The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Information Management for Business applicants/offer holders

Hey all,

Just thought I'd see who of you are applying for the IMB at UCL or hold offers already..

Would be great to get to know people in-case that's where we end up!

I've received an Unconditional for this course

Chris

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im applying, this is my first choice, UCAS almost sent off, Predicted A(economics) A(psychology) and B(maths)

:biggrin: REALLY want to go UCL!!!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by ashton.alfred
Im applying, this is my first choice, UCAS almost sent off, Predicted A(economics) A(psychology) and B(maths)

:biggrin: REALLY want to go UCL!!!

Get it sent off! Competition for places this year is very strict (having spoken to admissions)..Of course they say that everyone who applies by January 15th will have an equal opportunity. But remember, people are already getting offers (I myself, being one of them) and they only have a certain amount of offers to hand out!

Where else are you applying? I'm just waiting for a reply from LSE for HR management and employment relations..REALLY want an offer from them..However I do love UCL!
Reply 3
Original post by Chrisl12345
Get it sent off! Competition for places this year is very strict (having spoken to admissions)..Of course they say that everyone who applies by January 15th will have an equal opportunity. But remember, people are already getting offers (I myself, being one of them) and they only have a certain amount of offers to hand out!

Where else are you applying? I'm just waiting for a reply from LSE for HR management and employment relations..REALLY want an offer from them..However I do love UCL!

Tried to get it sent off as early as possible :s-smilie: aaaa your worrying me now :s-smilie: :/ but aplpying to
warwick: computer and business studies- AAB
KCL- Computer science with management and a year abroad- AAB
Nottingham- Computer science- BBB but they have been giving out BBC offers
Loughborough- Computer science BBB- ABB
UCL- IMB- ABB REALLY REALLY WANT TO GET ON THIS COURSE!!!!!!!! personal statement geared towards Computer science and management which should be pretty ideal for IMB i think

But you have got me really worried now :/
Reply 4
Tried to get it sent off as early as possible :s-smilie: aaaa your worrying me now :s-smilie: :/ but aplpying to
warwick: computer and business studies- AAB
KCL- Computer science with management and a year abroad- AAB
Nottingham- Computer science- BBB but they have been giving out BBC offers
Loughborough- Computer science BBB- ABB
UCL- IMB- ABB REALLY REALLY WANT TO GET ON THIS COURSE!!!!!!!! personal statement geared towards Computer science and management which should be pretty ideal for IMB i think

But you have got me really worried now :/

Haha, sorry - no need to be nervous! I'm sure you will get an offer!

I'm not actually sure on how they choose their candidates for this course! My A-Level grades were good, but my PS was aimed towards LSE's course..the only mention of ITMB was my link between Management and the uses of technology in business' :smile:
Reply 5
I'm applying, the only offer I have so far is for Warwick's Computer and Business Studies course, which I was surprised at because I didn't have the compulsory subjects... Conversely I think I had a, in my opinion, very strong personal statement. Fingers crossed for UCL :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Aaron.F
I'm applying, the only offer I have so far is for Warwick's Computer and Business Studies course, which I was surprised at because I didn't have the compulsory subjects... Conversely I think I had a, in my opinion, very strong personal statement. Fingers crossed for UCL :smile:

im applying for the same warwick and UCL course as you!, which one will you choose if you have offers from both?
Reply 7
Applied and got a letter saying they'll invite me for an interview.. just waiting for that date now :cool:
Reply 8
im applying for the same warwick and UCL course as you!, which one will you choose if you have offers from both?

That is the million pound question I tell you... How on earth do you choose? It comes down to UCL having more prestige but being in a better although more expensive area... With Warwick having a better course but slightly less prestige in a worse, but a lot cheaper location. You? Have you got a Warwick offer yet?
Reply 9
Original post by Aaron.F
That is the million pound question I tell you... How on earth do you choose? It comes down to UCL having more prestige but being in a better although more expensive area... With Warwick having a better course but slightly less prestige in a worse, but a lot cheaper location. You? Have you got a Warwick offer yet?

yerrr i know, but tbh im not entirely sure that the warwick course is much better, or that UCL has more prestige!! Very hard to tell, But i want to get into investment banking so i get the feeling UCL's may be slightly better for that but really not sure :/ and UCAS not sent of yet, but school said it should be sent of "now or imminantly"

you got offers yet? and which one are you leaning towards? and are they your first and second choice?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
yerrr i know, but tbh im not entirely sure that the warwick course is much better, or that UCL has more prestige!! Very hard to tell, But i want to get into investment banking so i get the feeling UCL's may be slightly better for that but really not sure :/ and UCAS not sent of yet, but school said it should be sent of "now or imminantly"

you got offers yet? and which one are you leaning towards? and are they your first and second choice?

I've heard people have gone into IB from this course which is great..I think that lately it seems to be a case of 'It's more about where you go, not what course you do'.

Apparently, people from UCL doing courses such as French or Geography have ended up in IB. They also have IB fairs each year..aimed at 1st year Undergrads and penultimate year undergrads so If that's what your heart is set on..UCL IT IS!
Reply 11

Not applying for this course but I have to say UCL has a pretty epic bursary though which should make like easier, but then so does warwick so you'd pretty much be financially set wherever you go.
Reply 12

I've got the C & B Studies offer from Warwick and an ITMB offer from Loughborough, I think I want to firm the UCL IMB offer (if I get it) and then insurance Warwick though...

On another note, Investment Banking is a very desirable career choice for me too and any ITMB/IMB course gives you a guaranteed interview with Morgan Stanley and some other big firms, not necessarily in IB or anything but it's a foot in the door I guess. I think it is safe to say that as a world uni UCL has slightly more prestige, that doesn't mean it's better per se, just that people tend to view it as a better Uni.

Also,
Fat-Love
Not applying for this course but I have to say UCL has a pretty epic bursary though which should make like easier, but then so does warwick so you'd pretty much be financially set wherever you go.

Could you tell me more about the UCL bursaries please?
Reply 13
Original post by Aaron.F
I've got the C & B Studies offer from Warwick and an ITMB offer from Loughborough, I think I want to firm the UCL IMB offer (if I get it) and then insurance Warwick though...

What offer did you get from L'boro?
Reply 14
Original post by Aaron.F

On another note, Investment Banking is a very desirable career choice for me too and any ITMB/IMB course gives you a guaranteed interview with Morgan Stanley and some other big firms, not necessarily in IB or anything but it's a foot in the door I guess. I think it is safe to say that as a world uni UCL has slightly more prestige, that doesn't mean it's better per se, just that people tend to view it as a better Uni.

Also,

You could easily get around 3K combined with the almost 7K maintenance grant you can get from living out it in london you have practically 10k a year. If you part a time job too that rises a lot aswell. You get around 3k at warwick too I think.

I think one of the conditions of the bursary is you have to firm them though. My information might be a bit out of date. Check the website on the financial help section to get latest info.
Reply 15
Original post by Aaron.F

Also,

how can you insure warwicks? i thought there typical offer was AAB and UCL's IMB only ABB, i didnt think there was any point having an insurance with a higher conditional than firm? what was your warwick and loughborough offer?
Reply 16
Not sure of my Loughborough offer yet but they sent me a letter stating I have an offer and that they will clarify it in a few days.

And you can firm / insurance whatever course because it's not just about the grades it's about the institution you want to go to as well.

From the UCAS website:
"The conditions for your insurance choice can be higher than your firm choice, but be aware that if you're not accepted by your firm choice, it's unlikely that you will be accepted for an insurance choice that requests higher grades."

And my Warwick offer was for AB (I've already got one A grade A-Level) without the prerequisite natural science subject which I was happy about!
(edited 13 years ago)
I've seen that somebody on TSR has got an offer for Information Management for Business... I hope the rest of us start getting some sort of response (hopefully an offer) soon... It would be horrible to have to wait until after Christmas.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Chrisl12345
Hey all,

Just thought I'd see who of you are applying for the IMB at UCL or hold offers already..

Would be great to get to know people in-case that's where we end up!

I've received an Unconditional for this course

Chris

im applying to itmb course at UCL, im hoping to get into this as its my top choice. What subjects did you take and grades did you get chris?
Reply 19

Hey all,
I am planning to apply to UCL for the ITMB course, I was just wondering if anyone had offers, and what grades are needed in the offer? I also am predicted Distinction in Business BTEC, Distinction in ICT BTEC (practioners) and A in Sociology. I have no further AS grades either and my Personal statement is based around how through technologies and IT business has evolved, so not so much computing but IT and Business. I was wondering, do you think its worth applying for the course since UCL is such a prestigious university.

Gehlot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending