The Student Room Group

Thoughts on Greenwich Uni?

Hello I am just wondering what is your thoughts on Greenwich Uni? Much Appreciated!!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liamerrington
Hello I am just wondering what is your thoughts on Greenwich Uni? Much Appreciated!!:smile:

Not posh enough for someone with the surname of 'Errington'. :p:

Seriously, depends what you're hoping to do. Generally, it's in quite a nice part of London, the building is very impressive and people I know there are happy with it.
Ranked pretty pathetically. If you're one of those people that go for ranking - avoid it.
Original post by Anonymous-
Ranked pretty pathetically. If you're one of those people that go for ranking - avoid it.

Presumably if he's into rankings, he'll already know that?
Original post by TheSownRose
Presumably if he's into rankings, he'll already know that?

Presumably.. stfu.
Oh and there are many better universities within a short distance. So, your better off with one of them.
Presumably.. stfu.
Oh and there are many better universities within a short distance. So, your better off with one of them.

Not necessarily true.
Not necessarily true.

How so?
Overlook the rankings. Go to the uni if YOU want to go to it and you know it's right for you, beautiful area / borough, very historic and relaxed, near the centre of town so not too far from anything really and easily to reach by Tube / DLR

The Uni's alright. Go for some open days
How so?

There are many situations I can think of where another uni within a short distance of Greenwich wouldn't be better than Greenwich.

1) Greenwich is the only uni that offer his course.

2) Greenwich is the only uni his grades qualify him for.

3) Greenwich is the uni he likes the most.

4) Greenwich is the best uni for his course.

5) Greenwich has something different about his course (for example, accredited.)

I'm sure there are more, but these are five examples.
There are many situations I can think of where another uni within a short distance of Greenwich wouldn't be better than Greenwich.

1) Greenwich is the only uni that offer his course.

2) Greenwich is the only uni his grades qualify him for.

3) Greenwich is the uni he likes the most.

4) Greenwich is the best uni for his course.

5) Greenwich has something different about his course (for example, accredited.)

I'm sure there are more, but these are five examples.

Your first point is void. As is your fifth, and your fourth.

Point 2 and 3 are valid though. I never took into consideration that he may be an idiot. For that you have my deepest apologies.
Your first point is void. As is your fifth, and your fourth.

You not liking Greenwich doesn't invalidate my factual points. Why are first, fourth and fifth void?

And I daresay OP is not an idiot.
Reply 11
I loved Greenwich. The area is wonderful, the education was great. I'd highly recommend it.
You not liking Greenwich doesn't invalidate my factual points. Why are first, fourth and fifth void?

And I daresay OP is not an idiot.

I love Greenwich! Why would you randomly assume otherwise?

And look at the points again. It'll all become clear.
I love Greenwich! Why would you randomly assume otherwise?

And look at the points again. It'll all become clear.

Not really... Am I also now an idiot?

There are lots of reasons people pick unis; ranking is only one, and only for some people.
Terrible.

Ranked near the bottom for everything.

Horrible employability.
Not really... Am I also now an idiot?

There are lots of reasons people pick unis; ranking is only one, and only for some people.

Did you quote the wrong post? Because your statements in no way related to what I said.
Did you quote the wrong post? Because your statements in no way related to what I said.

Just trying to summarise the argument - got bored of it.
Just trying to summarise the argument - got bored of it.

OK.. props to you for being mature enough to accept the fact that you were wrong. We can all now move on with our lives.:wink:
OK.. props to you for being mature enough to accept the fact that you were wrong. We can all now move on with our lives.:wink:

Ooh, now it's on. :angry:

I was getting bored because we actually seemed to be agreeing...
Ooh, now it's on. :angry:

I was getting bored because we actually seemed to be agreeing...

No, you accused me of having a sickening hatred for Greenwich, which I don't have. When I mentioned that you were wrong you ended the convo. I thought that was your acknowledgement of you being wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending