The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2011 Applicant's thread (Accounting and Finance)

Anyone get any offers yet? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yo

Nope, no offer from LSE yet. Not really expecting one as they were my risky choice. Although their website lists entry requirements at AAB, are we certain that they'll be after AAA+?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
meh, i'm waiting for anything from them tbh... even a rejection.
i just don't like waiting like this -___-
Reply 3
has anobody got offers? what are your predicted grades are AS and GCSE grades if you dont mind me askin
Original post by 108
has anobody got offers? what are your predicted grades are AS and GCSE grades if you dont mind me askin

I applied last week. I have 11 A's GCSE's( Maximum grade was A ) and a predicted A levels AAAA*. I am an international student. REALLY REALLY hoping to get in :afraid:. Just received an Acknowledgement uptill now What about you?
Reply 5
Original post by superman-lives
I applied last week. I have 11 A's GCSE's( Maximum grade was A ) and a predicted A levels AAAA*. I am an international student. REALLY REALLY hoping to get in :afraid:. Just received an Acknowledgement uptill now What about you?

Got a few A* at GCSE, mostly As and 1 B. Im home student. Got predicted A*AB for A Level and got mostly As at AS level. Only got an acknowledgement. No e-mails so far or anything. Just still waiting on something.
Original post by 108
Got a few A* at GCSE, mostly As and 1 B. Im home student. Got predicted A*AB for A Level and got mostly As at AS level. Only got an acknowledgement. No e-mails so far or anything. Just still waiting on something.

That's good. When did you send in your application?. Best of luck :smile: I hope you get in.
Reply 7
That's good. When did you send in your application?. Best of luck :smile: I hope you get in.

sent my app a week ago. quite late i know. how bout u?
Original post by 108
sent my app a week ago. quite late i know. how bout u?

Haha I also sent it last week :redface:. What do you think is there any chance we get a reply before New Year's??
If you dont mind me asking what are your plans for like after the degree. CA, Job or What??
Reply 10
Only sent my app last week too but haven't heard anything yet... No news is good news right ><
Reply 11
Original post by Vanbree
Only sent my app last week too but haven't heard anything yet... No news is good news right ><

Paha, that's my mantra right now. :cool:
Reply 12
wooo got my rejection XD

good luck yall! :smile:
Original post by penguin x
wooo got my rejection XD

No kidding! When did you apply?
Reply 14
wooo got my rejection XD

Oh sorry to hear that. Good luck to your other choices then. It's a very competitive course :frown:

A friend of mine was rejected 2 weeks ago from yesterday. She was predicted A*A*AB but didn't get it because her subjects are all Maths and the Sciences.

And did you receive your decision last night? So that the speculation of the alternative Friday is true :redface:
Reply 15
No kidding! When did you apply?

8th november... lol

Buh, my predicted was AAB.. so i don't blame them really :P
Reply 16
Original post by chuchuchu
Oh sorry to hear that. Good luck to your other choices then. It's a very competitive course :frown:

A friend of mine was rejected 2 weeks ago from yesterday. She was predicted A*A*AB but didn't get it because her subjects are all Maths and the Sciences.

And did you receive your decision last night? So that the speculation of the alternative Friday is true :redface:

i'm doing all sciences and maths too :P
and yah, i got the rejection last night :O
i'm doing all sciences and maths too :P
and yah, i got the rejection last night :O

I thought they preferred sciences they had accounting and business studies under the non preferred subjects :/
Reply 18
Nope. They need at least one essay-based subject such as Economics, History, English and Psychology. They already state it in their criteria admission page for Accounting and Finance.
Original post by chuchuchu
Nope. They need at least one essay-based subject such as Economics, History, English and Psychology. They already state it in their criteria admission page for Accounting and Finance.

Why is there Acc and Finance course so competitive ? The other day i was seing the rankings and LSE hardly makes it in the top10 for Acc and Finance :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending