The Student Room Group

Thoughts on Greenwich Uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous-
No, you accused me of having a sickening hatred for Greenwich, which I don't have. When I mentioned that you were wrong you ended the convo. I thought that was your acknowledgement of you being wrong.

I appreciate you don't have a hatred of it (although your previous posts could suggest it), but if we're agreeing OP could do worse, it seems kind of pointless continuing, no?
Original post by TheSownRose
I appreciate you don't have a hatred of it (although your previous posts could suggest it), but if we're agreeing OP could do worse, it seems kind of pointless continuing, no?

You are 100% correct, hence my falling asleep. :smile:
Also, I realised that you were the epic kid I was talking to a couple of weeks back, I think.
And I was going to apply to Greenwich but they don't allow on-line access for the PS3. What a travesty. Which is why I made the earlier comments. Teehee.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
Okay I'll try to bring in a more balanced argument than some of the posters on here.

In many ways this anonymous poster is right. Reputation and ranking wise - Greenwich falls near the bottom of the pile as a university. Correct me if im wrong but I don't think it breaks the top 80/90 on the Times or Independent rankings. The surrounding areas of Greenwich old town/Greenwich Park and Blackheath are quiet nice areas, but 5 minutes down the road each way and you're into the residental part of Greenwich or Deptford which are hardly as desirable. The campus is quite small although I think its spread around the area and they do have a medway campus as well but if a campus uni is your thing then Greenwich uni won't necessarily fill that criteria.

Employability wise in most subjects the name "Greenwich" doesn't carry much punch and within south-east London schools it's known as a bit of a dossy uni but as I've always believed once you leave university its entirely up to you what you do with your life and if you're someone that's incredibly committed, determined and hard-working, that will make up for the university's lack of standing as opposed to someone who comes out of a Leicester, Nottingham or Leeds and expects the world to fall at his feet simply because he went to a decent university.

I don't really know your academic/geographical situation (i.e. if you're a London native) but I'd say there are better options in an around London that are better academically/reputation wise but aren't impossible to get into. It all depends on your grades of course, but if you really like the look of Greenwich (visit id say) and the course seems good for you then by all means go for it.
To be honest, if your grades are so bad that you're actually considering Greenwich and London Metropolitan you probably shouldn't even go to university.
Original post by Anonymous-
You are 100% correct, hence my falling asleep. :smile:
Also, I realised that you were the epic kid I was talking to a couple of weeks back, I think.
And I was going to apply to Greenwich but they don't allow on-line access for the PS3. What a travesty. Which is why I made the earlier comments. Teehee.

What!? That's just ridiculous - no wonder they're ranked so low. :mad:
Original post by TheSownRose
What!? That's just ridiculous - no wonder they're ranked so low. :mad:

Exactly! I'm so glad someone understands.
:biggrin:
But really, I never said that was the reason they are ranked so pathetically. Also, rank is not everything, you do realise that, right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending