apology, to see how much they mean to you and if youll chase her. chase her a bit more if you want to stay friends, but nothing OTT

If its a friend you shouldnt need to 'chase' her, you've already apologised.

She could just be sulking...so she may just need time to get over it... depending on how small your argument was.

If someone got really mad and shouted at me :/ id distance myself from them for a while.... also depends on whether you were close friends or not.

So just act normal and smile:biggrin:
bitches are craaazeh
It depends how close we are but, generally, once.
Reply 12
Original post by Hey TSR
Say you had a minor argument with a female friend of yours, how many times would you apologise? Would once be it?

Ive apologised once and she still seems distant, but I cant be asked to chase her.

She just wants to hear you say that you were WRONG you don't have to mean it but just say it.put lots of empathis on the word wrong.
Original post by Stasiaxx

Original post by Stasiaxx
She just wants to hear you say that you were WRONG you don't have to mean it but just say it.put lots of empathis on the word wrong.

This. SOME girls like it that way.
Reply 14
Once (if lucky) then no more.
0 times because as men we are never wrong. :smile:
Never apologize more than once. Once is already a LOT.
Reply 17
Original post by Glowy Amoeba
Never apologize more than once. Once is already a LOT.

I don't agree with this
It depends on how well you knew eachother.

What it was.

Whether you meant it the 1st time, was it convincing enough?

Also if it is really bad, sorry may not fix it, in particular if it is words over actions.
Reply 19
Original post by Ben77mc
I don't agree with this

Its true though. Theres a thin line between seeming sorry for your actions and seeming outright desperate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending