The Student Room Group

To anyone who's been punched in the face....

Unfortunately this happened to me last night. I now have huge swelling over my right cheek and a black eye, plus swollen nose at the sides.
I iced it when I came in last night and took some paracetamol (no ibuprofen about) but still have a massive bulge in my face.

I have to go out for a family meal tonight and need this swelling to go down because it really doesn't look great. Basically my cheek bone looks like a golf ball.

Scroll to see replies

I find that the most effective thing to do is ice and arnica. Then get some concealer and whack it over the bruising and blend well.
Won't go down by tonight - well fully anyway.
Reply 3
a family meal lol you must be posh huh
Reply 4
It's your family I'm sure they'll understand... :smile:
Reply 5
Why were you punched in the face anyway?
Reply 6
Original post by Holly Hiskey
I find that the most effective thing to do is ice and arnica. Then get some concealer and whack it over the bruising and blend well.

No homo-No concealer :wink: Will try the Arnica gel though, which I used for something else b4 i think. How much is concealer btw and what one do i get, if i get desperate lol?
Original post by Jacktri
a family meal lol you must be posh huh

Eating in the same room as your family makes you 'posh' now? :confused:
Just keep up with the ice for as long as you possibly can :smile: It should bring the swelling down a little bit. Concealer can do a fair bit to help, as long as it matches your skin otherwise it will just make it look worse. But good luck :smile: x
Reply 9
Original post by davidmarsh01
Why were you punched in the face anyway?

If I told you, you probably wouldn't believe me cause it's so stupid. But basically it was actually someone I was out with last night who I've only just met. He's a major prick basically and think's he's really hard. I was sitting down ffs in a car and hit me because I wouldn't tell him the directions back to his house, after this other guy stole his mum's car to drive to Bristol (from Windsor) to get a gram of coke. HHAHAHAAHAH

There's a bit more to it than that but basically we are all very different and were obviously on completely different wavelength's, and we were all really pissed too, including the driver. I'm just glad we didn't crash the car.

Part 2 to follow shortly :biggrin:

edit: The reason I didn't tell him the directions was because he promised to take me back first and then drove me to my house then turned back again for some reason. I was too wrecked to remember and he speak's with a farmer's accent and I just couldn't get a word in, and was just laughing all the time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Great Lord Xenu
Eating in the same room as your family makes you 'posh' now? :confused:

so you don't like your family seeing marks on your face lol.....
Original post by Jacktri

I'm not the OP.
Reply 12
Original post by Lamps08
Unfortunately this happened to me last night. I now have huge swelling over my right cheek and a black eye, plus swollen nose at the sides.
I iced it when I came in last night and took some paracetamol (no ibuprofen about) but still have a massive bulge in my face.

I have to go out for a family meal tonight and need this swelling to go down because it really doesn't look great. Basically my cheek bone looks like a golf ball.

Ice and arnica, as has already been suggested. They both work well. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Jacktri

How does going out for a meal with your family make someone posh? And what's wrong with trying to cover up marks on your face? :confused:
Reply 14
Original post by .Ali.
How does going out for a meal with your family make someone posh? And what's wrong with trying to cover up marks on your face? :confused:

it seems normal to you therefore it is posh everything you do is posh
can i just ask, why do all the girls seem to know how to cover up being punched in the face? also what is arnica. apologies for my ignorance.
Reply 16
Original post by SirRamAlot
Won't go down by tonight - well fully anyway.

I think it's getting worse as well. My nose is so buggered too. How many days for it to go completely? I was surprised at how mashed my face looked and how quickly it swelled last night tbh. When I got in my whole face was dripping in blood from 1-2 fat- guy punches. He completely stunned me though which was a real bugger because i would have definately kicked his ass. I should have hit him back but the amount of blood must have put me off, and the fact that we were in the middle of a main road.
Reply 17
Original post by giantlemon
can i just ask, why do all the girls seem to know how to cover up being punched in the face? also what is arnica. apologies for my ignorance.

It's a cooling gel, just feels more soothing than ice.

edit: The guy is apologizing now, saying it shouldn't have happened. Damn right it shouldn't have happened, he should have let me stand up to fight him properly. Shall I ask him for a re-match tonight? The saddest part of this is the fact that he probably think's he's really hard now, especially due to the ridiculous amount of blood there was.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Jacktri
it seems normal to you therefore it is posh everything you do is posh

"Everything I do is posh"? Care to expand on that?

Are you saying you've never eaten a meal out with your family? :lolwut:
Reply 19
Original post by giantlemon

We've been punched in the face. :tongue: Usually by other girls, as a lot of them are jealous bitchy morons.

Quick Reply

Latest